New HTC Flagship phone for VZW?

brewzer

Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
I will preface my post with I don't know how true this is or isn't and you can take it how you want it. I am just passing along information that was given to me by a Tech Support Coordinator Manager at VZW. I am not happy with my current carrier, Sprint, but I don't want to go to VZW when their phones basically aren't any better than my original EVO 4G. SO I asked when they were going to have a phone come out that can compete with the EVO 4G LTE and here is his response, again, take it as you want to...

There is a unnamed HTC phone coming out that is probably going to be the next flagship phone from HTC and also the incredible 4g is coming. I don't have any specs or dates but I know its close from some leaks I read. Problem is Apple has some patent issue with HTC which is slowing things down last I heard. You really never know in this industry.

Of course we are all too familiar with the Apple/HTC patent issue but that seems to be getting resolved slowly. I guess time will tell but I hope there is truth to this because I am ready to switch carriers.

MrSmith317

Mr Fix-It
Mar 1, 2010
Visit site
You currently have the Rezound which is pretty awesome, and soon to be followed by the One styled Incredible 4G. There's no mystery about it.

P.S. Most Verizon employees are clueless. Forum readers know more about Verizon's lineup and update schedule than they do.

brewzer

Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
You currently have the Rezound which is pretty awesome, and soon to be followed by the One styled Incredible 4G. There's no mystery about it.

P.S. Most Verizon employees are clueless. Forum readers know more about Verizon's lineup and update schedule than they do.

I agree, and that's why I have some sceptism about his claim of a new HTC flagship phone for VZW, because I didn't see anything on this forum about it. ;) I know about the Incredible but he seems to be saying there is another HTC phone coming?

Forget it, I just saw where they said there will be a HTC phone designed like the One series so I assume that is what my friend is referring to. My bad. :-[

Last edited:

babytazz18

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site

I agree, and that's why I have some sceptism about his claim of a new HTC flagship phone for VZW, because I didn't see anything on this forum about it. ;) I know about the Incredible but he seems to be saying there is another HTC phone coming?

Forget it, I just saw where they said there will be a HTC phone designed like the One series so I assume that is what my friend is referring to. My bad. :-[

LOL! i know this is a little far-fetched but wouldn't it be great if there were a high end flagship htc device coming after the incredible 4g drops. one similar to the one x/evo 4g lte making a summer debut to vzw.

brewzer

Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
LOL! i know this is a little far-fetched but wouldn't it be great if there were a high end flagship htc device coming after the incredible 4g drops. one similar to the one x/evo 4g lte making a summer debut to vzw.

That seems to be what he was saying. I'll keep my figners crossed but I'm not going to hold my breath. :confused:;):p

XDCX

May 14, 2011
Visit site

I'm betting this is exactly what will happen.

I'm not in the wireless industry but my bet is HTC cut AT&T and Sprint a special deal where they would have exclusivity to the One X and the EVO LTE. After a period of four to six months Verizon will get their own variant so they have something to offer the HTC Thunderbolt customers who will be coming off-contract.

Additionally, Verizon and Motorola are tight and I'm betting that Motorola will get a period of exclusivity where their new RAZR HD is the hottest phone on Verizon. That said, even if/when Verizon gets a high-end HTC phone I don't think it will be heavily promoted - similar to what's happened with the HTC Rezound.

babytazz18

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site

I'm not in the wireless industry but my bet is HTC cut AT&T and Sprint a special deal where they would have exclusivity to the One X and the EVO LTE. After a period of four to six months Verizon will get their own variant so they have something to offer the HTC Thunderbolt customers who will be coming off-contract.

Additionally, Verizon and Motorola are tight and I'm betting that Motorola will get a period of exclusivity where their new RAZR HD is the hottest phone on Verizon. That said, even if/when Verizon gets a high-end HTC phone I don't think it will be heavily promoted - similar to what's happened with the HTC Rezound.

Yeah, but even if it's not promoted I'm quite sure word will get out about it just like with the rezound. Plus it will spread through here like wildfires. lol!

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site

Unless this mythical high-end HTC device gets DROID branding, it won't get promoted as hard as the DROID RAZR line and DROID Incredible line.

The original Thunderbolt was probably an exception, since it was the first LTE phone.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Android Central Forums

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, but even if it's not promoted I'm quite sure word will get out about it just like with the rezound. Plus it will spread through here like wildfires. lol!

But posters here are the 1%.

babytazz18

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
But posters here are the 1%.

True...well I say if it's true and it does happen then all of us go to various verizon stores in our areas overnight and switch all the posters and demo units to this device. lol.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae