Galaxy III vs Droid Fighter for Verizon Wireless

dubhe420

Apr 21, 2012
Visit site
Well like many people, Im due for a phone upgrade:D

Tis a happy time... a time much like christmas when I was a kid -

So many great choices- and like many of you I am very much interested in the Galaxy S3 and Droid Fighter aka droid razr maxx hd.

Which phone do you expect to arrive at verizon first ?
&
Which phone would you pick (based on rumored specs) ?

decisions.. decisions... :cool:

movieman742

Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
I'm waiting for the better spec'd phone. They'll both come out within a few months of each other so why not just wait a couple more. Especially if the S3 has the quad core which I doubt the fighter will have.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
I think the fighter will arrive first. And unless samsung has an exynos processor which can run with lte I think they both will have the s4 processor so they should be relatively close in that regard. All will depend which one you like better.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Considering there's no official word about either device, I couldn't really pick one.

But one can dream.

3rdpig

Mar 26, 2011
Visit site
Assuming past history,

Samsung build quality vs. Moto build quality
Samsung radio vs. Moto radio
Samsung speaker and mic vs. Moto speaker and mic.

Those three points alone would make me go Moto. I've been totally underwhelmed with every device Samsung has released for Verizon, including the GNex.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Assuming past history,

Samsung build quality vs. Moto build quality
Samsung radio vs. Moto radio
Samsung speaker and mic vs. Moto speaker and mic.

Those three points alone would make me go Moto. I've been totally underwhelmed with every device Samsung has released for Verizon, including the GNex.

Totally agreed.

MrSmith317

Mr Fix-It
Mar 1, 2010
Visit site
Tell us how you really feel....lol

I personally wait at least a week on all new phone purchases. I waited on the RAZR, bad news. I waited on the Rezound(and bought it), I heard nothing but people crying after they bought their Galaxy Nexii. So I made the right call. My advice would be to wait until these are real physical devices in people's hands and find out what issues they have, and you can live with. And who knows, maybe something else will come by and take your mind off them in the meantime.

wscaddie56

Dec 18, 2010
Visit site
Totally agreed.

as an omnia, fascinate and charge owner i agree 100000%. Very disapointed that sammy looks like they will get the next nexus phone.

HTC and Moto, please give us a solid option for us VZ customers that can't take another sammy, I mean the nexus will get updated on time but it still has audio issues.

lpt2569

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
as an omnia, fascinate and charge owner i agree 100000%. Very disapointed that sammy looks like they will get the next nexus phone.

As a Fascinate and Charge owner, after they were rooted and ROMMED, I can say I am a huge fan of the potential Samsung builds into their devices, once you know how to get your phone to reach that potential. But stock Samsung phones are crap, for the most part (SGSII and GNex not included, although I'm sure some will argue they are crap as well), which is unfortunate, knowing what they are capable of doing.

I think if someone is due for an upgrade soon, it's worth the wait to see what is actually released over the next few months. There is a good chance we will not see any new top notch devices until late summer or fall. Obviously my tastes lean towards picking a Samsung device.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol