Will Motorola Make the Next Nexus?

Epiksol

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
I can't, for the life of me, get rid of this preconception of Motorola that I have. For some reason I don't like the idea of a Moto Nexus or any Moto phone for the reason... :-\

sniffs

Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
I can't, for the life of me, get rid of this preconception of Motorola that I have. For some reason I don't like the idea of a Moto Nexus or any Moto phone for the reason... :-\

Why? The Droid was a developer phone and was wildly popular.. it propelled Android into the mass market. It's build quality was terrific, it was a sturdy device and didn't feel chintzy..

It's still getting new ROM's and even has some alpha ICS rom's long after Motorola EOL'd it.

moosc

Grand Master Moosc
Oct 20, 2009
Visit site
Hmm no it wasn't a developer phone. It was new it was hot it was unlocked and bloat free. Vzw had no idea what they where getting them selves into. As soon as they reliazed it they ordered the most controversial lock on a phone the dreaded efuse on the droidX. Just after droid was released meer two months the true and as I see it only nexus came about.
Why? The Droid was a developer phone and was wildly popular.. it propelled Android into the mass market. It's build quality was terrific, it was a sturdy device and didn't feel chintzy..

It's still getting new ROM's and even has some alpha ICS rom's long after Motorola EOL'd it.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk

Donta79

Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
I think LG would get a shot at the NEXUS next.before Moto as google doesnt want to show favor to MOTO
The LG Optimus Nexus will be the next Nexus with 4.5inch IPS screen and tegra 3!

akhi216

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
I think LG would get a shot at the NEXUS next.before Moto as google doesnt want to show favor to MOTO
The LG Optimus Nexus will be the next Nexus with 4.5inch IPS screen and tegra 3!

Seems logical since they're the only major manufacturer who hasn't had a shot yet.

Sent from my R800x using Tapatalk

sniffs

Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
Hmm no it wasn't a developer phone. It was new it was hot it was unlocked and bloat free. Vzw had no idea what they where getting them selves into. As soon as they reliazed it they ordered the most controversial lock on a phone the dreaded efuse on the droidX. Just after droid was released meer two months the true and as I see it only nexus came about.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk

What are you talking about it wasn't a developer phone? Google gave them away at ALL their developer conferences along with the Nexus One, regardless if you dont think it was a dev phone, it was.

They gave developers the option for either a free Droid or a free N1.

Last edited:

androidatic

May 7, 2010
Visit site
What are you talking about it wasn't a developer phone? Google gave them away at ALL their developer conferences along with the Nexus One, regardless if you dont think it was a dev phone, it was.

It just wasn't coined as one, but you're right. It was a Nexus before there was a Nexus.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

androidatic

May 7, 2010
Visit site
I would LOVE to see a Moto Nexus! HTC or Sony would be my 2nd choice. I've had Samsung phones and am not a fan.

I wouldn't mind HTC if they were a bit more creative in the design of their phones. They're just plain black slabs and all look alike.

I'm not a big fan of Sony but I feel anything is better than a Samsung.

Here's to hoping that Google realizes that they are getting more than just patents with the Moto purchase and gives them an inside track. I know what Google said, but let's face it this is business and it's all about making money.

pauldroidr2d2

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
HTC has had their chance. I think it might be interesting to see what LG might do.

Sent from one of the following: Galaxy Nexus, Bionic or Xoom using Tapatalk.

Stelv

Jul 21, 2011
Visit site
I use to love LG's feature phones. I am not so happy with their Android ones, I would take them over a Samsung any day though. HTC or Moto would be the best Nexus IMO.

androidatic

May 7, 2010
Visit site
I use to love LG's feature phones. I am not so happy with their Android ones, I would take them over a Samsung any day though. HTC or Moto would be the best Nexus IMO.

I agree with you on the LG issue. I loved my Voyager when it came out. I have been very unimpressed with LG's Android phones though. It's almost like they are a "B" class phone when compared to HTC, Moto and yes, even Samsung.

Stelv

Jul 21, 2011
Visit site
Yea My Voyager was sweet. I still have it actually. Nothing is "B" class when compared to Samsung IMO though. They are the bottom of the barrel to me. Me, my family and friends have had 5 horrible Samsungs.

androidatic

May 7, 2010
Visit site
Yea My Voyager was sweet. I still have it actually. Nothing is "B" class when compared to Samsung IMO though. They are the bottom of the barrel to me. Me, my family and friends have had 5 horrible Samsungs.

I've had trouble with every Samsung I've owned. Let's just hope that Google can look past price and look at the bigger picture at the next Nexus bid process.

jroc

Jun 26, 2010
Visit site
After spending time with both the G Nex and Rezound...

I seriously hope Moto does the next Nexus too. I think thats the only way I will ever get one...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non