Samsung Unveils Flexible Android Smartphone?

vulcan001

Member?
Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
So i was going through Android Authority news & wierd thing comes up a flexible samsung android phone? I couldnt really believe it & the specs on it is unbelievable its specs top out to a regular android phone. What are your guys thoughts on this one? Im thinking this phone will be an easier phone to break.

Specs of the Samsung Skin: Flexible 4″ AMOLED display (800?480) made of plastic polyimide substrate, 1 GB RAM; 1.2 GHz processor; 8 MP rear camera and VGA front camera with auto focus, self-portrait, stop motion, action shot, and Panorama shots; and 1500 mAh battery. Connectivity-wise, it has Bluetooth 3.0, USB 2.0, and Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n features. It will reportedly run on Android Jellybean (the next Google OS version after Ice Cream Sandwich), but there are speculations that Google will make a special version for it, namely Android Flexy.

samsung-galaxy-skin-5-600x489.jpg

Link to article:
Samsung Unveils Flexible Android Smartphone

vulcan001

Member?
Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
Yeah it shouldn't but what about when that time comes how far will cell Boone technology be? I'd rather have more on my phone than the specs that one has.

Officerpolabear

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
That 'Android Flexy' it might have could be a variant of Froyo ;) just kidding but this will be a seriously cool phone and it will surely bring something new to the table.

E_man

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
Yeah screens can be flexible but internals are not. A flexible cpu / chip....... not yet.

Doesn't have to be. You can make it so that the device only bends in certain spots. Say, bend in half. Put all the unflexible things in the unflexible places.