Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree16Likes

Global Posts
    2,618 Global Posts
    ROM
    ICS 4.0.4

Default Re: Will Motorola Make the Next Nexus?

Quote Originally Posted by androidatic View Post
    First off the person who mentioned MS was talking about their PC business unit , not their phone business unit, LOL! I guess you didn't read the post in which this was brought up.
    Actually I did read it.
    Second, I don't want Google telling phone manufacturers how to design their phones, that inhibits creativity in the design process.
    No it doesn't.

Quote Originally Posted by PaulDroidR2D2 View Post
    Actually I did read it.

No it doesn't.
    Lol!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by zero. View Post
    may i ask you what are your top reasons for wanting a moto? i am sincerely interested.

i have owned older motos, but never any android phones. i didnt like them at all. not the screens, not the choppy feel, not the feel-in-the-hand. but i know it's possible that these new ones are entirely different... not having tried them myself. but some seem to love their android motos, and i am simply trying to understand why.

I was wondering the same thing

For me, I like Moto for battery life and reception. Everything else about a phone comes 2nd to me.

Quote Originally Posted by dccox7 View Post
    I was wondering the same thing
    There are pretty much 3 big players in the cell phone industry, Moto, Samsung and HTC. LG is just not on par with these three.

HTC makes a good, solid phone but their designs are uninspiring. They are pretty much all the same when it comes to design.

Samsung phones have sub-par builds and have weak radios.

Having had both Samsung and HTC android phones, I switched to Motorola and the Razr this time around. This is simply the most solidly built phone I have ever had. I'm not talking Kevlar and Gorilla Glass, just overall quality. Plus, I get reception and hold it where my other two phones didn't.

IMO, a phone should be a phone first and everything else second. If I can't get calls or texts, then what good is it?

If one wants a portable computer, get a tablet.

ROM
    IML74K Android 4.0.3

I can't, for the life of me, get rid of this preconception of Motorola that I have. For some reason I don't like the idea of a Moto Nexus or any Moto phone for the reason...

Quote Originally Posted by Epiksol View Post
    I can't, for the life of me, get rid of this preconception of Motorola that I have. For some reason I don't like the idea of a Moto Nexus or any Moto phone for the reason...
    Why? The Droid was a developer phone and was wildly popular.. it propelled Android into the mass market. It's build quality was terrific, it was a sturdy device and didn't feel chintzy..

It's still getting new ROMs and even has some alpha ICS ROMs long after Motorola EOL'd it.
    Possible Errors Between Keyboard And Chair.
    Thanked by:
    Grand Master Moosc

Global Posts
    5,512 Global Posts
    ROM
    AKOP M4 old geezer theme

Hmm no it wasn't a developer phone. It was new it was hot it was unlocked and bloat free. Vzw had no idea what they where getting them selves into. As soon as they reliazed it they ordered the most controversial lock on a phone the dreaded efuse on the droidX. Just after droid was released meer two months the true and as I see it only nexus came about.
    Quote Originally Posted by sniffs View Post
    Why? The Droid was a developer phone and was wildly popular.. it propelled Android into the mass market. It's build quality was terrific, it was a sturdy device and didn't feel chintzy..

It's still getting new ROMs and even has some alpha ICS ROMs long after Motorola EOL'd it.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk
    Google Nexus Class Devices (Nexus7, Nexus4, Galaxy Nexus lte VZW)...@moosc on twitter ...

Global Posts
    107 Global Posts

I think LG would get a shot at the NEXUS next.before Moto as google doesnt want to show favor to MOTO
    The LG Optimus Nexus will be the next Nexus with 4.5inch IPS screen and tegra 3!
    jroc likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by CaliforniaMan View Post
    I think LG would get a shot at the NEXUS next.before Moto as google doesnt want to show favor to MOTO
    The LG Optimus Nexus will be the next Nexus with 4.5inch IPS screen and tegra 3!
    Seems logical since they're the only major manufacturer who hasn't had a shot yet.

