Will Motorola Make the Next Nexus?

bunique4life05

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
Seems like an obvious choice to me now that Google has bought Moto.

Obviously? What has moto done to be part of the nexus project. Remember being part of the nexus project google's criteria is simply being most innovative company for the year.

HTC
First 1gz processor
Snapdragon was leaing at the time
Unibody Frames

Granted the Nexus One

Samsung
Amoled Technology
In house single core processors
Highly Successful Galaxy line up
Sense

Granted the Nexus S

Samsung
the evolution of Amoled Technology
Galaxy S2 phenom
1st Nivida Tegra Processor
Redesigned Touchwiz

Granted the Galaxy Nexus

Motorolla
???
???
???
???

Google still hasn't finished there take over of Motorolla and plus nexus project is something company has to earn not be bought out. It would really look bad on Google to have Moto make nexus phone just solely because what they were bought out.

We only have the words of Eric Schmidt that Motorolla has big things coming this year but is yet to be seen. However it's very early this year so we will see.

I feel it's battle between HTC and Samsung for this year for the nexus project. Both coming out with quad-core processors this year and both have something up leaves for this year.

Samsung is pushing the better battery life.
HTC has is peer to pear technology and promising dialing back there quantity of their product and focusing on higer quality. HTC is really the underdog in this battle as for two years they seemed to be in shadow of Samsung. HTC took a loss in earning last year and as well the HTC Tablets obviously have not done to well IMO. Unfortunately for HTC Samsung does not look like they are at all slowing down.

Reactions: pauldroidr2d2

moosc

Grand Master Moosc
Oct 20, 2009
Visit site
It is who bids the most for the right to build the hardware. And moto brought the android to the masses best built hardware best radios
Obviously? What has moto done to be part of the nexus project. Remember being part of the nexus project google's criteria is simply being most innovative company for the year.

HTC
First 1gz processor
Snapdragon was leaing at the time
Unibody Frames

Granted the Nexus One

Samsung
Amoled Technology
In house single core processors
Highly Successful Galaxy line up
Sense

Granted the Nexus S

Samsung
the evolution of Amoled Technology
Galaxy S2 phenom
1st Nivida Tegra Processor
Redesigned Touchwiz

Granted the Galaxy Nexus

Motorolla
???
???
???
???

Google still hasn't finished there take over of Motorolla and plus nexus project is something company has to earn not be bought out. It would really look bad on Google to have Moto make nexus phone just solely because what they were bought out.

We only have the words of Eric Schmidt that Motorolla has big things coming this year but is yet to be seen. However it's very early this year so we will see.

I feel it's battle between HTC and Samsung for this year for the nexus project. Both coming out with quad-core processors this year and both have something up leaves for this year.

Samsung is pushing the better battery life.
HTC has is peer to pear technology and promising dialing back there quantity of their product and focusing on higer quality. HTC is really the underdog in this battle as for two years they seemed to be in shadow of Samsung. HTC took a loss in earning last year and as well the HTC Tablets obviously have not done to well IMO. Unfortunately for HTC Samsung does not look like they are at all slowing down.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk

Reactions: androidatic

androidatic

May 7, 2010
Visit site
It is who bids the most for the right to build the hardware. And moto brought the android to the masses best built hardware best radios

http://www.techhog.com/featured/and...n-of-nexus-manufacturer-will-remain-the-same/

I'm glad someone pays attention to the Android world.

Rubin himself confirmed that it's a bidding process. Whoever is willing to pay the most gets to make the next Nexus.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Reactions: bunique4life05

androidatic

May 7, 2010
Visit site
It's all about the benjamins. If it was about quality and a well built device, then google wouldn't have picked samsung.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

I'd really like to see them stick with an American company. Although Moto's are made in China, it's a U. S. company and the money stays here, where it belongs.

bunique4life05

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
Andy Rubin says that selection of Nexus manufacturer will remainTechHog.com | Tech News and Reviews on all things Mobile

I'm glad someone pays attention to the Android world.

Rubin himself confirmed that it's a bidding process. Whoever is willing to pay the most gets to make the next Nexus.

Rubin Bids the most? Explain how the bidding system works?
Lol damn I forgot about article. I actually read that article two. Well damn I retract my earlier statement. It's all coincidental how each company so far got nexus project at time when they were strongest influential in mobil process.

