Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree16Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    Banned

ROM
    Stock for now

Default Will Motorola Make the Next Nexus?

Seems like an obvious choice to me now that Google has bought Moto.

Default Re: Will Motorola Make the Next Nexus?

Idk if they will since google said they are not going to give them any special treatment. I am sure they will have to bid for it like the other companies. It would be interesting to see a moto nexus but I think there are a lot of good possibilities and Sony could even get a bid possibly.

Global Posts
    10,408 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOSP, & stock.

I would not mind a nexus by ASUS. That would be rad.
    Thanked by 2:
    azrash 
    Darth Spock likes this.

Who made the other Nexus phone(s)? Just out of curiosity.

Also, isn't the thing with Motorola still pending? As in, they haven't actually been bought, yet?

Global Posts
    270 Global Posts
    ROM

In short, I hope so!

That's my dream phone, a Nexus by Moto. That's why I'm not wasting my money on the GN. I won't buy anything other than Moto now that I've been through them all.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by dacp283 View Post
    That's my dream phone, a Nexus by Moto. That's why I'm not wasting my money on the GN. I won't buy anything other than Moto now that I've been through them all.

may i ask you what are your top reasons for wanting a moto? i am sincerely interested.

i have owned older motos, but never any android phones. i didnt like them at all. not the screens, not the choppy feel, not the feel-in-the-hand. but i know it's possible that these new ones are entirely different... not having tried them myself. but some seem to love their android motos, and i am simply trying to understand why.
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  
    Banned

ROM
    Stock for now

Quote Originally Posted by zero. View Post
    may i ask you what are your top reasons for wanting a moto? i am sincerely interested.
    I know you didn't ask this question of me, but I will throw in my 2 cents. From what I have read here, it is because of the hardware that most people like Moto - sturdy build, excellent radio/antenna. They like the Nexus vanilla android with no manufacturer overlay that is easy to root and updates directly from Google. So a Moto Nexus would give them the hardware and the software and the quick updates they prefer.
    Thanked by:
    cmorty72#AC and jpr196 like this.

I have owned many android phones but never a Moto until the Razr. I'll go out on the limb and say that the next Nexus will definitely be a Motorola made phone. Google has shown how much interest they have in Moto and I would be beyond surprised if they choose another brand to showcase the Nexus. Top hardware and vanilla android for possibly the best phone we have seen.

Quote Originally Posted by MRW1215 View Post
    Who made the other Nexus phone(s)? Just out of curiosity.

Also, isn't the thing with Motorola still pending? As in, they haven't actually been bought, yet?
    The first nexus was by HTC, the 2nd and 3rd by Samsung..
    Yes I believe you are correct formally it is still pending.

Sent from my Motorola Photon 4G on the Now Network

Global Posts
    227 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by CarryMe View Post
    Seems like an obvious choice to me now that Google has bought Moto.
    When was this? I missed that little bit of news.

And I don't think Motorola will be making any of the Nexus phones. Their the ones mainly making the Droid phone and have their own UI. Nexus is to be the PURE google experience. Motorola does not do such a thing.
    Darth Spock likes this.
  12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #12  
    Banned

ROM
    Stock for now

Quote Originally Posted by Feaers View Post
    It's still pending due to the EU holding it up.

Once Google owns Moto, Moto will do it Google's way.

Global Posts
    23 Global Posts

And I don't think Motorola will be making any of the Nexus phones. Their the ones mainly making the Droid phone and have their own UI. Nexus is to be the PURE google experience. Motorola does not do such a thing.
    Samsung has touchwiz and HTC has sense. Just because motor has a custom UI doesn't mean they can't make a Nexus phone.

HTC also made the G1, which was basically a proto-Nexus device.

It will be very surprising if Motorola does not produce the next Nexus.

