Where is the Samsung Galaxy Player 4 or 5?

jpeskin

Jul 18, 2011
Visit site
In early 2011, it was widely reported that Samsung was bringing the iPod Touch competitor to the US: The Samsung Galaxy Player 4 and 5 (4 or 5" screen). Here's a sample article from Engadget.

I can't find any newer articles about this, nor can I find any place to buy the player online. I do recall reading an article about it launching in Korea. Does anyone know why this has not been brought to the US by now? Or when it might arrive?

Does anyone know of any other iPod Touch competitors?

Thanks

rsix

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
In early 2011, it was widely reported that Samsung was bringing the iPod Touch competitor to the US: The Samsung Galaxy Player 4 and 5 (4 or 5" screen). Here's a sample article from Engadget.

I can't find any newer articles about this, nor can I find any place to buy the player online. I do recall reading an article about it launching in Korea. Does anyone know why this has not been brought to the US by now? Or when it might arrive?

Does anyone know of any other iPod Touch competitors?

Thanks
By iPod touch competitor you're looking for an Android based mp3 player with Market connectivity and no cellular radio? Something maybe in the 3"-4" range?

I know Archos makes a few "Tablets" that are in the 3" range, with wifi only. But traditionally Archos devices don't have access to the Android market, so you'd have to side load all your apps.

The best thing I can think of is to buy a used Android phone and turn the radio off on it. It would work perfect as a iPod touch type device.

justinsaneeeee

Jan 4, 2010
Visit site
Samsung is going through a big law suite by Apple if you have not heard yet they are getting sued for copyright infridgment on the design of the ipod touch and the SGSP other devices are also in the mix like the SGS2 and there tablets. Some have been released like the Galaxy Tab 10.1 and SGS2 in other countrys but I believe it has to do with the law.