HTC One X Not Getting LTE

arterio

Jun 10, 2012
Visit site
Hey guys,

I just did a hardware upgrade on Sunday afternoon from an iPhone 4 to an HTC One X LTE. I had to drop my 6GB $30 data plan for a 3GB LTE plan. They couldn't convert my 6GB plan from 3G to LTE.

The gist of it is, I have an LTE capable phone, I'm in an LTE coverage area, and I have an LTE data plan. But my phone is not getting LTE service. It's only showing 4G in the status bar.

When I did the hardware upgrade, the guy at the Rogers store just took my SIM from my iPhone and put it in the One X. I thought it had to be changed to a new SIM, but he insisted it didn't. Now I'm wondering if it really did, and that's why I'm not getting LTE.

Thoughts?

arterio

Jun 10, 2012
Visit site
Just wanted to share that I called Rogers and confirmed.with them that the reason I wasn't getting LTE service is because I was using my iPhone 4 SIM. Went to BestBuy and bought an LTE SIM and everything is working great now. Getting some crazy LTE speeds at my home in Surrey, BC.

quicksilver53

Sep 17, 2011
Visit site
I just had my 6g package converted to an LTE 6g package for the same $30.00. Just waiting for my LTE sim card to arrive from Rogers.

Sent from my HTC One X using Android Central Forums

quicksilver53

Sep 17, 2011
Visit site
I am on a corporate plan and pay a little less than that with more minutes. Works for me.

quicksilver53

Sep 17, 2011
Visit site
I would phone Rogers back. I converted my $30.00 6g to a 6g lte plan earlier this month with no extra cost to me.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drkrleitch