Verizon: Simultaneous voice and 3G data?

StuartV

Allergic to Stupid
Jul 29, 2010
Visit site
When the Thunderbolt came out, it was the only phone ever on Verizon that could do simultaneous voice and 3G data.

Are there any other phones now, either already out or announced (e.g. Nexus or RAZR), that can do this (on Verizon)?

Being able to use my phone as a mobile hotspot and talk (via HF) while I'm driving, without interrupting my g/f or passengers who are using it to surf/work, has become a must-have feature to me, now that I've had it for months and gotten used to it. But I would sure would like to switch to a phone with better battery life, if I could.

akhi216

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
Currently no other phone on VZW has SVDO. However the soon to be released HTC Rezound is supposed to have SVDO.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

StuartV

Allergic to Stupid
Jul 29, 2010
Visit site
Really?! No way!

So anyway, back to my question about any phones that can do simultaneous voice and 3G... I'm looking forward to details on the Rezound when it comes out. Any other possibilities?

Mr Bigs

Sep 12, 2010
Visit site
Really?! No way! !!

So anyway, back to my question about any phones that can do simultaneous voice and 3G... I'm looking forward to details on the Rezound when it comes out. Any other possibilities?
I was just helping out smartass. I guess now you know where you can go.

akhi216

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
Cool. Thanks!

Don't mention it. If it helps, the HTC Rezound was initially called the HTC Thunderbolt 2. It was later changed due probably to desire to avoid the bad rep with the OG Thunderbolt's battery life troubles. The HTC Rezound should get at least 2-3 hours more battery life than it's predecessor with it's dual-core processor. When the Rezound get ICS, it should get 3-4 hours more battery life as ICS will utilize the dual-core processor more efficiently than Gingerbread and Froyo.

VideoEngineerAJS

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
Also the Rezound will have the Galaxy Nexus and the Droid RAZR outspecced.

OMAP 4 (Razr, Galaxy Nexus) > S3 (Rezound)

That's not to say the Rezound will be a bad phone, but the only thing it has over the Razr is the HD screen and it has nothing over the Galaxy Nexus.

Last edited:

akhi216

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
OMAP 4 (Razr, Galaxy Nexus) > S3 (Rezound)

That's not to say the Rezound will be a bad phone, but the only thing it has over the Razr is the HD screen and it has nothing over the Galaxy Nexus.

Well the Galaxy Nexus has a OMAP4 4460 processor that's based on Cortex A9 design and the Rezound has a S3 Snapdragon processor that has a Cortex-A8-like design; this technically makes the Galaxy Nexus have the higher spec in that regard, but they break even when it's taken into account that the Galaxy Nexus' processor is clocked at 1.2 GHz and the Rezound's processor is clocked at 1.5 GHz. The Rezound has an Adreno 220 GPU, which is superior to the Galaxy Nexus' GPU. The Galaxy Nexus will have 316 pixels per inch which will be somewhat neutered to around 300 pixels per inch due to the use of Pentile display, and the Rezound will have an unneutered 342 pixels per inch, beating the iPhone 4/4S's Retina Display at it's own game while adding an HD resolution. The Rezound can do simultaneous CDMA voice and data, the Galaxy Nexus cannot do simultaneous CDMA voice and data. The Galaxy Nexus can hold 32 GB or storage, and the Rezound can hold up to 48 GB of storage. The Galaxy Nexus lacks an SD card slot, and the Rezound doesn't lack and SD card slot

On a side note it may not seem like the lack of an SD card slot is an issue at first glance, but when you consider things like this...

-iPhone 4S (16 GB): $199.99
-iPhone 4S (32 GB): $299.99

-Droid 3 (16 GB): $199.99
-16 GB Micro SDHC: $16.99

...you start to have second thoughts.

Last edited:

akhi216

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
The Droid RAZR, the Galaxy Nexus, and the HTC Rezound will all be great phones. It just comes down to a matter of preference, since each one has something that makes it stand out from the rest.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
szcad