Should I get the Galaxy S II or wait for the Nexus Prime

FreakyLocz14

Jul 10, 2011
Visit site
I'm on T-Mobile and have the Galaxy S 4G and I love this phone and it's UI. I'm one of the few users that loves TouchWiz. Also, the Super AMOLED display is to die for, and the Plus display will only make things better.

However, idk if the Nexus Prime will be any better.

Gipan

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
Wait for the prime. I have a mytouch slide that I've had since it launched. Why get the gsII when something much better is right around the corner. They'll probably launch at the same time. Or within a month of each other.

EggoEspada

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
Well as far as I can tell the Nexus Prime should hit T-Mobile for sure, so it might be worth the wait for that as opposed to the GSII.

Sent from my ADR6400L

nemov

Mar 7, 2010
Visit site
Well as far as I can tell the Nexus Prime should hit T-Mobile for sure, so it might be worth the wait for that as opposed to the GSII.

Sent from my ADR6400L

Based on what? With the GS2 coming to T-Mobile it might be a long wait (if it even comes).

FreakyLocz14

Jul 10, 2011
Visit site
Well, the Nexus S came out about 11 months after the Nexus One. If the length stays the same, perhaps a November release?

I'd need for there to be something special about the Prime that the S II doesn't have to justify waiting longer than the end of October to upgrade. I say that because the Nexus S was a letdown, which is why I went with the Galaxy S 4G instead.

sndplace

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
@Gipan.. Theres is always something coming better around the corner.....

To the OP Your happy with what you have now right? And its working with no problems for you right?
So If you love Touchwiz and your phone then wait it out see what happens. The GSII just jumped out and said for to get it. My Epic did that last year and the E4GT got me this year. If this phones not grabbing you like that then maybe its not the phone for you. Wait for the Nex3 comes out then check both out then decide...

Did Tmo announce there date yet? this just a bias choice but I say don't wait for months for a phone you can have now.

FreakyLocz14

Jul 10, 2011
Visit site
@Gipan.. Theres is always something coming better around the corner.....

To the OP Your happy with what you have now right? And its working with no problems for you right?
So If you love Touchwiz and your phone then wait it out see what happens. The GSII just jumped out and said for to get it. My Epic did that last year and the E4GT got me this year. If this phones not grabbing you like that then maybe its not the phone for you. Wait for the Nex3 comes out then check both out then decide...

Did Tmo announce there date yet? this just a bias choice but I say don't wait for months for a phone you can have now.

September 21, October 15, October 26... what I've been gathering that it will be by the end of October the latest. Maybe if more information on the Prime is released before the S II is released, or if it comes out within the 30 day return window and something about it grabs me, I'll get it. I'm still planning on getting the S II, but I'm also trying to keep an open mind on the possibility of getting the Prime instead.

Rominucka

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
Wait for the Prime just to be sure it's not too amazing. If it's not too amazing get the GS2 because that has already proven to be amazing. And if you love TW now, you're gonna REALLY love TW on the GS2.

You're in a win-win situation my friend.

Sent from my Samsung Droid Charge 4G-LTE

FreakyLocz14

Jul 10, 2011
Visit site
Wait for the Prime just to be sure it's not too amazing. If it's not too amazing get the GS2 because that has already proven to be amazing. And if you love TW now, you're gonna REALLY love TW on the GS2.

You're in a win-win situation my friend.

Sent from my Samsung Droid Charge 4G-LTE

If the Prime is being released for VZW, that rules that out for me. I hope some more info is leaked between now and the GS2 release.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andrewsmith