I'm really hoping for a Moto Nexus as well. Top notch hardware, combined with pure Android just sounds amazing. It'd be like the OG Droid, only better because updates would come straight from Google. I also held off on the G-Nex because I'm not a fan of Samsung's hardware. Samsung has 2 things going for them, their screens and processors.
    Thanked by 2:
  16. Thread Author  Thread Author    #16  
    Banned

ROM
    Stock for now

Quote Originally Posted by mjforte View Post
    I'm really hoping for a Moto Nexus as well. Top notch hardware, combined with pure Android just sounds amazing. It'd be like the OG Droid, only better because updates would come straight from Google.
    I bet we will get one! How long between the last Nexus and the GN?

You're forgetting the OG droid, it was pure vanilla Android. Don't speak such foolery.

Thanked by 2:
    YourMobileGuru likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by zero. View Post

i have owned older motos, but never any android phones. i didnt like them at all. not the screens, not the choppy feel, not the feel-in-the-hand. but i know it's possible that these new ones are entirely different... not having tried them myself. but some seem to love their android motos, and i am simply trying to understand why.
    Zero, as stated already, Moto simply has the best cell phone hardware out there. Their radios are top notch, build quality is amazing, and hell just look at the Razr. It's amazing what they did with it without sacrificing anything in the hardware dept and honestly the latest UI is pretty damn useful. Especially with the tasking app. I've owned a ton of Moto phones going back to the MPX200. They are always solid and functional. Mix that with pure Nexus love and hopefully quad core by the time we get to the next generation Nexus and that, I guarantee will be the best Nexus to date.

YourMobileGuru likes this.

Global Posts
    6,777 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock 4.4 (KitKat)

I would like to see a Moto Nexus. I'm sure other OEMs want to be the ones so expect Google to put every manufacturer through the paces to see who has cutting edge design and hardware.

Sent from my HERO200 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by CarryMe View Post
    I bet we will get one! How long between the last Nexus and the GN?
    A year. My next upgrade is November of next year. I can only hope that Verizon continues to offer Nexus phones in the future, and that the next one is Moto.
    Thanked by 2:

Until Moto fixes their amazingly crappy cameras I dont want one as a nexus. If they actually start putting even decent lenses in there then maybe I will be interested though.
    Thanked by 2:
    Topgonzo likes this.

Google said many times that they aren't picking favorites when it comes to the Nexus. If they wanted to play favorites, Motorola would've been the co-developer of the Nexus as Motorola stayed true to Android while all the other manufacturers played musical chairs with OSs. Google tapped Samsung on the shoulder to make the Nexus two years in a row because of money: Samsung is a well-known worldwide electronics giant (good for advertising), they pushed for devices on every major carrier and even some non-major carriers, and their Galaxy series were the top selling devices overall even with significant GPS woes.

Google has said that they aren't seeking to acquire Motorola strictly to make use of their patents or to have them make Nexus phones. This makes you wonder what Google does want Motorola for?

Perhaps Google wants to acquire Motorola to make a stand in areas other than Nexus phones...

It would be nice if they have Motorola to make a triple-A tablet. It would be even better if they have Motorola make triple-A phones.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk

Global Posts
    799 Global Posts
    ROM
    Buglessbeast/Stock

I can tell you now that the next Nexus is most likely already in the works and even if Motorola managed to win a bidding to get the next Nexus, it definetely wouldnt be because of the them being bought by Google.
    So many phones, so little time.

First off, yes they do make majority of the Droid line, but there are other manufacturers that make "Droid" branded devices.
    Second, as someone already pointed out, the OG Droid was pure vanilla android.
    Third, Samsung and HTC, who both have made Nexus devices, have their own UIs too. Samsung has Touchwiz, and HTC has Sense.

I think a moto nexus is entirely possible, and would be pretty sweet to see. Moto Nexus on Verizon would be amazing
    bigdaddytee likes this.

I love mot build quality plain and simple. but samsung is often a solid choice due to their ability to produce most of the components and give a clear freamework to googee what will be available 12 month ahead in terms of ram screen technology and memory speed. Samsung has that advantage so google and build a os based on that. And all google has to do is talk to processor produces like ti nvida etc and make a choice based on that. Moto does have the best radios but the rest of the hardware is purchased like the ram from samsung etc same for the i phone as well.
Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast