HTC Zeta OMFG!!

LilBompie17

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
The leaked HTC Zeta seen by me here: HTC Zeta rendered, rumored to pack 2.5GHz quad-core CPU and Ice Cream Sandwich (update: concept) -- Engadget Is a Greek God (Greek word XD) in the specs department, but it's only a concept but just imagine a 2.5 GHz quad core phone (that's 10 GHZ) but it's only pushing out a 8mp cam? A gig of Ram? Maybe there pushing it a little in CPU clocking and keeping everything else last year (by the time this actually comes out those will be soooo last year lol) lets hear your thoughts on this crazy concept piece of lightning...:D

Blendercloud

Nov 15, 2011
Visit site
Re: HTC Zeta OMFG!!!!!

It's not really 10GHz. The 2.5GHz is divided by the number of cores. So each core runs at 625MHz when all four cores are active. If I remember correctly this is rumored to be a Tegra 3 chip, which means it will actually have a fifth core that runs at lower power levels and turns off the other four. NVidia explains it much better than I can, so check out the Tegra 3 press releases.

BoostHungry

Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
This is the [type of] phone I have been waiting for. I will probably get the first phone to rock these sort of specs. Not simply because it has a quad core 2.5 ghz cpu, I'm not one to screem "Zomg look at those numbers!!!1!1 That must be good!".

To address Blendercloud: firstly, quad core 2.5GHz does not mean each core runs at 625MHz, each core runs at a full 2.5GHz. And secondly, this is not the Tegra 3, the Tegra 3 is not capable of running at 2.5 GHz mainly because it's based on a 45nm technology.

The Zeta is rumored to be rocking the brand new SnapDragon APQ8064 which is based on a 28nm technology. This truely next generation chip will not only have LTE on-chip, it will also be paired with a next generation dual or quad core GPU for "4x the preformance".

As for the camera, 8MP tells us nothing. Until we know what sort of lens, back lighting, and overall quality of the sensor we won't have a clue how it stacks up. But please don't expect anything higher than 8MP in the next few months unless a company is skimping elsewhere just to appeal to marketers with a high 'megie-pixie count'.

I will admit though, it may be time for more RAM. 1GB is enough, specially the way Android handles memory management, but I do feel developers will be able to utilize phones with 1.5-2GB within the next year if they start developing apps/games that are capable of getting a 2.5GHz quad-core CPU to start sweeting.

All in all, I'm estatic to see phones making such a giant leap in hardware in such a short amount of time. I can't wait to rock this phone, or something like it. My only hope is that this phone doesn't become the next Droid Bionic which got delayed for 8 months after it's announcement in Q1 2011.

LilBompie17

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
This is the [type of] phone I have been waiting for. I will probably get the first phone to rock these sort of specs. Not simply because it has a quad core 2.5 ghz cpu, I'm not one to screem "Zomg look at those numbers!!!1!1 That must be good!".

To address Blendercloud: firstly, quad core 2.5GHz does not mean each core runs at 625MHz, each core runs at a full 2.5GHz. And secondly, this is not the Tegra 3, the Tegra 3 is not capable of running at 2.5 GHz mainly because it's based on a 45nm technology.

The Zeta is rumored to be rocking the brand new SnapDragon APQ8064 which is based on a 28nm technology. This truely next generation chip will not only have LTE on-chip, it will also be paired with a next generation dual or quad core GPU for "4x the preformance".

As for the camera, 8MP tells us nothing. Until we know what sort of lens, back lighting, and overall quality of the sensor we won't have a clue how it stacks up. But please don't expect anything higher than 8MP in the next few months unless a company is skimping elsewhere just to appeal to marketers with a high 'megie-pixie count'.

I will admit though, it may be time for more RAM. 1GB is enough, specially the way Android handles memory management, but I do feel developers will be able to utilize phones with 1.5-2GB within the next year if they start developing apps/games that are capable of getting a 2.5GHz quad-core CPU to start sweeting.

All in all, I'm estatic to see phones making such a giant leap in hardware in such a short amount of time. I can't wait to rock this phone, or something like it. My only hope is that this phone doesn't become the next Droid Bionic which got delayed for 8 months after it's announcement in Q1 2011.

This really is the type of phone to wait for your opinion explains alot I was so excited to write this thread that I forgot to mention the new Snapdragon and the camera mp thing is the same exact thing I tell all of friends sheen we compare phones u are ABSOLUTELY correct on the it doesnt tell us anything thing lol, don't know how it slipped my mind but it could be 16MP, on paper that's great and equals a HUGE image size, but real world could be very very crappy. Thanks once again for your post (and I was anticipating the Bionic sense I first saw it and I hope this phone doesn't get a Hands-On and then delay after delay):cool:

Premium1

Trusted Member
Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
It's htc, it will need all that power to run sense smoothly. Then again htc continues making sense larger and more of a resource hog so I can see them increasing the size of sense to bog that down too.

kharrigan

Now using God's Phone
Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
We need better battery technologies, not increased parallel processing. At some point, adding more hardware is simply a waste... especially if the OS can't take advantage of it.

humpagardengnome

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
TechRadar.com states a March 2012 release... I have no clue who techradar.com is but they seem to think March is the date.

HTC Quattro release date set for March 2012? | News | TechRadar

I wouldn't put stake in what tech radar reports. They are about as reliable as Droid Life, reporting rumors as fact until it comes to fruition. When it does happen, they only prove to be correct by default. Put enough crap out in the rumor mill cuz one of their reports will eventually hold water. I'm not dissing those guys but they seem to report things on the coat tails of other tech. sites and fringe sources.

Crazy Cat Lady

Dec 31, 2011
Visit site
That is SERIOUSLY ugly!!! Looks like someone shrunk an HDTV! If its running ics, why the dedicated search and menu buttons??? Thought those were done away with in 4.0, and replaced with the recent activities button.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Xparent Pink Tapatalk