Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 30
Like Tree1Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default KitKat coming to Rogers S4 users!

    Saw a post on MobileSyrup that Rogers will be releasing KitKat "soon" for the Galaxy S4 and Note 3. Yeah!

    Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk
  2. #2  
    srkmagnus's Avatar

    Posts
    6,760 Posts
    Global Posts
    6,763 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock 4.4 (KitKat)

    Default Re: KitKat coming to Rogers S4 users!

    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Bourne4 View Post
    Saw a post on MobileSyrup that Rogers will be releasing KitKat "soon" for the Galaxy S4 and Note 3. Yeah!

    Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk
    That's great news! If you receive it let us know .
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

    Default Re: KitKat coming to Rogers S4 users!

    Quote Originally Posted by srkmagnus View Post
    That's great news! If you receive it let us know .
    Well, soon for Rogers likely means within the next couple months, but I'll post when it finally shows up.

    Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk
  4. #4  

    Default Re: KitKat coming to Rogers S4 users!

    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Bourne4 View Post
    Well, soon for Rogers likely means within the next couple months, but I'll post when it finally shows up.

    Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk
    Yeah, I won't get my hopes up for it, "soon" will probably be the end of March or something.
  5. #5  

    Default Re: KitKat coming to Rogers S4 users!

    I think we are getting it end of February

    Posted from my SGH-I337M
  6. #6  

    Default Re: KitKat coming to Rogers S4 users!

    March 13, it's official :-)

    Posted from my SGH-I337M
  7. #7  

    Default Re: KitKat coming to Rogers S4 users!

    Amazing! Thank you! :d

    Quote Originally Posted by salutcemoi View Post
    march 13, it's official :-)

    posted from my sgh-i337m
  8. #8  

    Default Re: KitKat coming to Rogers S4 users!

    Update currently downloading!
  9. #9  

    Default Re: KitKat coming to Rogers S4 users!

    Excellent update! Very smooth and with a few graphical changes. No apps were missing after installing, but Samsung's keyboard loses emojis. Google's Keyboard has a whole list and has them updated and looking 3D and on par with the iOS emojis. Awesome upgrade all-around! And battery is great so far, I'm going to drain to zero tonight and charge fully, just to give it a good cycle, then report back with updates in battery life.
  10. #10  

    Default Re: KitKat coming to Rogers S4 users!

    I like the update.
    And I can finally play with the KK easter egg :-)

    Posted from my SGH-I337M
  11. #11  

    Default Re: KitKat coming to Rogers S4 users!

    Hey folks.
    If I am not rooted, and just using Nova Launcher... when I do the update, will it keep my Nova setup, or will it default back to CheezeWhiz and I have to start over with Nova ? I know that I can do a backup with Nova just in case, but I'm just curious. In the MobileSyrup comments, a couple of users who updated had issues with WiFi (for one user, once WiFi was out of range, the carrier data radio wouldn't kick in without doing a restart) Probably, just a one off glitch, but wondering if anybody else noticed any issues ? My phone could definitely use a shot of Red Bull... it slowed down quite a bit even with Nova so I will definitely update this weekend. Might be a good idea for me to factory reset after the update and start over from scratch... clean up the apps and "unclog" my phone.
  12. #12  

    Default Re: KitKat coming to Rogers S4 users!

    ^
    Im stock unrooted with Nova, and nothing changed after the update.

    But for some reason, I lost 3 songs

    Posted from my SGH-I337M
    Thanked by:
  13. Thread Author  Thread Author    #13  

    Default Re: KitKat coming to Rogers S4 users!

    Just updated this morning. Looks good so far.

    Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk
    Thanked by:
  14. #14  

    Default Re: KitKat coming to Rogers S4 users!

    Quote Originally Posted by charles777 View Post
    Hey folks.
    If I am not rooted, and just using Nova Launcher... when I do the update, will it keep my Nova setup, or will it default back to CheezeWhiz and I have to start over with Nova ? I know that I can do a backup with Nova just in case, but I'm just curious. In the MobileSyrup comments, a couple of users who updated had issues with WiFi (for one user, once WiFi was out of range, the carrier data radio wouldn't kick in without doing a restart) Probably, just a one off glitch, but wondering if anybody else noticed any issues ? My phone could definitely use a shot of Red Bull... it slowed down quite a bit even with Nova so I will definitely update this weekend. Might be a good idea for me to factory reset after the update and start over from scratch... clean up the apps and "unclog" my phone.
    I'd recommend backing up your data and doing a factory reset before taking the update. When loading apps and data back to the phone, decide what you really need and what isn't really needed or used very often. A lighter load should help it perk up!
    "I can only see half of what's going on
    But i'm alright
    'Cause I can still smile"

    Wide Mouth Mason - Smile
    Thanked by:
  15. #15  

    Default Re: KitKat coming to Rogers S4 users!

