Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    Android Central Editor in Chief

Global Posts
    3,970 Global Posts

Default Samsung Stratosphere

Another possible new name for a Verizon smartphone.

Default Re: Samsung Stratosphere

The name is good. It could be the name for the Samsung/Verizon slider we saw a month ago.

ROM
    Just Rooted, stock Rom

Quote Originally Posted by droid1294 View Post
    The name is good. It could be the name for the Samsung/Verizon slider we saw a month ago.
    Do you mean the Epic4g for Verizon? If so then it could be the Epic2 . I wouldn't think they would want a year old phone. That would be cool. Still keeping the physical keyboard alive lol
    LegendarySoul likes this.

ROM
    Stock

Samsung has some weird names....
    Devices Past to Present
    • Blackberry Bold 9000
    • HTC Aria
    • Samsung Captivate
    • Google Nexus S
    • Moto Xoom

Quote Originally Posted by sndplace View Post
    Do you mean the Epic4g for Verizon? If so then it could be the Epic2 . I wouldn't think they would want a year old phone. That would be cool. Still keeping the physical keyboard alive lol
    That's precisely what Verizon does. Take a year old phone, slap their name on it and call it new. A la thunderbolt and x2

Quote Originally Posted by unvme9180 View Post
    That's precisely what Verizon does. Take a year old phone, slap their name on it and call it new. A la thunderbolt and x2
    It's probably the epic slider

I echo the epic slider, hopefully it would get a spec bump but who knows. Like the name though!

ROM
    Stock

Could be the final SGSII name. Stratosphere is way sexier than Function.

Could be any number of things, really. But will be interesting to find out reguardless

Global Posts
    1,381 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock/CM

The name is cheesy enough to belong to that Sammy slider. Carriers sure do have a knack for giving their phones ridiculous names.

ROM
    Stock

I think carriers are just running out of names.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk
    Devices Past to Present
    • Blackberry Bold 9000
    • HTC Aria
    • Samsung Captivate
    • Google Nexus S
    • Moto Xoom
    colbysbb likes this.

Is this the leaked Lte slider from sammy?
    Jux

ROM
    CM7/MIUI/whatever I fancy

Quote Originally Posted by sndplace View Post
    The phone is listed as being 4G. The only other 4G devices listed in VZW's database currently is the Charge, mobile hotspot, and tablets.

I'm thinking that this phone could be the SGSII under a different name - currently there's no other record of the "Function" or any trace of related SGSII model numbers, and again, no other 4G devices listed. The Bionic was loaded into the system back in February, even though it's been delayed, so with potential launches of the SGSII in August/Sept (and I stress "potential" - Samsung said a US launch was likely in August but never confirmed carrier or specifics) I am somewhat surprised that there isn't a listing for the Function.
    Last edited by Jux; 07-28-2011 at 10:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jux View Post
    The phone is listed as being 4G. The only other 4G devices listed in VZW's database currently is the Charge, mobile hotspot, and tablets.

I'm thinking that this phone could be the SGSII under a different name - currently there's no other record of the "Function" or any trace of related SGSII model numbers, and again, no other 4G devices listed. The Bionic was loaded into the system back in February, even though it's been delayed, so with potential launches of the SGSII in August/Sept (and I stress "potential" - Samsung said a US launch was likely in August but never confirmed carrier or specifics) I am somewhat surprised that there isn't a listing for the Function.
    Stratosphere IS a more "grand" sounding name than function. I hope you're right as it's definetly a name that fits a high end device like galaxy s ii

Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM7 Nightlies, incredik

Quote Originally Posted by Jalarm View Post

Lol

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk
    Banned

Global Posts
    1,373 Global Posts

Any new news on the leaked sammy lte slider for verizon?

Stratosphere is you know the second layer of the earth's atmosphere wial its not a galaxy its still pretty spacey so this phone could be a Samsung release before the Galxy S2's

Global Posts
    1,325 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM 10 KANG

A bit ignorant to say those are the same phone. Thunderbolt had next gen proc, newer screen, more memory, etc.

Ugh I hope this is the GSII and NOT that hideous looking slider.

Quote Originally Posted by htowngtr View Post
    A bit ignorant to say those are the same phone. Thunderbolt had next gen proc, newer screen, more memory, etc.
    Yea ok. You TB owners keep telling yourself that. verizon's a day late on all their phones. Sorry more like a year late. Evo before TB. Epic before whatever slider it is. Photon before bionic. But hey verizon beat sprint to the iphone! Congrats!

Global Posts
    18 Global Posts

yea ok. You tb owners keep telling yourself that. Verizon's a day late on all their phones. Sorry more like a year late. Evo before tb. Epic before whatever slider it is. Photon before bionic. But hey verizon beat sprint to the iphone! Congrats!
    lmao! Damn right!

We can't decide about the features and outlook of the device until we received the Gadget. From the news I've came to know that it probably won't launch in August.

ROM
    Buisiness GingerSense 3.0

Quote Originally Posted by Jalarm View Post

next new device!

the Samsung Whatchacallit

ROM

The new Samalangadingdong!

I agree, the folks in Marketing need to get a little more imaginative. Either that, or it's a case of executive managers choosing the names (and shoving them the line down as writ).
    Banned

Global Posts
    1,373 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by JoeUserTX View Post
    The new Samalangadingdong!

I agree, the folks in Marketing need to get a little more imaginative. Either that, or it's a case of executive managers choosing the names (and shoving them the line down as writ).
    I think i would get that phone just to say that name everytime someone asked me lol.
    Remain Calm!

ROM
    JB, JB, HC, ICS, JB

Yea ok. You TB owners keep telling yourself that. verizon's a day late on all their phones. Sorry more like a year late. Evo before TB. Epic before whatever slider it is. Photon before bionic. But hey verizon beat sprint to the iphone! Congrats!
    Don't forget LTE vs.4g. Oh wait that means a better phone on the V. my bad.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast