Will Motorola Make the Next Nexus?

Shadowriver

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
Odp: Will Motorola Make the Next Nexus?

The fundamental flaw with that thinking is calling them "skins" when they go deeper than that.

Plus that really wouldn't get updates out that much faster because if the base breaks the skin, you still won't be getting that update right away.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Android Central Forums

Not to mention until Linux kernel ARM hardware support modularity is not fully ready each arm device require diffrent kernel compile configuration as result diffrent kernel binery.

rizzman

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
Re: Odp: Will Motorola Make the Next Nexus?

After reading all these rumored specs and info on the phone, the only question that remains is...will it get its updates straight from google just as quick as a nexus device? If yes then it is a no brainer device to pick up and upgrade any nexus one might have. If not...no thanks. I can't stand waiting months for updates after google releases them. Something tells me that a nexus will still be the best route to take if you care about having the latest software as soon as it is released by google. I will take latest software soon after it being available over specs any day of the week. Learned my lesson after owning a G2X.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
After reading all these rumored specs and info on the phone, the only question that remains is...will it get its updates straight from google just as quick as a nexus device? If yes then it is a no brainer device to pick up and upgrade any nexus one might have. If not...no thanks. I can't stand waiting months for updates after google releases them. Something tells me that a nexus will still be the best route to take if you care about having the latest software as soon as it is released by google. I will take latest software soon after it being available over specs any day of the week. Learned my lesson after owning a G2X.

It'll originate from Google simply because Google owns Motorola.

MotoBlur will still probably exist and if sold through carriers, I'd imagine some bloatware would still hold up an update.

If immediate updates are important to you, there is no reason why you shouldn't be using all Nexus devices.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

pauldroidr2d2

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I'm all for skins as long as they don't hinder the update process. I should have the option to update my OS without having to wait for crapware to be compatible. If the skin was developed like a launcher it would make things easier for everyone. DELL sells their computers with all kinds of garbage installed but I can remove it. Why should your phone be any different. And I mean without rooting.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

In my opinion the carriers are the ones who hinder the update process. Especially VZW. Just look at how they have handled the updates to the Galaxy Nexus.

pauldroidr2d2

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Re: Odp: Will Motorola Make the Next Nexus?

More than likely it will not, if it is on a carrier like VZW. They have made it common place to drag their feet and to take weeks and weeks to "approve" an update.

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
In my opinion the carriers are the ones who hinder the update process. Especially VZW. Just look at how they have handled the updates to the Galaxy Nexus.
I think Asus is the only company that gets it. Both my Transformer TF101 and Prime received the latest updates less than a month after the update was released. I've had Jelly Bean on my Transformer Prime for months. It has very little bloat ware and does exactly what it needs to. I don't see that their lack of a deep skin has impeded their product in any way.

Considering there is no carrier on these tablets definitely helps.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

rizzman

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
[/B]
It'll originate from Google simply because Google owns Motorola.

MotoBlur will still probably exist and if sold through carriers, I'd imagine some bloatware would still hold up an update.

If immediate updates are important to you, there is no reason why you shouldn't be using all Nexus devices.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

Then that will be a shame.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa