Samsung Stratosphere

sndplace

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
The name is good. It could be the name for the Samsung/Verizon slider we saw a month ago.

Do you mean the Epic4g for Verizon? If so then it could be the Epic2 . I wouldn't think they would want a year old phone. That would be cool. Still keeping the physical keyboard alive lol

RBrown9180

May 16, 2010
Visit site
Do you mean the Epic4g for Verizon? If so then it could be the Epic2 . I wouldn't think they would want a year old phone. That would be cool. Still keeping the physical keyboard alive lol

That's precisely what Verizon does. Take a year old phone, slap their name on it and call it new. A la thunderbolt and x2

TheDave

Jul 15, 2011
Visit site
Could be the final SGSII name. Stratosphere is way sexier than Function.

Could be any number of things, really. But will be interesting to find out reguardless

Jux

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site

The phone is listed as being 4G. The only other 4G devices listed in VZW's database currently is the Charge, mobile hotspot, and tablets.

I'm thinking that this phone could be the SGSII under a different name - currently there's no other record of the "Function" or any trace of related SGSII model numbers, and again, no other 4G devices listed. The Bionic was loaded into the system back in February, even though it's been delayed, so with potential launches of the SGSII in August/Sept (and I stress "potential" - Samsung said a US launch was likely in August but never confirmed carrier or specifics) I am somewhat surprised that there isn't a listing for the Function.

Last edited:

rickhamilton620

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
The phone is listed as being 4G. The only other 4G devices listed in VZW's database currently is the Charge, mobile hotspot, and tablets.

I'm thinking that this phone could be the SGSII under a different name - currently there's no other record of the "Function" or any trace of related SGSII model numbers, and again, no other 4G devices listed. The Bionic was loaded into the system back in February, even though it's been delayed, so with potential launches of the SGSII in August/Sept (and I stress "potential" - Samsung said a US launch was likely in August but never confirmed carrier or specifics) I am somewhat surprised that there isn't a listing for the Function.

Stratosphere IS a more "grand" sounding name than function. I hope you're right as it's definetly a name that fits a high end device like galaxy s ii

LilBompie17

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
Stratosphere is you know the second layer of the earth's atmosphere wial its not a galaxy its still pretty spacey so this phone could be a Samsung release before the Galxy S2's

RBrown9180

May 16, 2010
Visit site
A bit ignorant to say those are the same phone. Thunderbolt had next gen proc, newer screen, more memory, etc.

Yea ok. You TB owners keep telling yourself that. verizon's a day late on all their phones. Sorry more like a year late. Evo before TB. Epic before whatever slider it is. Photon before bionic. But hey verizon beat sprint to the iphone! Congrats!

GioTech

Feb 25, 2010
Visit site
yea ok. You tb owners keep telling yourself that. Verizon's a day late on all their phones. Sorry more like a year late. Evo before tb. Epic before whatever slider it is. Photon before bionic. But hey verizon beat sprint to the iphone! Congrats!

lmao! Damn right!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12