Sent from my R800x using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by moosc View Post
    Hmm no it wasn't a developer phone. It was new it was hot it was unlocked and bloat free. Vzw had no idea what they where getting them selves into. As soon as they reliazed it they ordered the most controversial lock on a phone the dreaded efuse on the droidX. Just after droid was released meer two months the true and as I see it only nexus came about.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk
    What are you talking about it wasn't a developer phone? Google gave them away at ALL their developer conferences along with the Nexus One, regardless if you dont think it was a dev phone, it was.

They gave developers the option for either a free Droid or a free N1.
    Last edited by sniffs; 01-26-2012 at 11:11 AM.
    Possible Errors Between Keyboard And Chair.
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by sniffs View Post
    What are you talking about it wasn't a developer phone? Google gave them away at ALL their developer conferences along with the Nexus One, regardless if you dont think it was a dev phone, it was.
    It just wasn't coined as one, but you're right. It was a Nexus before there was a Nexus.

Thanked by:

I would LOVE to see a Moto Nexus! HTC or Sony would be my 2nd choice. I've had Samsung phones and am not a fan.

i hope not. moto seems unable to not screw up the software side of their phones.
    Galaxy nexus!

Global Posts
    624 Global Posts
    ROM
    stock 2.3.4

moto needs to unlock those bootloaders first

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by indiane View Post
    I would LOVE to see a Moto Nexus! HTC or Sony would be my 2nd choice. I've had Samsung phones and am not a fan.
    I wouldn't mind HTC if they were a bit more creative in the design of their phones. They're just plain black slabs and all look alike.

I'm not a big fan of Sony but I feel anything is better than a Samsung.

Here's to hoping that Google realizes that they are getting more than just patents with the Moto purchase and gives them an inside track. I know what Google said, but let's face it this is business and it's all about making money.

Global Posts
    2,618 Global Posts
    ROM
    ICS 4.0.4

HTC has had their chance. I think it might be interesting to see what LG might do.

Sent from one of the following: Galaxy Nexus, Bionic or Xoom using Tapatalk.
    Sent from my Verizon Galaxy Note 2, Verizon Galaxy S4, or N7, or MacBook Air

Global Posts
    278 Global Posts

I use to love LG's feature phones. I am not so happy with their Android ones, I would take them over a Samsung any day though. HTC or Moto would be the best Nexus IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Stelv View Post
    I use to love LG's feature phones. I am not so happy with their Android ones, I would take them over a Samsung any day though. HTC or Moto would be the best Nexus IMO.
    I agree with you on the LG issue. I loved my Voyager when it came out. I have been very unimpressed with LG's Android phones though. It's almost like they are a "B" class phone when compared to HTC, Moto and yes, even Samsung.

Global Posts
    278 Global Posts

Yea My Voyager was sweet. I still have it actually. Nothing is "B" class when compared to Samsung IMO though. They are the bottom of the barrel to me. Me, my family and friends have had 5 horrible Samsungs.

Yea My Voyager was sweet. I still have it actually. Nothing is "B" class when compared to Samsung IMO though. They are the bottom of the barrel to me. Me, my family and friends have had 5 horrible Samsungs.
    I've had trouble with every Samsung I've owned. Let's just hope that Google can look past price and look at the bigger picture at the next Nexus bid process.

Global Posts
    278 Global Posts

Let's hope so. I would be disappointed if they chose Samsung again.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

Global Posts
    2,618 Global Posts
    ROM
    ICS 4.0.4

Let's hope so. I would be disappointed if they chose Samsung again.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk
    I won't be if they go with Samsung again.

Sent from one of the following: Galaxy Nexus, Bionic or Xoom using Tapatalk.
    Sent from my Verizon Galaxy Note 2, Verizon Galaxy S4, or N7, or MacBook Air

After spending time with both the G Nex and Rezound...

I seriously hope Moto does the next Nexus too. I think thats the only way I will ever get one...

ROM
    Stock

no they won't
    To Each His Own

LG G2 D800 Unlocked (AT&T)
    Rooted Android 4.2.2

HTC One 32GB Black (AT&T)
    - Full RUU Converted to Google Edition - [OTA's Work]
    - Android 4.3 Rooted - Unlocked -
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast