LG Optimus Elite views?

DraeHD

Jan 2, 2012
Visit site
Virgin Mobile USA: LG Optimus Elite Android Phone | Virgin Mobile USA

F7fIf.png

Well seeing as it's not a "RUMORED" device but a coming device, what are your views on it?

I did see other threads but I chose to disregard those since this thread is asking a question.

Does it remind you of the iPhone build to an extent? Give me your views.

_Severability_

May 2, 2012
Visit site
If it has a "I" in front of it I generally just turn off to it and I don't follow the apple at all so idk..

If 4G isn't needed and you don't mind a handset that isn't supported for root go for it.. Hopefully the dev's will pick it up fast and it plays nice..
Looks like it's a good handset and the battery specs on the Elite are great over the Triumph and others!! Like 7.2 hrs talk time and up to 10 days on stand by vs 4hrs on the Triumph I believe..

It's too little and way too late for any of us waiting on the 4G stuff coming out on VM and Boost in the next few weeks who have been with Vm for a while now imo.. 4ish" sceens are close to mid size now on the big boy 4G carriers (ATT, VERIZON etc..) handset selection so 3.5" over the 3.2" the OV had is not going to interest me at all and a 800 MHz processor when 1 GHz is getting old?? meh....

For parents and ppl that are on a tight budget that want the best pre-paid 3G smartphone that they can afford and not pay 4G prices for their kids or themselves this handset will be a savior and that's it's target anyways.. The OV was way more when it came out like $229.99.. Saw the Elite in Walmart here for $149.99 + Tax.. Amazing..

It's a powerful super budget 3G smartphone trying to bridge the gap between 3G to 4G in areas that don't have 4G now so it's purpose will be short lived I hope.. However I suspect in fact it will be long lived like the OV with past growth of VM (Sprint) on pre-paid data speeds in rural areas being any indicator.. VM has 1 review on thier site for the Optimus Elite when I last checked and it is a 5!!

A year or 2 ago this handset would have ruled the VM roost (except a rooted Triumph) as it has GB 2.3 I do believe but still have not confirmed!! In the very near future the Optimus Elite will be very old news for most of us here.. And to many more out there already is..

Last edited: