Process com.android.systemui has stopped

Status
Not open for further replies.

xxorianna

Oct 28, 2012
Visit site
I recently did a factory reset by pressing and holding the power, home and volume up keys to get to the.. I think its called a bootloader? I dont really know but you can wipe the cache partition and clear data and reboot from there, which I did. I saw it on an website which I can't even find right now. But now whenever i long press the home key to get to the task manager the error Process com.android.systemui has stopped. I've done 3 factory resets to try to fix it but its still happening. Any help would be appreciated.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Did you follow these steps in the first place? Reset: Samsung Galaxy S 4 | T-Mobile Support

Just to make sure, do the wipe cache partition process one more time. If it still doesn't work correctly, see what happens if you remove your SD card, since a corrupt SD card can sometimes cause various problems. Make sure you unmount the card first, in Settings>Storage​. Then remove the card and reboot.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
What happens if you boot into Safe Mode (steps are at the bottom of that linked article)? Safe Mode disables all 3rd party apps, so if the problem persists, then there's something wrong with your firmware or hardware. If the problem resolves, then something that you installed is causing the problem--the tricky part is trying to pinpoint which one. Sometimes you just have to uninstall apps until the problem stops.

xxorianna

Oct 28, 2012
Visit site
I figured it out! It was by accident really. I uninstalled Secure Settings (which I used for Tasker) without realizing it. Then when I called my service provider (Rogers) to see if maybe I have to get a replacement phone, found that the home button worked! I tested it out a bunch of times, uninstalling and reinstalling Secure Settings, and the issue always occurs when I have Secure Settings installed. It's weird that SS was the cause.

ricardobasha

Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
Hello,

Ca you help me please? I already executed allthe steps as she and also by following the steps from the link you posted. But i my case eve when starting in safe mode i still have the pop error "com.android.sys...." And cannot do much thing with that. I repeated this several time but still same problem :'(

Any idea on how to get back my android?

2ango

Oct 14, 2014
Visit site
i have this same problem but not only that error i also have the touchwiz home error. it gets better :D its also a black screen with just these two errors. ive tried a factory reset and clearing the catch in the start up menu and still a black screen with two errors. please help

tone1785

Nov 18, 2014
Visit site
I am having the exact same issue with Tasker and Secure Settings. How were you able to install Secure Settings to fix the systemui issue? I its not excepting my touch input so I can't just navigate to settings>app and uninstall.

Feb 1, 2015
Visit site
Process com.android.systemui on micrmax canvas a105 ,what is the solution for the problem,i have alredy tried master reset preocess is not suceed.piease help me guys

Last edited:

Mharvic Hernandez

Aug 29, 2015
Visit site
I have the same issue, touch not responding when it hungs after the error message show up.. i tried formating my tablet but nothing happens.. but when I tried to reformat my sd card it fix my problem.. my sd card is not corrupted.. I still can copy/paste file on it and even watch movie on my other device using that sd.. but in some reason it fix my problem on my tab after formatted it.. weird..

EggsBenedict707

Jan 18, 2017
Visit site
Help plz

I'm 11 and it's saying process com. Android. Systemui I have a Samsung galaxy s4 and I need help fixing it. Step by step will be great. Before you ask if I can go ask my parents, I can't cause they're not home.

mel_sheard

Jan 21, 2017
Visit site
Hello, recently had this problem with my Samsung Galaxy Tab 3. It seems that Google's latest update was causing the difficulty. Go into play store > google > uninstall and it should remove it's latest update. I found that this sorted the problem and the message no longer appeared. It must be a fault with Google's software. Hopefully this works for you too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itamargs