When do you think THIS phone will appear?

RWFarley

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
I've been waiting for this phone for over a year. Any hopes for me?
-----------------------------------------------------
QWERTY (4 or 5 row)
WXGA (1280x800) Multitouch
OMAP4/Snapdragon S3 or better
1 GB RAM
Removable Battery
> 2GB On Board
uSD (32GB)
6 d.f. Accel/Gyro
Compass
12 MPix Camera
Quadband GSM
Pentaband UMTS
b/g/n WiFi
BlueTooth 4.0 With A2DP
NFC
DLNA
UPnP
uUSB 3 (OTG) + HDMI
>4 Home Screens

How close are we now?

nerdydesi

Apr 1, 2011
Visit site
It sounds like you just described my perfect phone down to a T! I'm looking for a high-end LTE slider with at least a qHD screen that's also global-capable on Verizon.

brillrick

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
I've been waiting for this phone for over a year. Any hopes for me?
QWERTY (4 or 5 row)
WXGA (1280x800) Multitouch
OMAP4/Snapdragon S3 or better
1 GB RAM
Removable Battery
> 2GB On Board
uSD (32GB)
6 d.f. Accel/Gyro
Compass
12 MPix Camera
Quadband GSM
Pentaband UMTS
b/g/n WiFi
BlueTooth 4.0 With A2DP
NFC
DLNA
UPnP
uUSB 3 (OTG) + HDMI
>4 Home Screens

How close are we now?

I am sure such a phone is being diagrammed out by companies. In fact, such devices could exist as prototypes. However there are 2 considerations. Size and Price. You have not specified the size of this phone. I'm sure the product you describe could be made, however right now it would be physically huge, that is a lot of tech to fit into one device. You are basically describing the specs of what would be a high end android tablet. Second, all that technology is incredibly expensive, it would take a lot time before you could get the price down a device that advanced to anywhere near $199 or 299 on contract.

droid1294

May 19, 2011
Visit site
16mp camera with dual xenon flash @90 fps@ 1080p, quad core omap, 1920 by 1280 screen super amoled hd advanced, android 5.0, 90 fps@ 1080, 5mp ff with flash with 60 fps1080p, 6mm thin, lte advanced on verizon, edge to edge screen, 2500 mah battery, 16gb sd card, nfc, contour display, and its the sexiest phone in the world

RWFarley

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
... However there are 2 considerations. Size and Price. You have not specified the size of this phone. ... Second, all that technology is incredibly expensive, it would take a lot time before you could get the price down a device that advanced to anywhere near $199 or 299 on contract.

A 4.5" bezel-less design would fit in my hand.

About 5 years ago I paid about $1,000 for my E90.

TvTechGuru

Nov 25, 2009
Visit site
Geez those are epic specs but you're talking about stuff that no current manufacturer nor OS will support at this time. I'd say look for a phone like that 5+ years from now.

E_man

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
I am sure such a phone is being diagrammed out by companies. In fact, such devices could exist as prototypes. However there are 2 considerations. Size and Price. You have not specified the size of this phone. I'm sure the product you describe could be made, however right now it would be physically huge, that is a lot of tech to fit into one device. You are basically describing the specs of what would be a high end android tablet. Second, all that technology is incredibly expensive, it would take a lot time before you could get the price down a device that advanced to anywhere near $199 or 299 on contract.

Geez those are epic specs but you're talking about stuff that no current manufacturer nor OS will support at this time. I'd say look for a phone like that 5+ years from now.

There's nothing about these specs that are all that outlandish. Look at devices like the Rezound or the Razr. Many of the specs are quite similiar. Just would need keyboard, different radios (probably the least likely part of this dream phone), and an upgraded camera. I would say MWC for a preview of something similiar. Possibly without keyboard, due to consumers buying phones without keyboards.

TvTechGuru

Nov 25, 2009
Visit site

I agree. As technology advances even quicker and we start talking about quad-core chips, more ram, more internal memory, better GPU's, better screens and radios, etc. we start talking a lot more money! Heck I'm surprised the providers can afford to offer us some of today's best phones for only $299 subsidized. I know we've already seen some cost list sheets for parts but I'd be curious to know how much it costs in parts to build the RAZR, Galaxy Nexus, Galaxy S2. I'm thinking that eventually they'll have to increase the 2 year contract phone prices from a max of $299. Heck we already are seeing more expensive phones, iPhone 4S is a perfect example. They have always cost more than an Android phone at release. Wasn't the original iPhone around $599 on contract back in 2007?

saraera

Nov 8, 2011
Visit site
wow, that sounds like a pretty amazing phone.
I am worried about the price though.. All the best smartphones out there are pretty pricey. Although something really nice would cost some money, I just hope they don't start raising prices even more on future smartphones..

whitecomet

Sep 3, 2011
Visit site
My wants and i think it will hold well for a good while

Tegra (Wayne) series

* Processor: quad- or octa-core ARM Cortex-A15 MPCore
* Improved 24 (for the quad-core) and 32 to 64 (for the octa-core) GPU cores with support for Directx 11+, OpenGL 4.X, OpenCL 1.X, and Physx
* 28 nm[24]
* About 10 times faster than Tegra 2
* To be released in 2012

Octa core at 1.5 ghz

4.7 samoled hd ++ screen

The shape of a new razr with less border due to bigger screen.
All the razr perks like nanocoating 7.1mm thin etc

2nd gen lte advanced radio with lte voice service.

Ability to slide into a socked and become a tablet like the transofmers asus but can also slide to a keyboad so it's like the phone is the brain.

This would be epic a phone tablet and laptop in one

pseudoelf

Apr 21, 2010
Visit site
I don't see why you expect the phones to jump in price do much. This generation's chip costs about as much as the previous generation did when it was new. Same thing with computers the high end computer hadn't changed much in price it us just where that high end lies. The thing working against us in terms of price is the number of phones each manufacturer is carrying. There isn't much time to recoup the costs if you have to make three versions of each phone and then you design and release replacements in 6 months

ddave55

Nov 8, 2011
Visit site
I don't see why you expect the phones to jump in price do much. This generation's chip costs about as much as the previous generation did when it was new. Same thing with computers the high end computer hadn't changed much in price it us just where that high end lies. The thing working against us in terms of price is the number of phones each manufacturer is carrying. There isn't much time to recoup the costs if you have to make three versions of each phone and then you design and release replacements in 6 months

true but if something is new and more improved, they're bound to raise prices and charge customers more.