Future HTC EVO's?

SNAFU

Jul 2, 2010
Visit site
I'm simply asking for info, not starting any Rumors.

I've been overall happy with my Evo 4G, but am interested in any info on the next future version.

My only 2 real gripes with the 4G is the tiny memory and the dismal battery life.

I have seen a lot of rumors online but nothing even remotely concrete.

So, let's try to post anything that is a bit more than popcorn fart rumors in here.

Thanks.

Nov 22, 2011
Visit site
I completely love my phone as well! I wish they make a updated version of theses with a lot more internal memory and ram.. because right now my phone is loaded up almost at the max even with a 32gb class 10 SD card :(

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
I just got the all white EVO 3D, after having the EVO 4G for a year and a half, I love this phone even more and even though there is no kickstand, (still getting use to that) I am in love all over again. I make custom Wallpapers for my phones, NOT SCREENSAVERS, so here is my latest creation in a screenshot.

Last edited:

Gaurav

Jun 26, 2011
Visit site
HTC better come out with something otherwise the Galaxy nexus and next gen GSIII are going to eat it for dinner....

SNAFU

Jul 2, 2010
Visit site
Don't get me wrong, Samsung make good devices as well, thier customer service just flat out sucks.

That and I like the sense UI a bit more than vanilla Android. :)

blacksapphire08

May 2, 2010
Visit site
I work at Radio Shack and the HTC Evo 2 is suppose to be coming out for AT&T early next year.

If that's true then it would probably go by a different name like the Inspire 2 or something. Sprint uses the EVO name for their line of HTC phones and Verizon uses Droid.

I still think it's funny how people complain about their newer phones when i'm still using the HTC Hero with no problems.

jerseygirl

May 18, 2010
Visit site
I would like to concur with the OP. I've had my Evo since it first came out and have only experienced minor glitches, but nothing that's made me want to use my upgrade on anything other than a newer model Evo. Sprint says I have until March to use my full upgrade...so I'm hoping to hear something soon and will keep checking here for updates.

tropper

Smarty Pants
Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
I'm sure there will be an Evo successor soon enough, Sprint just fired up their LTE network. Which says to me it will be a dual core snapdragon (common for HTC) an the new Qualcomm processors work well with LTE not wimax . It will prolly be similar to the rezound . Or even the first quad ;)

Fubie

May 12, 2010
Visit site
I've had the Hero, EVO 4G and the EVO 3D and I loved all of them. I'm back on the EVO 4G and battery life is great after rooting. Root is the only way to go. Especially now with my $7 extended battery.

Wimax is a bust for me though. It never seems to be available where I am, has limited throughput and chews threw whatever battery I have. While I hope our next EVO has LTE I have little hope that Sprint can bring it to my area, Springfield, MO. They haven't even managed to roll out complete Wimax coverage where I am and the 3G data coverage sucks for lack of a better word. 3G pings are around 1 second (that's crazy) and downloads are less than 30 kpbs. LOL I don't even bother trying to use data or send pictures with SMS. Nothing happens. This has been going on for over a year now.

Are our EVO's on a sinking ship?

tropper

Smarty Pants
Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
I've had the Hero, EVO 4G and the EVO 3D and I loved all of them. I'm back on the EVO 4G and battery life is great after rooting. Root is the only way to go. Especially now with my $7 extended battery.

Wimax is a bust for me though. It never seems to be available where I am, has limited throughput and chews threw whatever battery I have. While I hope our next EVO has LTE I have little hope that Sprint can bring it to my area, Springfield, MO. They haven't even managed to roll out complete Wimax coverage where I am and the 3G data coverage sucks for lack of a better word. 3G pings are around 1 second (that's crazy) and downloads are less than 30 kpbs. LOL I don't even bother trying to use data or send pictures with SMS. Nothing happens. This has been going on for over a year now.

Are our EVO's on a sinking ship?

I believe Wimax is a bust because Sprint new it was dying tech as soon as it cane out that's why the are going with LTE. I expect them to actually make good on their new 4G .

Twizel

Jun 22, 2011
Visit site
I actually have wimax in my neck of the woods so probably gonna rock 3VO for a while. I get about 8mbs down and 1.4 mbs up... 8 down thats amazing thats exactly how many red lights we have lol... Cant believe we got it b4 huge cities... Ashland Ky

tropper

Smarty Pants
Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
Yeah it's great speed but your lucky if ya can find a place its available. my buddy has had the Eco since it came out a year and a half ago an still is waiting on some 4G love. I got my VZW T bolt in march and soaking up the LTE for awhile now.

blacksapphire08

May 2, 2010
Visit site
Still rocking the Hero here, but I think it's finally time to put this poor device to rest. I'm so impressed with HTC, think i'm gonna stick with them. :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wei34