Battery Draining while phone is off

mclellab

Jul 3, 2012
Visit site
I have a Galaxy S2 LTE When I charge the phone fully and then TURN IT OFF and I do mean OFF it will drain to zero in about 2 days.

This does not happen every time. There are times when I will check the phone the next day and all is fine. I once again turn it OFF. The next time I go to use it, it will be dead completely.

I have replaced the battery and I am at a loss. I read on one of the forums that I should go to Setting' Power and uncheck quick boot. Trouble is I cant find power or quick boot under the settings.

Any suggestions folks?

Thanks,

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Is the replacement battery brand new, from a reputable source? Just like SD cards, there's always a risk for low quality or blatantly counterfeit batteries out there.

Also, where are you storing the phone? In a normal room temperature environment? I ask because hot temps can cause the battery to discharge quickly, for example in a hot car.

Kelly Burby

Banned
Nov 26, 2013
Visit site
I have a Galaxy S2 LTE When I charge the phone fully and then TURN IT OFF and I do mean OFF it will drain to zero in about 2 days.

This does not happen every time. There are times when I will check the phone the next day and all is fine. I once again turn it OFF. The next time I go to use it, it will be dead completely.

I have replaced the battery and I am at a loss. I read on one of the forums that I should go to Setting' Power and uncheck quick boot. Trouble is I cant find power or quick boot under the settings.

Any suggestions folks?

Thanks,

well, this just seems weird do one thing once you open you device goto>settings>battery and check what is draining your battery ?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance