HTC One Rooting and Unlocking Carrier

Steven Tanner

Jan 26, 2014
Visit site
Hi All,

Hi have the HTC One Locked to Rogers, I had previously unlocked the phone as Im with Koodo. I purchased an unlock code and everything worked just fine I was using the phone on the Koodo network for several months, then one day it locked up at the quietly brilliant screen after several attempts I was able to reboot the phone and same thing happened, again after a reboot it finally wouldn't power up. Needless to say I had to send it in under warrantied repair. I got the phone back and the main-board had to be replaced. I attempted to unlock the phone again via code just as I did before using IMEI, each individual states that a code could not be generated. I have rooted devices before but I'm no seabiscuit if you know what I mean and am not entirely sure to what extent I need to go to root and unlock the phone. Before anyone says anything about the rooting/unlocking i know this wont immediately solve my problem but if I have this access can I not find the unlock code in the phone once rooted in addition to other alternatives?. I appreciate any help you guys and gals have to offer.

Thank you

Last edited:

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Unlocking the phone isn't that hard. Your best option is to follow the steps at HTCDev.com to unlock the bootloader. From there rooting the phone can be done manually or using one of the various toolkits available.

As far as unlocking it from its current carrier, I have never done it and have nothing to offer there :(

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC