1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default New Phones for ATT 2012

Hello everyone! This is my first time to post on a forum, so please bear with me. I currently have an iPhone 3GS on ATT and I'm literally dying to get a new Android phone with ICS. My contracted ended months ago and I'm literally waiting to upgrade my phone. I plan to stay on ATT, just because I would like to keep my unlimited data plan. My question is, does anyone know any new phones that ATT is planning to release pre-loaded with ICS this year?

I'm looking for a phone with just a couple things:
    -sold from ATT (and hence I'll pay a lower price when upgrading)
    -capable of connecting to the LTE network
    -pre-loaded with ICS (and hence specifically designed for ICS)

I have heard of some rumors of the HTC elite being released, but I hear its not going to be released until April which is super late. I've also hearing that if the Galaxy Nexus comes to ATT, it won't be LTE compatible. I know that the mobile world congress is also coming up, but that's also more than a month away.

Thanks in advance for your help!
    Smarty Pants

ROM
    Stock

Default Re: New Phones for ATT 2012

I like personally like HTC alot I think they put out solid hardware and sense is great. But if you are looking for the stock Android feel the nexus should be on att soon if not already announced.
    Im T rop per and I approve this message
    Thanks for watching = T

ROM
    Stock

You may have some issues retaining your unlimited data plan. The plan codes for the iPhone are different once you switch to another smartphone. That may trigger AT&T to change your data plan off the grandfathered unlimited plan, to something of the current lineup.

I hope it works out, and i agree with HTC products, good stuff.

Global Posts
    3,435 Global Posts
    ROM
    Android 4.4.2

I'm also an AT&T person. I've pretty much decided that the HTC Vivid would be a great upgrade from my iPhone4. I can't wait to go Android, and i've found the people in these forums to be very helpful and friendly.
    Give yourself, to the Dark Side!

ROM
    DJ ICS 1.03

Quote Originally Posted by TropicalSammich View Post
    You may have some issues retaining your unlimited data plan. The plan codes for the iPhone are different once you switch to another smartphone. That may trigger AT&T to change your data plan off the grandfathered unlimited plan, to something of the current lineup.

This is not a cause for concern.

There is no problem moving from an iPhone with unlimited data on AT&T to a different smartphone and keeping your unlimited data.

Global Posts
    137 Global Posts

@ Tropper

Is there any kind of confirmation indicating that galaxy nexus will be offered by ATT at the subsidized prices?
    Last edited by baidya; 01-20-2012 at 12:49 PM. Reason: typos

ROM
    Rooted AOSP JB on all

Quote Originally Posted by TropicalSammich View Post

I've seen it done quite a lot. Should be zero problem. If anyone gives him trouble, he can try again. The amount of reps that would give him trouble though should be tiny.

Quote Originally Posted by baidya View Post
    @ Tropper

Is there any kind of confirmation indicating that galaxy nexus will be offered by ATT at the subsidized prices?
    No, but they have gotten the last two, after all the new excitement dies down.

Global Posts
    137 Global Posts

@ E_man:

I thought even the earlier nexus' (nexus one and nexus S) were never offered directly by ATT. Nexus One was available for all to buy direct from google for full price and nexus S was offered by best buy(not att) at subsidized price...

Quote Originally Posted by Kathu248 View Post
    Hello everyone! This is my first time to post on a forum, so please bear with me. I currently have an iPhone 3GS on ATT and I'm literally dying to get a new Android phone with ICS...
    Check out the Phone Comparison.

All of the top phones from the past 6 months should get ICS. Just don't get stuck with a low def small screen.
    Milo
    ← Tap Getting Started at the top of any page for help with:
    - Settings - Email - Backup Everything - Phone - Messaging - Music & Photo Sync
    - Keyboards Folders - Favorite Apps - Extending Battery Life - My Avatar
    - iPhone User's Guide to Android - (Palm) - Tablet & Phone Comparison - Epic4GT - ATT - TM
    If this helped, please click Thanks & Like↓

Quote Originally Posted by Kathu248 View Post
    Hello everyone! This is my first time to post on a forum, so please bear with me. I currently have an iPhone 3GS on ATT and I'm literally dying to get a new Android phone with ICS. My contracted ended months ago and I'm literally waiting to upgrade my phone. I plan to stay on ATT, just because I would like to keep my unlimited data plan. My question is, does anyone know any new phones that ATT is planning to release pre-loaded with ICS this year?

I'm looking for a phone with just a couple things:
    -sold from ATT (and hence I'll pay a lower price when upgrading)
    -capable of connecting to the LTE network
    -pre-loaded with ICS (and hence specifically designed for ICS)

I have heard of some rumors of the HTC elite being released, but I hear its not going to be released until April which is super late. I've also hearing that if the Galaxy Nexus comes to ATT, it won't be LTE compatible. I know that the mobile world congress is also coming up, but that's also more than a month away.

Thanks in advance for your help!
    I agree with the post above me, as well as the poster who recommended the HTC Vivid.

HTC is who you want to go with. Their phones are far better than any of the competition, and the screen quality is superior in displaying TRUE COLORS instead of the blue cast that all the samsung phones have.

The Vivid comes with a 4.5 qHD screen and a 1.2ghz dual core processor, as well as an 8mp rear camera, and a 1.3mp front-facing cam. It also is LTE equipped. Although it does not currently come with ICS, no phone currently offered by att does. HTC/ATT have promised ICS updates early this year, and this will definitely be one of the ones updated, since it was only released in Nov. 2011. This phone is a solid piece of machinery, and I am very excited to be upgrading from my current HTC Inspire 4g to this device in a few weeks time.

Glad to hear you are making the transition away from iOS. I'm sure you will find Android a vastly superior operating system. Welcome to the family.

Yeah definitely welcome to the android family. What about the Samsung galaxy s2. Or the skyrocket. Both are great phones from Samsung. I havethe GS2 and I couldn't be happier with the quality of it.
    Smarty Pants

ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by baidya View Post
    @ Tropper

E man is right, plus they have an LTE version on Verizon don't see why they would pass on att getting one.
    Im T rop per and I approve this message
    Thanks for watching = T

I myself would wait for the Skyrocket HD or the HTC Congressional that is coming supposedly to ATT first () before I would get anything that ATT has right now. I have a Nexus S and have been waiting for something that pushes the spec boundaries since July '11 to come to ATT. Nothing has done that yet.

i myself am waiting to go to the galaxy note yumi

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus

Atrix 3 rumors sound promising for ATT customers