09-09-2011 02:26 AM
33 12
tools
    Another possible new name for a Verizon smartphone.
    07-16-2011 11:46 AM
    The name is good. It could be the name for the Samsung/Verizon slider we saw a month ago.
    07-16-2011 11:49 AM
    The name is good. It could be the name for the Samsung/Verizon slider we saw a month ago.
    Do you mean the Epic4g for Verizon? If so then it could be the Epic2 . I wouldn't think they would want a year old phone. That would be cool. Still keeping the physical keyboard alive lol
    LegendarySoul likes this.
    07-16-2011 12:57 PM
    Samsung has some weird names....
    07-16-2011 01:08 PM
    Do you mean the Epic4g for Verizon? If so then it could be the Epic2 . I wouldn't think they would want a year old phone. That would be cool. Still keeping the physical keyboard alive lol
    That's precisely what Verizon does. Take a year old phone, slap their name on it and call it new. A la thunderbolt and x2
    07-16-2011 01:18 PM
    That's precisely what Verizon does. Take a year old phone, slap their name on it and call it new. A la thunderbolt and x2
    It's probably the epic slider
    07-16-2011 01:19 PM
    I echo the epic slider, hopefully it would get a spec bump but who knows. Like the name though!
    07-16-2011 02:43 PM
    Could be the final SGSII name. Stratosphere is way sexier than Function.

Could be any number of things, really. But will be interesting to find out reguardless
    07-16-2011 03:08 PM
    The name is cheesy enough to belong to that Sammy slider. Carriers sure do have a knack for giving their phones ridiculous names.
    07-16-2011 04:31 PM
    I think carriers are just running out of names.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk
    colbysbb likes this.
    07-16-2011 04:57 PM
    Is this the leaked Lte slider from sammy?
    07-17-2011 01:17 AM
    The phone is listed as being 4G. The only other 4G devices listed in VZW's database currently is the Charge, mobile hotspot, and tablets.

I'm thinking that this phone could be the SGSII under a different name - currently there's no other record of the "Function" or any trace of related SGSII model numbers, and again, no other 4G devices listed. The Bionic was loaded into the system back in February, even though it's been delayed, so with potential launches of the SGSII in August/Sept (and I stress "potential" - Samsung said a US launch was likely in August but never confirmed carrier or specifics) I am somewhat surprised that there isn't a listing for the Function.
    07-28-2011 10:24 AM
    The phone is listed as being 4G. The only other 4G devices listed in VZW's database currently is the Charge, mobile hotspot, and tablets.

I'm thinking that this phone could be the SGSII under a different name - currently there's no other record of the "Function" or any trace of related SGSII model numbers, and again, no other 4G devices listed. The Bionic was loaded into the system back in February, even though it's been delayed, so with potential launches of the SGSII in August/Sept (and I stress "potential" - Samsung said a US launch was likely in August but never confirmed carrier or specifics) I am somewhat surprised that there isn't a listing for the Function.
    Stratosphere IS a more "grand" sounding name than function. I hope you're right as it's definetly a name that fits a high end device like galaxy s ii
    07-28-2011 11:06 PM

Lol

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk
    07-29-2011 12:17 AM
    Any new news on the leaked sammy lte slider for verizon?
    07-30-2011 07:36 PM
    Stratosphere is you know the second layer of the earth's atmosphere wial its not a galaxy its still pretty spacey so this phone could be a Samsung release before the Galxy S2's
    08-01-2011 06:06 PM
    A bit ignorant to say those are the same phone. Thunderbolt had next gen proc, newer screen, more memory, etc.
    08-01-2011 07:44 PM
    Ugh I hope this is the GSII and NOT that hideous looking slider.
    08-02-2011 04:16 PM
    A bit ignorant to say those are the same phone. Thunderbolt had next gen proc, newer screen, more memory, etc.
    Yea ok. You TB owners keep telling yourself that. verizon's a day late on all their phones. Sorry more like a year late. Evo before TB. Epic before whatever slider it is. Photon before bionic. But hey verizon beat sprint to the iphone! Congrats!
    08-02-2011 05:13 PM
    yea ok. You tb owners keep telling yourself that. Verizon's a day late on all their phones. Sorry more like a year late. Evo before tb. Epic before whatever slider it is. Photon before bionic. But hey verizon beat sprint to the iphone! Congrats!
    lmao! Damn right!
    08-02-2011 05:43 PM
    We can't decide about the features and outlook of the device until we received the Gadget. From the news I've came to know that it probably won't launch in August.
    08-03-2011 05:35 AM

next new device!

the Samsung Whatchacallit
    08-03-2011 06:55 PM
    The new Samalangadingdong!

I agree, the folks in Marketing need to get a little more imaginative. Either that, or it's a case of executive managers choosing the names (and shoving them the line down as writ).
    08-04-2011 08:38 AM
    The new Samalangadingdong!

I agree, the folks in Marketing need to get a little more imaginative. Either that, or it's a case of executive managers choosing the names (and shoving them the line down as writ).
    I think i would get that phone just to say that name everytime someone asked me lol.
    08-04-2011 10:10 AM
    Yea ok. You TB owners keep telling yourself that. verizon's a day late on all their phones. Sorry more like a year late. Evo before TB. Epic before whatever slider it is. Photon before bionic. But hey verizon beat sprint to the iphone! Congrats!
    Don't forget LTE vs.4g. Oh wait that means a better phone on the V. my bad.
    08-25-2011 01:32 PM
33 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD