Will Motorola Make the Next Nexus?

Aegis

Jul 21, 2011
Visit site
If they do, hope they put not one hint of motoblur on it...

I have no idea why you would they would put Blur on a Nexus. Did HTC put Sense on the Nexus One? Did Samsung put TouchWiz on the Nexus S and Galaxy Nexus? I don't think you would have anything to worry about.

akhi216

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
I didn't even think about Sony as a Nexus contender, I haven't used any of their Android phones (although I do still have an old NW-HD5 player going strong)... How is their hardware record with reception, gps, etc?

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

I decided to get an Xperia Play and I've been pleasantly surprised. When I got it it had an update waiting for me so I don't know what was going on before it as I immediately installed it. I can say the the GPS leaves a little to be desired. I could be wrong though; I just noticed that Google Maps load a lot slower than on my Droid 3. The call quality is impressive...heck it's better than the Droid 3.

In general people who've bought phones from SE recently have been pleased with them. They earned a bad reputation for not updating their devices when they first started making phones but as of this year their track record has improved exponentially. They've announced that they will upgrade their entire 2011 Xperia line to ICS.

Sent from my Xperia Play using Tapatalk

amgalloway

Mar 28, 2011
Visit site
The first nexus was by HTC, the 2nd and 3rd by Samsung..
Yes I believe you are correct formally it is still pending.

Sent from my Motorola Photon 4G on the Now Network
and let me say that the HTC Nexus One was a very solid device, that I would have chosen over the Droid Incredible if it was on Verizon.

tropper

Smarty Pants
Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
Another illusion no only the wifi xoom is the google experience device.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk
Besides the forced my VZW app I was under the impression it was pure google, my only experience is bout five min on my buddies wifi only and a couple on the one in th e store.

Johnly

Retired Moderator
Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
Another google phone by Motorola will have my dollers. Droid was clean and was crazy good because everything worked well on good hardware... No plastic is always a plus. Google needs to just throw a strike already.

androidatic

May 7, 2010
Visit site
Seems like an obvious choice to me now that Google has bought Moto.

One can only hope. I'll never buy another Samsung and really don't care for HTC since they are generally big and bulky. The only Nexus phone I'll ever buy will be a Moto.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

pauldroidr2d2

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
One can only hope. I'll never buy another Samsung and really don't care for HTC since they are generally big and bulky. The only Nexus phone I'll ever buy will be a Moto.

Unless Google makes some to Motorola for the better I hope they don't make the Next Nexus.

In my opinion Motorola has neen jerking their customers around all year.

First the Xoom fiasco, followed by the release of the Bionic, Razr and Razr MAXX which are all virtually the same phones with the same bugs or very similar bugs.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

moosc

Grand Master Moosc
Oct 20, 2009
Visit site
You have to think vzw fir all those phones. As for xoom they rushed the 4g with out a 4g radio even in in mass production or even passed through fcc.
Unless Google makes some to Motorola for the better I hope they don't make the Next Nexus.

First the Xoom fiasco, followed by the release of the Bionic, Razr and Razr MAXX which are all virtually the same phones with the same bugs or very similar bugs.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk

androidatic

May 7, 2010
Visit site

It's Verizon asking for the phones. Motorola is simply fulfilling requests by a carrier. Besides, they just announced that they are going to slow down the new phone releases. I guess they were able to convince Verizon that things needed to slow down.

I'm very unhappy with Samsung phones. The build quality and their radios are sub-par. I'll take a buggy phone with a better connection ANY day. And aside from the GN, they take forever to update the OS as well.

Now that Google owns, or will soon own, Moto, it makes sense to keep the Nexus in house. It would be like someone buying Ford and then asking Chevy to build the Mustang.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol