Why no 4 inch or less quad core or dual core phone?

Speedygi

Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
I so look forward to OEMs doing a four inch equivalent of the top end Android phones, but it seems the whole industry is moving towards the bigger screens...

Is there any hope for "girly hand" me?

EggoEspada

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
Isn't Samsung launching something with the model number GT-I9300, which is a 4" HD phone with dual core? That's the rumor anyway.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus

blacksapphire08

May 2, 2010
Visit site
Cause they can cram a bigger screen into the same size phone so why wouldnt they? The only phones with larger screens that are kinda big are the Galaxy Note and some of Verizon's "Slate" smartphones.

Speedygi

Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
Htc one X was too big for my hands, based on the time I tried it in a store today...and I'm not being anal about it but I wished the HTC one V had the same insides.

anon(19759)

Trusted Member
Apr 30, 2010
Visit site
I've read the new droid Incredible 4G will be 4" like the di2. I hate anything bigger than 4, and in fact, the 3.7 original droid Inc is the perfect size in my opinion.

dmark44

Mar 2, 2012
Visit site
As much as I loved my original DInc, I felt it was slightly too narrow. With the silicone case the width was perfect. I think a phone with a 4" screen is the sweet spot for me. That said, I couldn't hold out til the end if April, so I ended up with a Rezound, and you get accustomed to the 4.3" screen pretty quick. Couldn't imagine going any wider or heavier than this though...

Speedygi

Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
I'm actually liking my HTC One V so much even though it's a step down from my Nexus S in terms of screen size, I guess I'm more accustomed to the smaller phones than the bigger ones.. At least for daily use

Sent from my HTC One V using Tapatalk 2

dwaynewilliams#WN

Feb 17, 2010
Visit site
When I went to the AT&T store to look at the Galaxy Note I had to laugh at it because it was goofy big. I have had an EVO and Rezound, but I liked the size of my Nexus S 4G the best. The extra screen real estate is nice for some things but I wouldn't want to have a phone that big all the time. Especially now that I have an iPad, I really don't need the extra size on my phone.

IceDree

= I C E D R E E = ?
Jul 1, 2010
Visit site
The DROID 4 have a 4" screen with good specs too :
- 1.2 GHz OMAP 4430 dual-core CPU
- 1GB RAM
- 8MP 1080p rear camera & 1.3MP 720p front one
- LTE
- SD Card
- HDMI & Webtop mode/app

Its basically a smaller RAZR

IceDree

= I C E D R E E = ?
Jul 1, 2010
Visit site
Also the Sony Xperia NXT line :

- Xperia Sola have a 3.7" screen

- Xperia P have a 4" screen

- Xperia U have a 3.5" screen

EDIT : All of them are Dual core , but NOT all of them are using Snapdragon

Last edited:

phlyphish

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
I agree wholeheartedly with the theme of this thread. However, despite the 4" screen the Droid 4 is still too big IMHO.

It's not so much the size of the screen that's important to those of us who want our phones to be a bit smaller. It's the overall size that's the most important thing.

I love my Incredible 2 and for me the size is perfect. But the specs are becoming outdated (no LTE, 1 Ghz processor, etc.).

So I'm really looking forward to the release of rumored Inc 3. Still with a 4" screen, LTE, and a 1.2 Ghz processor. I'd rather see a faster processor, but at least it will be an improvement and I expect it will get me through the next couple of years.

I even had a Thunderbolt for a while but it was just too thick, heavy and bulky for my taste. Even though HTC did a fantastic job of putting a 4.3 inch screen on a relatively small phone overall. If the Thunderbolt were thinner and lighter, I wouldn't balk at all about the 4.3 inch screen.