So who do you guys want building the next Nexus?

shingi_70

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Simple question. After seeing the razr maxx and the htc one series I really hope htc or moto gets a shot at the nexus this year. Maybe the GSIII will impress but the others have steped their game up.

As for what I want in the phone.

1. Good to great camera. (Its the flasgship)
2. Great scrren (now sure what's better super lcd or amoled)
3. Non removable battery.
4.nicro SD slot.

jaguar10301

Mar 29, 2012
Visit site
why do you want a non-removable battery? I want to swap batteries, plus when working on my phone if I mess something up and it gets frozen i need to pull the battery to restart it.

Speedygi

Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
I wanna see LG take a crack at it haha :)

But the HTC one X is beautiful and I think if HTC does a quad core phone for Jelly Bean I will be happy enough.

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
HTC.

LG...meh. The Chocolate really ruined me in that I will never consider them to be a decent manufacturer. I'm sure that's wrong/naive, but meh.

How about as a wild/odd ball--ASUS?

Speedygi

Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
HTC.

LG...meh. The Chocolate really ruined me in that I will never consider them to be a decent manufacturer. I'm sure that's wrong/naive, but meh.

How about as a wild/odd ball--ASUS?

ASUS is interesting but I don't see them really surpassing anyone else (and certainly not Motorola or LG) for the Nexus line.

Basis

Apr 13, 2010
Visit site
Aye I hear ya...Atrix 2 and Droid 4 really disappointed me with the pentiles...

The Atrix 2... having a disappointing pentile display?! Are you kidding me? It doesn't have pentile, it uses a standard LCD and the screen it uses is one of the best screens found on any Motorola phone.

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
The Atrix 2... having a disappointing pentile display?! Are you kidding me? It doesn't have pentile, it uses a standard LCD and the screen it uses is one of the best screens found on any Motorola phone.

Yes. The RAZR, on the other hand, looks like a Game Boy Color in comparison to the Atrix 2.

Zorachus

Apr 25, 2011
Visit site
I would like to see Motorola get a chance, mainly for their awesome radio hardware, they seem to make the best chipset for great network connection, and are best on the battery life.

Samsung has had two Nexus releases already, would be shocked if they get a third in a row. I would think the Nexus-4 Jellybean will be built by HTC or Motorola.

But rumors last year were that LG and Sony were also in the running for Android 4 ICS, would hate to see a LG Nexus, but a Sony Nexus would be interesting.

If am I betting hard cold cash on this, I say it's 50/50 HTC or Motorola

movieman742

Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
I really am hoping for a Motorola handset. Love Motorola, had the X since day one up till the other day, holding out for an awesome new Moto phone.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
I honestly don't care who makes the next one. The nexus line has lost some of its luster with the vzw fiasco. I want the best hardware wise phone at the time, since updates dont seem to be coming that fast to cdma nexus devices

Lemmy666

Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
I'd like to see a Motorola built Nexus, but after seeing their screens I don't want to have to deal with that.

I love my GNex, but I don't want Samsung to have a third Nexus.

I don't want LG or any of the smaller companies anywhere near it.

So I guess I'm stuck between HTC and Sony. Hmm... I'd say they're about even.

On a side note does anyone else want some sweet Krait cores in the next Nexus?

Reactions: dmmarck

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
I'd like to see a Motorola built Nexus, but after seeing their screens I don't want to have to deal with that.

I love my GNex, but I don't want Samsung to have a third Nexus.

I don't want LG or any of the smaller companies anywhere near it.

So I guess I'm stuck between HTC and Sony. Hmm... I'd say they're about even.

On a side note does anyone else want some sweet Krait cores in the next Nexus?

Perfectly stated.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk

jroc

Jun 26, 2010
Visit site
Motorola. Asus sounds good. LG and Sony too.

First pick would be Motorola tho. Overall I think its time for some new ppl to make a nexus.