1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Insufficient storage message

My lovely S2 ran an automated update (Android 4.1.2) during the night last night and when I woke up this morning the phone had done a complete reset. All personally installed apps were gone, as were my contacts , music, and other features I had set up over the past year. I am now getting an "Insufficient Storage" message each time I try to install the previous apps that I had used and yet my memory check says I have 11.6GB of memory available. What am I doing wrong?

I looked on a previous post and it said to run *#9900# which I tried but to no avail. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Global Posts
    13,867 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Moto X

Default Re: Insufficient storage message

Quote Originally Posted by wadek View Post
    My lovely S2 ran an automated update (Android 4.1.2) during the night last night and when I woke up this morning the phone had done a complete reset. All personally installed apps were gone, as were my contacts , music, and other features I had set up over the past year. I am now getting an "Insufficient Storage" message each time I try to install the previous apps that I had used and yet my memory check says I have 11.6GB of memory available. What am I doing wrong?

I looked on a previous post and it said to run *#9900# which I tried but to no avail. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
    Welcome to the forums.
    Try clearing cache in recovery. That might help get rid of the confusion the OS has. Here is how: [Guide] Rebooting into Recovery Mode for the Galaxy S2, S3, and Tab2.
    Also check and see if the update went through. Settings>About Device>look at Android Version

Devices: Current: Nexus 5, Moto X, Galaxy Tab 2 (7.0); Retired: Galaxy S2 (Epic 4G Touch); Traded: Galaxy S3
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be - Lao Tzu
    Community Guidelines and also here