Slider War 2: Captivate Glide vs Droid Maserati vs Dell Hancock

RoninX

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
Now that I've decided that neither the Droid 3 nor the Stratosphere are exactly what I'm looking for, I'm moving on to consider the next wave of high-end sliders, including the Samsung Captivate Glide, the Motorola Droid Maserati (possibly Droid 4), and the Dell Hancock.

Here's how they line up:

Samsung Captivate Glide

• AT&T HSPA+ 21 Mbps
  • Android 2.3 (Gingerbread)
  • Dual-core 1GHz Nvidia Tegra 2 AP20H processor
  • 1 GB RAM
  • 8 GB internal flash memory
  • MicroSD card to 32GB (not included)
  • 4-inch 480x800 WVGA Super AMOLED
  • 8 MP autofocus rear camera with LED flash
  • 1.3 MP front camera
  • Release date: Q4 2011 (confirmed)

Droid Maserati (possibly Droid 4)

Specs inferred from the RAZR.

• Verizon LTE
  • Android 2.3.5 (Gingerbread)
  • Dual-core 1.2GHz TI OMAP 4430 processor
  • 1 GB RAM
  • 11.5 GB user available internal flash memory
  • 16 GB microSD card preinstalled (32 GB max)
  • 4.3-inch 540x960 qHD Super AMOLED Advanced display
  • 8 MP rear camera with LED flash
  • 1.3 MP front camera
  • Release date: Q4 2011-Q1 2012 (rumored)

Dell Hancock

• Unknown carrier(s)
  • Android 4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich)
  • Dual-core processor
  • 4-inch 540x960 qHD display
  • 8 MP rear camera
  • 1.3 MP front camera
  • Release date: Q4 2011 (rumored)

Any other physical keyboard fans debating between these upcoming phones?

nerdydesi

Apr 1, 2011
Visit site
Re: Slider War 2: Captivate Glide vs Droid Maserati vs Dell Hanco

Since I am on Verizon, it seems the Droid 4 is my only option. I wish the Samsung Glide was on Verizon. I have a liking towards Samsung, especially their attitude towards bootloaders and the like on their phones, especially when you compare their policies against Motorola's.

jr_enver

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site

Been waiting for 2 years for a new high end slider.....
depending on what gets released in the UK, am looking at the Samsung,
to be frank not heard of the other 2.
Samsung Captivate Glide if it ever gets to the UK, otherwise may have to stick to my TP2.:'(

akhi216

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
Since I am on Verizon, it seems the Droid 4 is my only option. I wish the Samsung Glide was on Verizon. I have a liking towards Samsung, especially their attitude towards bootloaders and the like on their phones, especially when you compare their policies against Motorola's.

Motorola has revised it's bootloader policies. The problem is that Verizon is insistent on having them lock down the bootloaders on their devices.

If you're interested in the Droid 4 you should check out the thread on Howard Forums here:

http://www.howardforums.com/showthr...Droid-4-quot-Maserati-quot-Pre-Release-Thread

There are two people there with a history of giving details of devices prior to launch who've actually played with the device.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk

akhi216

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
My sights are set on getting the Droid Maserati. I have an 4G LTE MiFi/Hotspot line and I'm eager to swap the 4G sim card into a 4G phone to use the data, hence having the desire to having an Android iPod Touch-like device with a keyboard and data since there are no other handheld devices that meet this criteria. The Droid Maserati fits my needs perfectly.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk

RoninX

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site

One interesting tidbit from the Howard Forums thread is that the Maserati will have a removable battery.

This addresses the one concern I had about the RAZR, and puts the Maserati at the top of my current list. Though I'll certainly take a look at the Captivate Glide and the Hancock (if we ever see it).

nerdydesi

Apr 1, 2011
Visit site

One interesting tidbit from the Howard Forums thread is that the Maserati will have a removable battery.

This addresses the one concern I had about the RAZR, and puts the Maserati at the top of my current list. Though I'll certainly take a look at the Captivate Glide and the Hancock (if we ever see it).

Unfortunately, the latest leaks are saying the Droid 4 will have a NON-removable battery, like the Droid RAZR. ARGH! :mad:

RoninX

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site

I can live with the non-removable battery as long as the battery is sufficient to last through a single day of moderate-to-heavy use. I don't mind plugging in the phone every night, but it would be a pain to have to recharge it during the day.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RemusGhostofRome