New iPhone specs?

TJH132

May 5, 2010
Visit site
What hardware feature could the new iphone have that an Android phone doesn't already have, or has had for several months?

Curious here.

TJH

Major

Apr 19, 2011
Visit site
There's only one feature that matters to iPhone users: being an Apple product.

Other than that, I guess a Retina Display is still tops.

Major

Apr 19, 2011
Visit site
There's only one feature that matters to iPhone users: being an Apple product.

Other than that, I guess a Retina Display is still tops.

EggoEspada

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
Honestly can't think of anything past the already stated display display. There seems to be a lot of changes in the new iPhone rumored, but most specs/features are already on Android. I mean, the camera might best the competition and design, but not really features I suppose.

TJH132

May 5, 2010
Visit site
I'd like to see something similar on Android. Although, the video of the Samsung Galaxy S II looked incredibly slick, UI-wise.

TJH

rrhartjr

Jul 22, 2011
Visit site
I'd like to see something similar on Android. Although, the video of the Samsung Galaxy S II looked incredibly slick, UI-wise.

TJH

Samsung makes heavy use of the GPU for UI acceleration.. its one of the reasons their phones seem a lot slicker than others. The Anandtech review of the SGS2 is a really good place to read about Samsung's integration with the GPU and the Mail400 specifically.

AnandTech - Samsung Galaxy S 2 (International) Review - The Best, Redefined

It's a long read, but you'll come out the other side smarter for it..

MagicFan1

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
If the new iphone 4s or 5, whatever it's call has the same internals as the ipad2 then we are looking at the gpu, the PowerVR's SGX543 MP2. We see that TI's uses PowerVR's gpu in most if not all in their android products. I'd have to admit the sgx543mp2 is quite powerful. The recently release of the Droid Bionic is powered by SGX540.

yankdez

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
i actually think the ip5 will have 4g. i know jobs said a few months back that the technology isn't ready yet, but i can't imagine a 3g-only ip5 remaining competitive for another year until the ip6 comes out.

whiteshadow001

Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
i actually think the ip5 will have 4g. i know jobs said a few months back that the technology isn't ready yet, but i can't imagine a 3g-only ip5 remaining competitive for another year until the ip6 comes out.

It's Apple that's all I'm sayin

Sent from my Thunderbolt using tapatalk

yankdez

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
Yes apple usually is one for "amazing" their audience with a product release. i wont be amazed unless the ip5 gets 2 days of battery life with 4g constantly on.

RoninX

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
What do you want to bet that the iPhone 5 will emphasize voice recognition, and reporters will fall over themselves declaring it to be "amazing" and "magical" and "revolutionary", despite Android phones having the same capability for (literally) years?

whiteshadow001

Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
It's pathetic how many ideas apple has stolen. I'm watching the live blog and it makes me sick. They don't innovate now, they jack other companies ideas

Sent from my Thunderbolt using tapatalk

Puzzlegal

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
It is slick and cool and I bet everything is well-integrated. I expect that customers who buy it will by and large be happy with their purchase.

ultrafan123

Oct 12, 2011
Visit site
as for the iphones, i think updates are getting way out of hand. cases from the 4 wont even fit the 4s because they are different, but only by the smallest bit. android all the way

we dont need your stinkin cases ;)