Rogers announces the Samsung Galaxy S II, AC announces forum

Cory Streater

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
Congratulations Roger's customer's.

From the blog:
With Samsung having now officially announced the LTE version of the Samsung Galaxy S II, Rogers in Canada has wasted no time in letting folks know they will be one of the first carriers with the device. While Rogers LTE coverage at this point is still rather limited, come Sept 28 it will be expanding; Customers in Toronto

fireshot91

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
Just a correction, Cory. No harm intended, purely for informative reasons:

It's Rogers's customers. Rogers is the name of the network, and so possession (The network belonging to Rogers) will be signified by an apostrophe s, quite similar to Shays's Rebellion.

And in the title of the thread, it should be Rogers, not Roger's.
Sorry, just had to point that out.

And y'all up in the north are lucky. I'm still waiting to hear about the Attain launch/announcement. Hopefully it comes tonight!

soulstar20

Aug 31, 2011
Visit site
This is GREAT news for Rogers' customers. I was so close to buying an unlocked SGSII at full price and I'm glad I held out! I'll be making my first switch from BB to Android, so let's hope this device rocks. I look forward to chatting with all you fellow Rogers SGSII future owners on these forums again once it gets released.

Fingers crossed that we don't get crushed with data charges :-\ :-$

sl8125

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
I was going to buying a SGS2 euro version. However, now i here ATT will get a SGS2 too. but now i saw that SGS2 LTE will be released. I have LTE in Houston but don't know how well it runs. Mang. so many options. I wonder if i get the Rogers version of SGS2 LTE work on ATT LTE. If so, i am so getting one. With my unlimited data plan, ATT will never know that i have a Rogers SGS2 LTE. Puhahahaha.

y2whisper

Trusted Member
Apr 15, 2010
Visit site
interested to see if this comes with NFC capabilities as well. Currently its between this and whatever nexus device comes next.

ESRaistlin

May 16, 2011
www.gingersolutions.com
I, also was very close to purchasing one unlocked. Thankfully I'll be able to pick this up as soon as its available. The only thing stopping me is if the Nexus Prime somehow catches my attention. But I've waiting for this since the first GS 2 rumours were leaked waaaay back. And my current phone is really starting to drive me nuts. Hopefully they'll launch this soon. I want my new phone :)

ChuckeeDroid

Sep 9, 2011
Visit site
Rogers is showing it available for reservation. I talked to customer service. They say they don't know when it'll be available. I wouldn't think very long..

Sent from my GT-P7510

AndroidCenter

Oct 15, 2012
Visit site
Love the phone but rogers is not good with the data plans these days. And LTE network is great they actually delivered on the speed. BT issue still exists wont stay connected to my car BT have to restart the phone at times have to pull the battery. Other than that works great.