    Quote Originally Posted by dancing-bass View Post
    I'd recommend backing up your data and doing a factory reset before taking the update. When loading apps and data back to the phone, decide what you really need and what isn't really needed or used very often. A lighter load should help it perk up!
    Thanks for the tip. I updated before reading your reply and so far so good
    It definitely sped up my phone ! Might not need to do a reset after all.
    dancing-bass likes this.
  16. #16  

    Default Re: KitKat coming to Rogers S4 users!

    Can anybody confirm the SD-card functionality? In a sense that it's a bad as they have said here KitKat and SD cards — what's fixed, what's broken and what's misunderstood | Android Central?
  17. #17  

    Default Re: KitKat coming to Rogers S4 users!

    Quote Originally Posted by alexeyga View Post
    Can anybody confirm the SD-card functionality? In a sense that it's a bad as they have said here KitKat and SD cards — what's fixed, what's broken and what's misunderstood | Android Central?
    I haven't seen any difference. Exactly the same as before for me anyways.


    Sent from my shed.
  18. #18  

    Default Re: KitKat coming to Rogers S4 users!

    Just installed - seems alright.
    Last edited by alexeyga; 03-18-2014 at 02:16 PM.
  19. #19  
    schergr's Avatar

    Posts
    1 Posts
    Global Posts
    2 Global Posts

    Default Re: KitKat coming to Rogers S4 users!

    Does anyone know if this includes the Galaxy S4 Mini on Rogers?
  20. #20  

    Default Re: KitKat coming to Rogers S4 users!

    So I bit the bullet and updated. I have noticed a few glitches, and I wonder if anyone else has noticed the same thing.

    1 - My power button and the home button occasionally do not respond. If the screen shuts off while I am in the middle of waiting for an application to load, and I press the power button, or the home button, the screen will not turn on immediately, and I have to go through a process of pressing one then the other several times before I can get it to turn on again.

    2 - The lock screen seems to be slower to respond then before the update.

    3 - I use Kingsoft Documents for work, and it seems that now all my spreadsheet documents will no longer load, and the spreadsheet part of the program itself will not work. (That is most likely something I have to go to Kingsoft directly, as it may no longer be compatible with 4.4, but the rest of the program works fine.

    Overall, I haven't noticed much difference. Although I did prefer the green battery icon at the top of the screen as apposed to the white with the update.
  21. #21  

    Default Re: KitKat coming to Rogers S4 users!

    I've been getting terrible battery life since the update. Laggy apps and getting stuck with a black screen for the lockscreen. So annoying
  22. #22  

    Default Re: KitKat coming to Rogers S4 users!

    Quote Originally Posted by NoodleEatinGook View Post
    I've been getting terrible battery life since the update. Laggy apps and getting stuck with a black screen for the lockscreen. So annoying
    Have you tried clearing the cache and rebooting?

    Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using AC Forums mobile app
    "I can only see half of what's going on
    But i'm alright
    'Cause I can still smile"

    Wide Mouth Mason - Smile
    Thanked by:
  23. #23  

    Default Re: KitKat coming to Rogers S4 users!

    I got the update and can no longer answer calls - I can make outgoing calls. Pushing the hardware button doesn't work. I called Rogers and did a factory reset to no avail. Any ideas?
  24. #24  

    Default Re: KitKat coming to Rogers S4 users!

    I called Rogers again and talked to a gal from Manila - I talked to her from a land line and she correctly trouble-shooted my problem. It was a swipe to the right on the green icon. Before you call me stupid I've been using this phone for one year using the hardware button to answer. Still, if the swipe gesture always was then I feel like a complete a**, if you know what I mean. 😥
  25. #25  

    Default Re: KitKat coming to Rogers S4 users!

    Quote Originally Posted by dancing-bass View Post
    Have you tried clearing the cache and rebooting?

    Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using AC Forums mobile app
    I'll give this a shot thanks
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Best alternative Launcher for the S4 Mini
    By jevalladares in forum Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 02-28-2014, 08:08 AM
  2. Looking to Root GS4 i337 UCUEMK2
    By IAMHADE5 in forum Samsung Galaxy S4 Rooting, ROMs & Hacks
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 02-10-2014, 06:10 PM
  3. Enters random characters when I try to text while connected to my laptop
    By Manaka Piyadasa in forum Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 02-09-2014, 08:45 PM
  4. Moved to Australia - do I need to root?
    By Grug in forum Rezound Rooting, ROMs, and Hacks
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-09-2014, 05:38 PM
  5. someone said the set my phone back to default and lost contacts
    By amarie815 in forum Android 2.3 Gingerbread
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-09-2014, 04:33 PM

Posting Permissions

B