Anyone have more details on this bidding process?
What if no bids does that mean no nexus.

moosc

Grand Master Moosc
Oct 20, 2009
Visit site
That will never there's a prestige to the nexus.and Samsung has deep deep pockets but after being bought by google moto has serious cash.
Rubin Bids the most? Explain how the bidding system works?
Lol damn I forgot about article. I actually read that article two. Well damn I retract my earlier statement. It's all coincidental how each company so far got nexus project at time when they were strongest influential in mobil process.

Anyone have more details on this bidding process?
What if no bids does that mean no nexus.

bunique4life05

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
That will never there's a prestige to the nexus.and Samsung has deep deep pockets but after being bought by google moto has serious cash.

This bidding process totally change my out look. i can't believe forgot about that article. Those I think I watch Eric Schimt more that Rubin and I sick Eric Schimt tends not to talk about the bidding system. He usually talks up the company that they working with and now I remember why because it's the company that pays the most.

If moto gets the bid they better damn well deliver on some innovating tech for the device. Again even though I know now they bid on the nexus project the companies that have gotten make Nexus always have pushed envelope before they came with their Nexus. Furthermore their devices always hand some trademark tech add to there nexus.

Droid Nexus with gorilla glass and red accents doesn't really appeal to me... I JOKE I JOKE....seriously moto please do better than that.

pauldroidr2d2

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
This bidding process totally change my out look. i can't believe forgot about that article. Those I think I watch Eric Schimt more that Rubin and I sick Eric Schimt tends not to talk about the bidding system. He usually talks up the company that they working with and now I remember why because it's the company that pays the most.

If moto gets the bid they better damn well deliver on some innovating tech for the device. Again even though I know now they bid on the nexus project the companies that have gotten make Nexus always have pushed envelope before they came with their Nexus. Furthermore their devices always hand some trademark tech add to there nexus.

Droid Nexus with gorilla glass and red accents doesn't really appeal to me... I JOKE I JOKE....seriously moto please do better than that.

Droid Nexus?

androidatic

May 7, 2010
Visit site

The original Droid is the phone that helped launch Android into the mainstream. Friends of mine that never owned a smartphone before bought a Droid and have since moved on to bigger and better Android phones.

Epiksol

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
Hmm no it wasn't a developer phone. It was new it was hot it was unlocked and bloat free. Vzw had no idea what they where getting them selves into. As soon as they reliazed it they ordered the most controversial lock on a phone the dreaded efuse on the droidX. Just after droid was released meer two months the true and as I see it only nexus came about.

This; albeit, this isn't Moto's fault.

I'll try and approach their new devices with an open mind. They need to, like Samsung, put their foot down on what software is loaded onto their phones out of the factory. As a matter of fact, all phone manufacturers should slowly start taking away the grip these carriers have over the US market!

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
This; albeit, this isn't Moto's fault.

I'll try and approach their new devices with an open mind. They need to, like Samsung, put their foot down on what software is loaded onto their phones out of the factory. As a matter of fact, all phone manufacturers should slowly start taking away the grip these carriers have over the US market!

But it'll come with MotoBlur and people will still complain about that.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
I don't really care for Motoblur, or most any other skin. Especially if it creates performance problems.

I'm just saying an OEM putting their foot down against carriers isn't going to get rid of OEM "experiences". Bloat/crapware are the carrier add-ons. TouchWiz, Sense, and MotoBlur aren't really carrier-influenced or carrier-mandated bloat.

Jaycemiskel

Trusted Member
Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
I'm just saying an OEM putting their foot down against carriers isn't going to get rid of OEM "experiences". Bloat/crapware are the carrier add-ons. TouchWiz, Sense, and MotoBlur aren't really carrier-influenced or carrier-mandated bloat.

Actually Motorola said that they would rather do stock but that Verizon demands that they skin the phone. They don't want a bunch of stock phones from OEMs.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Actually Motorola said that they would rather do stock but that Verizon demands that they skin the phone. They don't want a bunch of stock phones from OEMs.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

Yet the supposedly non-carrier influenced RAZR i has MotoBlur, just like the Verizon-influenced DROID RAZR M.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Android Central Forums

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc