Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree16Likes

Global Posts
    227 Global Posts

Default Re: Will Motorola Make the Next Nexus?

Quote Originally Posted by CarryMe View Post
    It's still pending due to the EU holding it up.

Once Google owns Moto, Moto will do it Google's way.
    Interesting. . .would be interesting. Though it will likely takeawhile to know either way.

Quote Originally Posted by dacp283 View Post
    You're forgetting the OG droid, it was pure vanilla Android.
    This. The OG Droid was essentially a "Nexus" phone before the Nexus name was used. It was a pure Google Experience android phone, and the first phone released with Android 2.0.
    Thanked by 2:

I really do hope to hear of a non-Samsung Nexus in the near future. I have/had no plans to buy the current or last Nexus simply because they are Samsung, and too many friends with the Nexus S and so many other Samsung phones have just horrible signal and GPS issues. Meanwhile folks I talk to with Moto phones have amazing reception. But I'd also be more than happy with another HTC Nexus device, everyone I know who had the Nexus One loved it (and I'm still loving my Evo 4G).
    fredknex likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by jbhenry View Post
    This. The OG Droid was essentially a "Nexus" phone before the Nexus name was used. It was a pure Google Experience android phone, and the first phone released with Android 2.0.
    "Nexus 0.5" as I often referred to mine. One or two bloat apps, no worthless proprietary UI - it's the reason I have a Nexus today.
    Thanked by 2:

I sorta am hoping Sony Ericsson would be the maker of the next Nexus, their not my favorite company, but their Android phones i have used are really good. They just need to make a truly High end phone.

Quote Originally Posted by ele5 View Post
    I sorta am hoping Sony Ericsson would be the maker of the next Nexus, their not my favorite company, but their Android phones i have used are really good. They just need to make a truly High end phone.
    I didn't even think about Sony as a Nexus contender, I haven't used any of their Android phones (although I do still have an old NW-HD5 player going strong)... How is their hardware record with reception, gps, etc?

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

Maybe they should warm up with a Droid first.

Quote Originally Posted by ele5 View Post
    Sony is buying Ericsson. The acquisition is set to take place by next March.

Quote Originally Posted by happyturkey View Post
    I didn't even think about Sony as a Nexus contender, I haven't used any of their Android phones (although I do still have an old NW-HD5 player going strong)... How is their hardware record with reception, gps, etc?

I wouldn't think of Sony Ericsson as a legitimate contender for the Nexus because they are two companies. Now when Sony buys Ericsson it may be a different story as Sony has vowed to make only high-end Android phones when it does happen (which it will).

I've only heard about the Sony Ericsson Xperia Play as it was the only SE phone that I was interested in. From firsthand experience the design and build quality of it was top notch; I'm not one to obsess over design (I'll take an ugly phone if it works good) but the Xplay looks like someone put some thought into it. It looks pretty sturdy but it reportedly keeps dropping data and the call quality is subpar. I haven't heard about any GPS issues though.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk

It would be cool if Motorola made the next Nexus. I think there's a good chance it happens.

Quote Originally Posted by dacp283 View Post
    Zero, as stated already, Moto simply has the best cell phone hardware out there. Their radios are top notch, build quality is amazing, and hell just look at the Razr. It's amazing what they did with it without sacrificing anything in the hardware dept and honestly the latest UI is pretty damn useful. Especially with the tasking app. I've owned a ton of Moto phones going back to the MPX200. They are always solid and functional. Mix that with pure Nexus love and hopefully quad core by the time we get to the next generation Nexus and that, I guarantee will be the best Nexus to date.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
    My X had great hardware but was kind of ugly. I was really happy with that phone despite its looks, but the Bionic is a piece of junk. The screen resolution was ugly and grainy and the radio sucked ***. I couldn't hold data even though I live right near a verizon tower. Placed side by side with a Droid Charge, Droid X and Galaxy Nexus, the Bionic would have no data coverage (3G or 4G), while the rest connected just fine. Ended up returning the Bionic for a Galaxy Nexus and couldn't be happier. Beautiful screen, attractive body design, unlocked bootloader and ridiculous dev support.

Quote Originally Posted by MRW1215 View Post
    Who made the other Nexus phone(s)? Just out of curiosity.

Also, isn't the thing with Motorola still pending? As in, they haven't actually been bought, yet?
    htc made the nexus one, samsung made the nexus s and galaxy nexus

Technically, while not branded "Nexus", Motorola already has a Google Experience device.. the original Motorola Droid, and arguably one of the most popular devices in Android's history(up until recently at least)

so we did get a taste of what Motorola can do.. I do hope they make the next Nexus.
    Last edited by sniffs; 12-28-2011 at 10:17 AM.
    Possible Errors Between Keyboard And Chair.
    Thanked by 2:

I am optimistic about it. If i were google, i won't risk in losing moto fans.
    Droids!

Global Posts
    578 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

If they do, hope they put not one hint of motoblur on it...

Global Posts
    462 Global Posts
    ROM
    Will be rooted

I would Like another HTC made nexus. Motorola would be my second choice. I may be in the minority though.

Quote Originally Posted by jflexe99 View Post
    If they do, hope they put not one hint of motoblur on it...
    I have no idea why you would they would put Blur on a Nexus. Did HTC put Sense on the Nexus One? Did Samsung put TouchWiz on the Nexus S and Galaxy Nexus? I don't think you would have anything to worry about.

ROM
    CM 10 (unofficial)

If moto gets the bid, count me in. Wanted a nexus, but I don't like samsung...

Quote Originally Posted by ISS2 View Post
    If moto gets the bid, count me in. Wanted a nexus, but I don't like samsung...
    This.

Sent from my Xperia Play using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by happyturkey View Post

I decided to get an Xperia Play and I've been pleasantly surprised. When I got it it had an update waiting for me so I don't know what was going on before it as I immediately installed it. I can say the the GPS leaves a little to be desired. I could be wrong though; I just noticed that Google Maps load a lot slower than on my Droid 3. The call quality is impressive...heck it's better than the Droid 3.

In general people who've bought phones from SE recently have been pleased with them. They earned a bad reputation for not updating their devices when they first started making phones but as of this year their track record has improved exponentially. They've announced that they will upgrade their entire 2011 Xperia line to ICS.

Sent from my Xperia Play using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by avidandroider View Post
    The first nexus was by HTC, the 2nd and 3rd by Samsung..
    Yes I believe you are correct formally it is still pending.

Sent from my Motorola Photon 4G on the Now Network
    and let me say that the HTC Nexus One was a very solid device, that I would have chosen over the Droid Incredible if it was on Verizon.

Damn I would love to see a droid nexus.
    Smarty Pants

ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by thedio View Post
    Damn I would love to see a droid nexus.
    you did it was a 10.1 " device with 4G LTE they called it the Xoom tho.
    Im T rop per and I approve this message
    Thanks for watching = T
    Grand Master Moosc

Global Posts
    5,519 Global Posts
    ROM
    AKOP M4 old geezer theme

Another illusion no only the wifi xoom is the google experience device.
    Quote Originally Posted by tropper View Post
    you did it was a 10.1 " device with 4G LTE they called it the Xoom tho.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk
    Google Nexus Class Devices (Nexus7, Nexus4, Galaxy Nexus lte VZW)...@moosc on twitter ...
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    2,618 Global Posts
    ROM
    ICS 4.0.4

Quote Originally Posted by moosc View Post

Care to elaborate?
    tropper likes this.

Global Posts
    10,407 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOSP, & stock.

Quote Originally Posted by moosc View Post

Always the sarcastic one lol.
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast