Christmas '11 at Verizon. Any clue what may be out?

judasmachine

Dec 26, 2009
Visit site
I'm sitting on my upgrade for a while. I've decided that I'll keep my Droid X at least until Xmas. Any scuttlebutt about what will be out by then on VZW?

tropper

Smarty Pants
Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
Yeah me too, I really dont believe VZW will get a true google phone, the way they blaspheme with that bing abomination they like to push.

speedking89

Jul 18, 2011
Visit site
Its sad i work for VZW and they don't even give us a device forecast that far ahead :'(. We get about 2 weeks tops before a new device gets launched. Except for the Charge launch which was a failure...we got it in stores with no confirmed release date so we assumed it was NOW! Then come to find out the guys up stairs finally came to a decision and pushed it another week after 20+ devices had been put in customers hands. All that to say if you hold your breath for a high profile device to launch with VZW you will turn very blue and more than likely pass out :) Cheers!

tropper

Smarty Pants
Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
Its sad i work for VZW and they don't even give us a device forecast that far ahead :'(. We get about 2 weeks tops before a new device gets launched. Except for the Charge launch which was a failure...we got it in stores with no confirmed release date so we assumed it was NOW! Then come to find out the guys up stairs finally came to a decision and pushed it another week after 20+ devices had been put in customers hands. All that to say if you hold your breath for a high profile device to launch with VZW you will turn very blue and more than likely pass out :) Cheers!

Thunderbolt anyone?

EggoEspada

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
Well, maybe the Galaxy SII, the next Nexus device (or something similar), Droid HD, something new from HTC, similar to what the Sensation offers without a slight bump and LTE. More or less that's what I'm expecting in terms of flagships.

cmorty72#AC

The bending unit
Nov 3, 2009
Visit site
the motorola dinara is coming in q4
That's going straight to AT&T, not Verizon.

As much as I'd like to find a decent replacement (4G LTE Bionic hopefully?) for my aging and venerable OGD, I do believe I'll be sitting on my upgrade as well.
Unless of course the SGIIS or the Verizon rendition of the Epic blow my mind.:p

A little off topic here, but I came across an interesting read here about 4G LTE:
5 Reasons Not To Buy A 4G LTE Smartphone Today

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RemusGhostofRome