Looking to upgrade my Verizon Phone, Suggestions?

TheSuperman

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
Hi guys,

I have the Samsung Galaxy, and I'm looking for a new phone. I'm a heavy user (IT Guy), work mail, gmail, GPS, Web, use it fitness (GPS Tracking).

So, I'm looking for suggestions as far as what you guys think the fastest & most reliable Android phone is right now that Verizon carries?

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.

lpt2569

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
Hi guys,

I have the Samsung Galaxy, and I'm looking for a new phone. I'm a heavy user (IT Guy), work mail, gmail, GPS, Web, use it fitness (GPS Tracking).

So, I'm looking for suggestions as far as what you guys think the fastest & most reliable Android phone is right now that Verizon carries?

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.
If you can wait, you'll have better choices in a couple months...Bionic, Galaxy S II, etc. Right now, it would be one of these: the Droid Charge or Thunderbolt for 4G (if you have it in your area). If no 4G, get the INC2. But go mess around with each before you decide.

OhioG

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site
If you need the phone now:

1) Get a Thunderbolt
2) Root your thunderbolt
3) Load Droid Theory's latest ASOP Rom
4) ???????
5) Profit.

If not wait for the Nexus Phone.

EggoEspada

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
If you're willing to wait:

GSII -3G
HTC Vigor -4G

If you're not willing to wait:

HTC Incredible 2 - 3G
Droid Charge - 4G

Gratificulous

May 5, 2011
Visit site
Basically, like the others have said, depends on what "right now" means for you.

Tomorrow: Charge (4G), Incredible 2 (3G)
One Month: Galaxy S2, Bionic
Two Months: Vigor, Nexus Prime

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
Basically, like the others have said, depends on what "right now" means for you.

Tomorrow: Charge (4G), Incredible 2 (3G)
One Month: Galaxy S2, Bionic
Two Months: Vigor, Nexus Prime

This is a good list but I might add the Thunderbolt to the Tomorrow list. It has its issues so it just comes down to if you like MOTO over the Charge. I carry a Charge, battery life is better than the TB IMHO...

TheSuperman

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
Thanks guys, I may end up holding out, if I can. I think all the rooting had just killed my phone. I can no longer get text messages. I'm tired of screwing around with it, so I just use Google Voice exclusively now, and just get my txt messages that way. More features and flexibility anyway with GVoice.

oresteez

Apr 12, 2011
Visit site
what ROM are you using? I missed a lot of texts when I put Gingerbread on my Droid 1...
I will not go back to GB rom because I need to have 100% faith all my texts are coming through..

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hulkjr77