Sprint Samsung Gahudi

grayfox99

Jul 30, 2010
Visit site
It's going to be super amoled plus. Sorry about your luck.

Just because it's SAMOLED+ doesn't mean it cant have the same resolution of a Qhd screen, I doubt Samsung is strictly limited to producing SAMOLED+ screens at only the 800x480 res. Rumor has it that the next Nexus phone will have SAMOLED+ and a 720p resolution (1280?720).

Officerpolabear

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
Just because it's SAMOLED+ doesn't mean it cant have the same resolution of a Qhd screen, I doubt Samsung is strictly limited to producing SAMOLED+ screens at only the 800x480 res. Rumor has it that the next Nexus phone will have SAMOLED+ and a 720p resolution (1280?720).

It actually is physically impossible to make a qhd super amoled + screen. The reason why its limited from the resolution getting higher is because of the method of how they make the screens. But they will be able to achieve higher resolutions in a couple years.

green2u

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
Months ago, Samsung was having a demo of several of their smartphones including the Infuse at our local mall. I, too, thought that 4.5 inches would be enormous. But this thing is so that the phone does not seem that large! It could easily fit into a pocket. And the screen clarity was unreal. I said to the Samsung employee "if only it would come to Sprint." He said "Oh it will."

E_man

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
if it has a qHD screen I'm sold...if it has a 800 x 480 no thanks

SAMOLED+ seems to still beat the pants off of qHD LCD. Especially the crap LCD's that they've been putting that res on.

It actually is physically impossible to make a qhd super amoled + screen. The reason why its limited from the resolution getting higher is because of the method of how they make the screens. But they will be able to achieve higher resolutions in a couple years.

Oh really? I hope you have credentials...

I'm not saying the other poster is right that it will have 720p SAMOLED+, I don't think it will either. However, you need to back yourself up when you start throwing around terms like physically impossible. I bet it is, just cost prohibitive at this point.

DocWllk

Jul 5, 2010
Visit site
I would like to have the option of a 4.5 inch screen on Sprint. Especially since ATT&T and soon Verizon (if the Bionic is 4.5) have it.

dkotoric

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
Well I hope this is the Galaxy S2 but with a 4.5 inch screen, if that happens, I will cry. I always wanted a little bigger screen then the evo. Anyway this would make allot of sense since sprint will have two major phones with a 4.3 inch screen already so it would be one way to differentiate it.

Officerpolabear

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
SAMOLED+ seems to still beat the pants off of qHD LCD. Especially the crap LCD's that they've been putting that res on.

Oh really? I hope you have credentials...

I'm not saying the other poster is right that it will have 720p SAMOLED+, I don't think it will either. However, you need to back yourself up when you start throwing around terms like physically impossible. I bet it is, just cost prohibitive at this point.

I have read in the forums here. Someone had a link in the nexus prime thread. We were discussing things about the screen.

Jalarm

Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
Months ago, Samsung was having a demo of several of their smartphones including the Infuse at our local mall. I, too, thought that 4.5 inches would be enormous. But this thing is so that the phone does not seem that large! It could easily fit into a pocket. And the screen clarity was unreal. I said to the Samsung employee "if only it would come to Sprint." He said "Oh it will."

it seems so pocketable because samsung makes their phones so light, which is why I do love their phones. They just always break.

majorhunadadun

May 28, 2010
Visit site
If this thing is the gs2 with a 4.5, I'll definitely consider getting it. It has to be dual core tho. I don't want some ****in single core, been to att already, piece a ****! Sorry!

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
4.5 inch screen might be too big for me. Upgrade is in September so I hope there is more information on it to make a decision.

sndplace

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
Unless they are changing the GSII for the US/Sprint, I don't think its the GSII with the 4.5inch screen. More then likely it will be the Infuse twin... It would be a great phone for Sprint and i would love the GSII to have 4.5inch screen. Maybe even though this might be a infuse-like phone it will be packing the tegra2 proc instead of the Sammy's exynos... They would want to save those babies for there flag ship.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463