Will Motorola Make the Next Nexus?

Premium1

Trusted Member
Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
Idk if they will since google said they are not going to give them any special treatment. I am sure they will have to bid for it like the other companies. It would be interesting to see a moto nexus but I think there are a lot of good possibilities and Sony could even get a bid possibly.

Reactions: CarryMe

MRW1215

Apr 6, 2011
Visit site
Who made the other Nexus phone(s)? Just out of curiosity.

Also, isn't the thing with Motorola still pending? As in, they haven't actually been bought, yet?

dacp283

Jun 14, 2010
Visit site
That's my dream phone, a Nexus by Moto. That's why I'm not wasting my money on the GN. I won't buy anything other than Moto now that I've been through them all.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

zero.

Nov 18, 2011
Visit site
That's my dream phone, a Nexus by Moto. That's why I'm not wasting my money on the GN. I won't buy anything other than Moto now that I've been through them all.

may i ask you what are your top reasons for wanting a moto? i am sincerely interested.

i have owned older motos, but never any android phones. i didnt like them at all. not the screens, not the choppy feel, not the feel-in-the-hand. but i know it's possible that these new ones are entirely different... not having tried them myself. but some seem to love their android motos, and i am simply trying to understand why.

CarryMe

Banned
Dec 17, 2011
Visit site
may i ask you what are your top reasons for wanting a moto? i am sincerely interested.
I know you didn't ask this question of me, but I will throw in my 2 cents. From what I have read here, it is because of the hardware that most people like Moto - sturdy build, excellent radio/antenna. They like the Nexus vanilla android with no manufacturer overlay that is easy to root and updates directly from Google. So a Moto Nexus would give them the hardware and the software and the quick updates they prefer.

epphllps

May 9, 2010
Visit site
I have owned many android phones but never a Moto until the Razr. I'll go out on the limb and say that the next Nexus will definitely be a Motorola made phone. Google has shown how much interest they have in Moto and I would be beyond surprised if they choose another brand to showcase the Nexus. Top hardware and vanilla android for possibly the best phone we have seen.

thoughthalo

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
Who made the other Nexus phone(s)? Just out of curiosity.

Also, isn't the thing with Motorola still pending? As in, they haven't actually been bought, yet?

The first nexus was by HTC, the 2nd and 3rd by Samsung..
Yes I believe you are correct formally it is still pending.

Sent from my Motorola Photon 4G on the Now Network

terreos

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
Seems like an obvious choice to me now that Google has bought Moto.

When was this? I missed that little bit of news.

And I don't think Motorola will be making any of the Nexus phones. Their the ones mainly making the Droid phone and have their own UI. Nexus is to be the PURE google experience. Motorola does not do such a thing. :p

44Stretch

Sep 30, 2011
Visit site

And I don't think Motorola will be making any of the Nexus phones. Their the ones mainly making the Droid phone and have their own UI. Nexus is to be the PURE google experience. Motorola does not do such a thing. :p

Samsung has touchwiz and HTC has sense. Just because motor has a custom UI doesn't mean they can't make a Nexus phone.

mjforte

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
I'm really hoping for a Moto Nexus as well. Top notch hardware, combined with pure Android just sounds amazing. It'd be like the OG Droid, only better because updates would come straight from Google. I also held off on the G-Nex because I'm not a fan of Samsung's hardware. Samsung has 2 things going for them, their screens and processors.

CarryMe

Banned
Dec 17, 2011
Visit site
I'm really hoping for a Moto Nexus as well. Top notch hardware, combined with pure Android just sounds amazing. It'd be like the OG Droid, only better because updates would come straight from Google.
I bet we will get one! How long between the last Nexus and the GN?

dacp283

Jun 14, 2010
Visit site

You're forgetting the OG droid, it was pure vanilla Android. Don't speak such foolery.

dacp283

Jun 14, 2010
Visit site

i have owned older motos, but never any android phones. i didnt like them at all. not the screens, not the choppy feel, not the feel-in-the-hand. but i know it's possible that these new ones are entirely different... not having tried them myself. but some seem to love their android motos, and i am simply trying to understand why.

Zero, as stated already, Moto simply has the best cell phone hardware out there. Their radios are top notch, build quality is amazing, and hell just look at the Razr. It's amazing what they did with it without sacrificing anything in the hardware dept and honestly the latest UI is pretty damn useful. Especially with the tasking app. I've owned a ton of Moto phones going back to the MPX200. They are always solid and functional. Mix that with pure Nexus love and hopefully quad core by the time we get to the next generation Nexus and that, I guarantee will be the best Nexus to date.

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
I would like to see a Moto Nexus. I'm sure other OEMs want to be the ones so expect Google to put every manufacturer through the paces to see who has cutting edge design and hardware.

Sent from my HERO200 using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance