Should I wait...?

sooby77

Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
Hello all,

I recently purchased the Galaxy S2 (Intl version) and got a defective one. It was rebooting randomly and would freeze for no reason in normal operations. This is even with no additional software installed. I've managed to set up and RMA for a full refund. So now, I'm back to my ATT Pre Plus.

With the Prime to be announced next week, should I wait to see if an unlocked GSM version be available and go for it? How long do you think it'll take before the GSM version will be available? I am truly impressed with the Galaxy S2. But if I'm spending upwards $500 for a device, I might as well get the latest if possible. I have a feeling that there might be a brief exclusive period with Verizon. What was the availability of the prior Nexus devices like in the past? Thanks for your thoughts. :D

TheDave

Jul 15, 2011
Visit site
I would wait a week for news on a GSM version of the Prime. Would not be surprised at all for a international version right away, with Verizon's.

Also, SGSII on ATT for 200 bucks? No one would blame you, and I doubt you would be kicking yourself....hard, anyway.

sooby77

Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
I would wait a week for news on a GSM version of the Prime. Would not be surprised at all for a international version right away, with Verizon's.

Also, SGSII on ATT for 200 bucks? No one would blame you, and I doubt you would be kicking yourself....hard, anyway.

My unlocked SGS2 was really badly defective. It would even randomly reboot as it is sitting on the table doing nothing. Regardless, I was lucky to get to play with it for a bit. I do like it very much, especially without ATT's bloatware. But now the Prime is being revealed next week had me waiting to see what it's going to be, and whether it will be available with ATT band unlocked. I have a feeling the unlocked version is going to be extremely expensive.

blopez24

Jul 22, 2010
Visit site

Im on the same boat as you. Part of me wants the sgII or waiting for the Htc holiday im on AT&T but now im also considering the prime if it hits att. Although the Htc is supposed to be lte.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk