Verizon Galaxy Journal

mountainman

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
I love the note but i sadly am on vzn and cant get a definitive answer as if to see when they get it. I have told by samsung that its an att exclusive. I would sell my right arm for one.

I know lots of friends who are thinking of switching to AT&T for this. It is tempting, but VZW service here is just too awesome to switch. I think Samsung is on to something with this form factor.

Sprint might get it ==> Samsung's Galaxy Note 'phablet' seemingly coming soon to Sprint

trivor

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
For a "Niche" they sold 5 million world wide in the first 5 months. For all the WP7 fanbois they are excited about 2 million Lumia 900s (FREE on contract with WVGA, only 16GB on board and I'll concede the the 1.4 GHz is enough to run the OS BUT more than 512K of RAM would have been nice to keep a few more apps in memory/suspended so they don't take so long to restrart.

lpt2569

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
Every time I see the Note in a store, I am drawn to it like a moth to a...well...Note! :D I never thought a 5" phone would be of any interest to me, but damn this device is awesome!

If VZW gets this, AND the GSIII, AND the new iPhone, this coming fall/holiday shopping time, its gonna be mobile wrestlemania!

corymcnutt

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
Every time I see the Note in a store, I am drawn to it like a moth to a...well...Note! :D I never thought a 5" phone would be of any interest to me, but damn this device is awesome!

If VZW gets this, AND the GSIII, AND the new iPhone, this coming fall/holiday shopping time, its gonna be mobile wrestlemania!

I couldn't agree more! There has just been NO mention in the past couple months that we will get the Note/Journal on Verizon...I hope they get it, but with the updated S3 processor, memory, etc.

mnor

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
With the rumor of the Sprint release of the Galaxy Note later this summer, does this mean that the Verizon Galaxy journal will soon follow?

Been holding out with my verizon upgrade for this phone/tablet.

MrSmith317

Mr Fix-It
Mar 1, 2010
Visit site
I think the Verizon Galaxy Memoir would be a great idea. They might needs to thicken it up for the LTE radio though. And if they do that, maybe add some extra battery since LTE is going to chew up as much as possible.

lpt2569

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
I think the Verizon Galaxy Memoir would be a great idea. They might needs to thicken it up for the LTE radio though. And if they do that, maybe add some extra battery since LTE is going to chew up as much as possible.

I have no problem with any of that!

Would VZW LTE radio actually add more thickness over the AT&T 4G radio?

lpt2569

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
So here is a very typical review from BestBuy, and these reviews are everywhere...

Awesome phone, with limitless capabilities! I switched from a iphone 4 to the note and love it. The screen size and use of one hand to navigate is tricky.... If you have big hands you shouldn't have a problem. Now as far as phone quality and screen clarity NOTHING LIKE IT! I can't believe I haven't switched to android OS phones earlier... Sorry but I'm hooked!

I am so on board with this device if it comes to Verizon, especially if the new iPhone is more of the same again. Although the GSIII might be an option as well. Fall cannot come quickly enough for me!

MrSmith317

Mr Fix-It
Mar 1, 2010
Visit site

If memory serves correctly the LTE radio phones are usually a few MM thicker than the 4G(HSPA+) phones. You can see it in the Galaxy Nexus(CMDA) vs Galaxy Nexus(GSM). It could just be a Samsung thing so who knows. Either way additional battery life is a must.

Reactions: lpt2569

borgdog

Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
Originally Posted by lpt2569

If memory serves correctly the LTE radio phones are usually a few MM thicker than the 4G(HSPA+) phones. You can see it in the Galaxy Nexus(CMDA) vs Galaxy Nexus(GSM). It could just be a Samsung thing so who knows. Either way additional battery life is a must.

Well, actually since AT&T's Note is LTE in addition to HSPA+, it should not add any thickness.

borgdog

Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
To add to the rumor mill, I was told last night by a phone sales person at Best Buy when seriously considering jumping to ATT for the Note that her cell corporate insiders (one of whom is her mom) say that t-mobile will be selling the Note in June and VZW and Sprint to follow in a month or two after. Take it for what it's worth.

Geikamir

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
To add to the rumor mill, I was told last night by a phone sales person at Best Buy when seriously considering jumping to ATT for the Note that her cell corporate insiders (one of whom is her mom) say that t-mobile will be selling the Note in June and VZW and Sprint to follow in a month or two after. Take it for what it's worth.

It better come with a huge price drop and/or a noticeable hardware upgrade or it's going to be a flop, IMO. It's been out too long for people to pay that much for yesterdays technology.

Reactions: Arun01

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38