Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree6Likes
  • 5 Post By blacksapphire08
  • 1 Post By ChillFactorz
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default A Sony Nexus? Thoughts

Shoot me fo' dis if ya wanna but, I'ma dodga an'a ducka an', I garantee U gonna miss.

I'm thinking that Sony has a legitimate chance for the the next Nexus device. SE's commitment to Android and ASOP coupled with the rumored new LT28at AT&T "Ion" (4.55", 13mp cam, 720p HD reality display, 1.5ghz cpu, and LTE), shows that SE has come to the fight, ready. Samsung's next GS3 looks to be a beast but, Google has gone there twice in a row, hardware is great, build quality not so much. I'm thinking Moto, might have to wait another year to avoid, any nepotism comments. LG? NO! Sony's build quality is great, along with the camera sensors, and screens. I'm going Sony, and I'm also looking to buy the Sony Ion for AT&T, over the Note.

I'm jus' thankin' out loud hear, wha'cha thank 'bout 'dat.
    Quietly Thinking out Loud!

Default Re: A Sony Nexus? Thoughts

i think it's awesome, and i'm watching.

but with the last go-round in Nexus land, i'm committed to being patient and focusing on reception and usability first, and bells and whistles later. the bells and whistles are awesome... for me they are a cool screen, fast cpu, etc. if that Sony phone had all that AND reception/usability AND google updates, then done and done!

Global Posts
    352 Global Posts

My initial reaction to a Sony Nexus is...."Anyone but Samsung".

I know I wouldn't mind a Sony Nexus. Motorola would be at the top of my list, but Sony would be up there too. Guess we'll see what happens now that Ericsson is out of the picture.

ROM
    Speed Rom Jellybean

Might as well let Kyocera make one too while we're at it. Seriously, Sony does not have the best Android phones as every one of them has failed to penetrate the market and they quickly drop in price as a result. I would like to see HTC make another one as the first Nexus was actually quite good despite it's weak hardware specs.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Did you really go Kyocera status on that? I would like to see another HTC Nexus too but, I think they too, have been slippin' an bit: build quality (too bulky), cameras, battery size, and their designs have been looking a little funky.

The majority of consumers like to play the specs game, when buying new devices, thus leaving quality devices in the lurch. I would say that SE haven't used the newest processors in their devices, in the past, but the rest of their hardware is quality. Have you used a SE device lately, the over all user experience is, "actually quite good despite it's weak hardware specs." Take that and remove Sony's Timescape UI, ala Vanilla Android, and I would imagine an even smoother experience. I'm liking what Sony is attempting to do with their rumored new devices, and want them to succeed in the Android Game. Sony will be making a bigger splash in the Anroid market this year, compared to last year. I am expecting them to have an ICS device before HTC.
    Quietly Thinking out Loud!
    crzycrkr likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by ChillFactorz View Post
    Shoot me fo' dis if ya wanna but, I'ma dodga an'a ducka an', I garantee U gonna miss.

I'm thinking that Sony has a legitimate chance for the the next Nexus device. SE's commitment to Android and ASOP coupled with the rumored new LT28at AT&T "Ion" (4.55", 13mp cam, 720p HD reality display, 1.5ghz cpu, and LTE), shows that SE has come to the fight, ready. Samsung's next GS3 looks to be a beast but, Google has gone there twice in a row, hardware is great, build quality not so much. I'm thinking Moto, might have to wait another year to avoid, any nepotism comments. LG? NO! Sony's build quality is great, along with the camera sensors, and screens. I'm going Sony, and I'm also looking to buy the Sony Ion for AT&T, over the Note.

I'm jus' thankin' out loud hear, wha'cha thank 'bout 'dat.
    I stop reading at Sony. Nuf said

I think it's going to come down to design and build quality mainly, though Sony's expertise in screen and camera tech will certainly help as well. These are some of the main reasons why the iPhone is such a success.

For me SonyEricsson and HTC are currently the best at design and the ones who push the design envelope. The designers there seem to design more with the aim of producing something unique and beautiful whereas design seems to take a back seat with the other manufacturers who seem more intent on chasing milimetres to produce the thinnest device.

Would definitely like to see it go to Sony for a change. As beautiful as the Galaxy Nexus and the Nexus One is/was both Samsung and HTC don't seem to be evolving the design of their phones much these days.

Global Posts
    11 Global Posts

i wouldnt mind seeing a SE nexus but SE is in bed too much with Ma Bell, i wont switch carriers for a phone ever again so unless the next nexus is released on verizon as well as ATT i wont be too pressed to get my hands on it
    Former Advisor

Global Posts
    416 Global Posts

I don't see this happening anytime soon, but if there was an SE Nexus, it would be a device of EPIC proportions. Put a fast SE processor, huge screen, amazing camera, and LTE and I would buy it day one.

Android Central Advisor August 2011 - Late September 2011
    Smarty Pants

ROM
    Stock

I really comes down to who can make the best product that will represent the big G, and do that for the cheapest bid. Sammy produces there own hardware and screens, doing a pretty fine job at it too. LG is making there own L9 processors now so I would put my money on a battle between LG and Samsung
    Im T rop per and I approve this message
    Thanks for watching = T

Agreed. But I prefer Samsung more.