My only real complaint with Android!

zrxoa1

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
I started with my Incredible. Love that phone but switched to iPhone 4 for a few reasons. Now ready to go back to android and 4g and start looking on Verizon and decided on the Rezound. Get ready to go get one and now hear the Incredible 3 is coming soon. I would prefer it due to my love of original Incredible. But that is the problem with Android phones. 6 or 7 months and they get topped and start to lose support of aftermarket for the new hotter version.

pingplayer01

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
I started with my Incredible. Love that phone but switched to iPhone 4 for a few reasons. Now ready to go back to android and 4g and start looking on Verizon and decided on the Rezound. Get ready to go get one and now hear the Incredible 3 is coming soon. I would prefer it due to my love of original Incredible. But that is the problem with Android phones. 6 or 7 months and they get topped and start to lose support of aftermarket for the new hotter version.

There is no official date for the Incredible 3 yet. But when it comes out, two or three months later it will be old and there will be something better. But thats the way with everything from cell phones to televisions and computers. The HTC Rezound is a great phone, it's the best on Verizon right now (opinion). And for the $200 price tag, its very worth it. And when the Incredible 3 comes out, it will most likely be $300. And "Incredible" is just the name. All HTC phones are basically the same becasue of Sense.

Last edited:

blacksapphire08

May 2, 2010
Visit site
Like the iPhone is any different? They have a new version every year. Besides nobody is forcing you to upgrade. I kept my HTC Hero for 2.5 years and finally upgraded to my HTC Amaze. Rooting and ROMing a phone can also greatly extend it's life as well.

E_Cross

Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
it's funny how choice is one of the biggest advantages of android and one of the most annoying

android has more releases, Apple controls their OS so only one big new phone is out at a time, and they continue to support the old phones as much as it can, soon there will be different iPhones (supposedly).

But just realize that pushing the envelope is only helpful in the long run, competition is good, look at how far android has come since the first phone, and look at the rate at which everything expands and grows.

I feel the same way that's why I started robbing middle schoolers for the latest phones...
just kidding.

zrxoa1

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
I was quite happy with my Incredible. I bought my wife the iphone 4 as in upgrade from her Samsung fascinate because it was glitchy. After a few months she wanted to go back to her fascinate because she liked it better. At the same time I was having problems pulling in a good signal at work with my DInc. I noticed others with iPhones (all of us on Verizon) seemed to be getting better data signal. So I put my wife back on her Fascinate and I switched to the iPhone, to see if it did any better. It didn't really but I got used to it and enjoyed some of the perks of Iphone ownership (apps or versions of apps that android doesn't get and multitude of accessories).

My DInc is rooted and running CM7 and is great except for data speeds. That is where my problem is now. Where I live, even with 3-5 bars (-65 to -89) I can only get around average of 0.75mbps download speed. At work I can barely get 0.30mbps while those with AT&T are routinely getting 3-5mbps. 4g has finally reached my area so I am hoping to pick up my lost ability to download YouTube videos and such with the 4g.

When looking to order the Rezound (which I just did a few hours ago, can always send it back) I recalled how proud I was to have the DInc, which I did a preorder for, only to have it deemed outdated a few months later. One year later and it was nearly obsolete as far as the industry was concerned. And look at the Rezound... It came out in what, November last year? Already being replaced. Life moves a bit too fast in the android world. Motorola is pathetic my opinion, with five or six versions at Verizon? I mean really??

But in the end, as nice as the stability of iOS is, I do prefer the flexibility of android. The only thIng really holding me to the iPhone, funny as it sounds, is Dice with Buddies. Haha. A bunch of us at work play, even doing tournaments, and it is not yet available on Android.

Another plus of the iPhone is being used at work.... We have a speaker set up with the iPhone/iPod dock set up and it is nice as everyone can take their turn sticking their iPhone in there and listening to lots of different music. But I have an 80gb iPod classic that I use leaving me free to enjoy android again. LOL

I will have the Rezound by 10:30am tomorrow. Get it charged and set up by the time I go to work tomorrow night then see what 4G speed is like at work and here at home!

MrSmith317

Mr Fix-It
Mar 1, 2010
Visit site
The Rezound has great network connectivity. By far the best radios of this generation of phones. The biggest problem is that the phone was plagued with bad handsets(overheating, no signal, bootlooping). So if you get a good one, great...if not, keep returning them until you do.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance