HTC Streamer

kevinr678

Aug 14, 2011
Visit site
The streamer's actually the successor to the Inspire 4G. It's a real 4G device with an LTE radio built in. I was actually talking to a AT&T CEO about this yesterday. I was looking into the Inspire, but I didn't want to buy a device that's soon to be out of commission, so I asked. I'm waiting for this so I can get the full Sense 3.0 UI, and possibly Ice cream sandwich firmware when it comes out which looks like sometime later this year to compete with the crappy IOS 5.

Jalarm

Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
The streamer's actually the successor to the Inspire 4G. It's a real 4G device with an LTE radio built in. I was actually talking to a AT&T CEO about this yesterday. I was looking into the Inspire, but I didn't want to buy a device that's soon to be out of commission, so I asked. I'm waiting for this so I can get the full Sense 3.0 UI, and possibly Ice cream sandwich firmware when it comes out which looks like sometime later this year to compete with the crappy IOS 5.

Inspire is the American version of the desire HD. It was the flagship device for HTC last year, its not going out of commission anytime soon.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

kevinr678

Aug 14, 2011
Visit site
Inspire is the American version of the desire HD. It was the flagship device for HTC last year, its not going out of commission anytime soon.

I know that it's the American version of the Desire, but you do realize that the Inspire is not getting the full Sense 3.0 UI, they're apparently getting a trimmed down version according to HTC: HTC Sense 3.0 will only support Sensation, EVO 3D, Flyer and newer devices; older hardware left behind -- Engadget

The Inspire is going to drop updates to newer Android firmwares as well. Yeah they'll get Gingerbread and updates for it, but they won't get Ice cream sandwich. These things coupled together scream loss of support and ultimately the drop of a device to me. Hence why I didn't buy the Inspire recently.

Jalarm

Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
I know that it's the American version of the Desire, but you do realize that the Inspire is not getting the full Sense 3.0 UI, they're apparently getting a trimmed down version according to HTC: HTC Sense 3.0 will only support Sensation, EVO 3D, Flyer and newer devices; older hardware left behind -- Engadget

The Inspire is going to drop updates to newer Android firmwares as well. Yeah they'll get Gingerbread and updates for it, but they won't get Ice cream sandwich. These things coupled together scream loss of support and ultimately the drop of a device to me. Hence why I didn't buy the Inspire recently.

I see no reason it would not get ice cream sandwich. Google is developing it on a nexus s and the inspires hardware is actually better, more RAM and the second gen snapdragon inside is if not better than equal to the humming bird.

kevinr678

Aug 14, 2011
Visit site
I see no reason it would not get ice cream sandwich. Google is developing it on a nexus s and the inspires hardware is actually better, more RAM and the second gen snapdragon inside is if not better than equal to the humming bird.

I don't either to be honest. Google's been weird lately with their claims on newer OS's and HTC's been a little odd in saying that the Inspire and older devices can't handle the full Sense 3.0 considering there are roms out there with 3.0 for the Inspire that run like a god. I mean, I really hope they do, I want people with the Inspire and older devices to get these updates because to not is ridiculous considering the Inspire is only about 8 months or so old. I love the Inspire and I want one, but I'm gonna hold out for the Streamer just to be on the safe side.

I Monarch

Apr 18, 2011
Visit site
You guys are your crazy stated-as-fact rumors. The HTC "Streamer" is most likely a tiny little device that HTC demoed at their Inspire 4G Roadshow that connects to your device and streams video to your TV. Nothing more.

Just got the message that it's "delayed until September."

kevinr678

Aug 14, 2011
Visit site
You guys are your crazy stated-as-fact rumors. The HTC "Streamer" is most likely a tiny little device that HTC demoed at their Inspire 4G Roadshow that connects to your device and streams video to your TV. Nothing more.

Just got the message that it's "delayed until September."
AT&T CEO told me the Streamer's a 4G device, true LTE. It's a new phone. A powerhouse. Just sayin.

McPlot

May 25, 2010
Visit site
How come whenever I see the name I think HTC Steamer? Like what my dog leaves in the snow.

I love HTC and have had their phones before the made them under their own name. this is not a bash on HTC. Just my dyslexia kicking in.

Savvyray

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
bump for this. Anything new? As more leaked shots of the Holiday prototype show up I am not so sure I am as in love with it as once before.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty