What carriers in the U.S.? HTC One-X

blacksapphire08

May 2, 2010
Visit site
I've been wanting to upgrade for over a year now and so far not many great phones have made it to Sprint in that time. I really hope the HTC One-X or something like it finds it's way to Sprint cause seriously the only really good one we've had is the Samsung Galaxy Epic Touch in the last year.

hal1

Dec 1, 2009
Visit site
AT&T, and it will only be dual core in the U.S. as the quad-core doesn't do LTE here. What a waste.

mtmjr90

Apr 17, 2010
Visit site
Is too much to hope for pentaband GSM support (in a world variant)? I don't care about LTE, but I want to use it on T-Mo...the One S doesn't quite do it for me=/

blacksapphire08

May 2, 2010
Visit site
So basically Sprint might as well be circling the drain then? No new phones and their service seems to be getting worse in my area. I have a friend with T-mobile that gets better service than I do, it's just pathetic.

mtmjr90

Apr 17, 2010
Visit site
So basically Sprint might as well be circling the drain then? No new phones and their service seems to be getting worse in my area. I have a friend with T-mobile that gets better service than I do, it's just pathetic.

And they're probably paying less;)

Seriously though, I switched from Sprint to Verizon and I'm not only paying less, but I've got stronger, faster service just about everywhere...oh and better hardware choices.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

tsak6789

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
And they're probably paying less;)

Seriously though, I switched from Sprint to Verizon and I'm not only paying less, but I've got stronger, faster service just about everywhere...oh and better hardware choices.

Can you convince my wife please? She doesn't want to drop Sprint for Verizon because she had a bad experience like 10 years ago...

ctc799

Jan 16, 2012
Visit site
I'm happy AT&T is finally getting a phone that I want right from it's announcement. We still don't have a Galaxy Nexus, instead we're going to get a third GSII variant. :-\

I'm digging the One X, but I'm afraid about battery life after HTC's recent phones.

blacksapphire08

May 2, 2010
Visit site
How are you paying less on Verizon?

Yeah no kidding. I looked into that and they want $30 more a month for the same service (obviously not unlimited data though). However, I can join my family's plan and pay the same rate I am now.

I had bad experiences with T-Mobile in the past but from what I can tell they seem to have really improved their service in this area. Not to sound like a HTC fanboy but I really like their phones (well most of them anyway) and the only two that they released on Sprint last year were the EVO shift (lame) and the EVO 3D which doesnt interest me.

mtmjr90

Apr 17, 2010
Visit site
How are you paying less on Verizon?

I use Google Voice for texting but Sprint wouldn't let me NOT pay for SMS. So I'm paying $34.99 for like 200 mins and $29.99 for unlimited data (I weasled my way into that). ....I'd try for less minutes if I could, but they won't let me.

Not only that, I hit 43 Mbps down. VZW's LTE is absurdly fast. Absurdly.

Sent from my HTC Radar using Board Express

Last edited:

cfbauer

Jul 2, 2011
Visit site
What's the point buying the One X on Sprint without the Tegra 3? It will most certainly be out in summer, probably late summer, and very likely well after the Galaxy Nexus. Looks like my first Android will be the Nexus, even if it is 6 months old by the time it debuts.

Lorak

Jun 27, 2010
Visit site
Beacause the S4 chip beats the tegra in almost every benchmark?

Small battery and no sd slot make this a non buy for me. But the dual core s4 is fine.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

mtmjr90

Apr 17, 2010
Visit site
Beacause the S4 chip beats the tegra in almost every benchmark?

Small battery and no sd slot make this a non buy for me. But the dual core s4 is fine.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

I agree that the assumption that Tegra is inherently better is flawed, but I would mention that although I was not thrilled to lose my SD on my Galaxy Nexus, I've learned to live without it.

As for battery, I really was hoping manufacturers would take the hint from the RAZR Maxx and include ridiculously large batteries in phones...guess that isn't happening:( Still though, I've lived with mediocre battery life on Android for two years now so I don't see it as enough of a reason not to buy the One X.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Landers2