Galaxy note 2 or I phone 5

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
Nope it is just overrated and overhyped. It is a device with few things going for it, but yet it is talked about like it is the second coming. It not only is bad on its own, but it sets a terrible example for future phones.

Tell you what. I will match the N4 with my s3 feature for feature and we shall see which gives more options and a more well rounded user experience.

Sent from the nexus of the Android world, the SGS3.
90% of people buying the N4 are doing it purely for updates, hackability and price. Nothing more. The Note 2 blows everything out of the water with features and the S3 is an awesome phone, but after having a SGS2 I got tired of waiting for updates. And adding custom Roms aren't everyone's cup of tea. If you like the S3 then that's awesome. I love the N4 and being carrier free for half the price.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

sr2012

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
One X rooted with custom ROM is very good value plus I feel better than iPhone 5 in several ways. S3 and N2 not to my taste and was more expensive anyway.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
Take hackability out of it and you are right. The thing is though that all the negatives with the n4 outweigh those two positives. I won't even go into all the threads from users with the updates complaining about how many issues they are having.

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
You got a hate on for the N4. Not sure why. It too delicate for you?

Lol... I just was catching up on posts in other forums. I guess that the N4 being delicate is on your mind a lot

blitz118

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
Between those two?

iPhone 5.

The Note is just stupidly oversized and I can't stand Samsungs flimsy plastic build quality and I hate TouchWiz.

I'm not crazy about the iPhone, but I can't imagine having a Note as my daily driver. No way.

I don't think you've held the Note 2. The one thing the Note 2 is not and that is flimsy/cheap feeling. You might not like the size, which I love, but the phone does not feel cheap.

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
The cheap feel comment is just common amongst Samsung haters. Though I admit the feel is different, it isn't bad

Encerspay45

Feb 18, 2012
Visit site
I've always loved the fluidity and simplicity of the iPhone. The retina display always amazed me, too.
The great thing about the iPhone is that specs don't always matter, because iOS is optimized especially for the iPhone.
That optimization is something android will never have, and android phones will have to rely on insane processors and large amounts of RAM to run 4.1 as smoothly as the iPhone 5 runs iOS6.
But I still love the screen of the Galaxy S3, and the freedom of its software, along with its nifty features to make it my phone of choice.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2

sr2012

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
I've always loved the fluidity and simplicity of the iPhone. The retina display always amazed me, too.
The great thing about the iPhone is that specs don't always matter, because iOS is optimized especially for the iPhone.
That optimization is something android will never have, and android phones will have to rely on insane processors and large amounts of RAM to run 4.1 as smoothly as the iPhone 5 runs iOS6.
But I still love the screen of the Galaxy S3, and the freedom of its software, along with its nifty features to make it my phone of choice.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2

Actually no. If you know how to do it Android offers a very compelling experience eg my HTC phone now. Amazingly fast, Trickster mod and custom ROM it's even now cooler in temperature.

This screen is also unbelievable like the iPad 3 screen but almost 5 inches and in a smartphone form factor.

Sent from my HTC One X using Android Central Forums

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
Take hackability out of it and you are right. The thing is though that all the negatives with the n4 outweigh those two positives. I won't even go into all the threads from users with the updates complaining about how many issues they are having.

I'm not sure what all the negatives are that you speak of. It is more breakable but all phones break. I always put a case on mine so it doesn't matter. All the fuss about plastic etc doesn't mean much to me. I will miss the removable battery to some degree but I have had fantastic battery so far after 3 days compared to my SGS2. SD card isn't as big of a deal. Would I take it? Sure, but I'm on wifi most of the time so I can do what I need. I am in Canada so I am running LTE. I downloaded yesterday at 38mb sec.

But I get updates immediately which I like. This one feature out weighs all the others combined.

kurosenpai

May 22, 2012
Visit site
Actually no. If you know how to do it Android offers a very compelling experience eg my HTC phone now. Amazingly fast, Trickster mod and custom ROM it's even now cooler in temperature.

This screen is also unbelievable like the iPad 3 screen but almost 5 inches and in a smartphone form factor.

Sent from my HTC One X using Android Central Forums

Weird thing is this optimization makes it more expensive than my android phone. There's nothing great about ios. Iphone doesn't need a good spec because ios is too simple with 900 x 640 resolution of course games and app would run smoother.

I can get an s3 way cheaper and better spec and bigger screen and resolution than iphone.
Some of Hardcore fanboys always try so hard to make iphone looks good and other looks bad.

I own 2 iphones. The 3gs and 4g. And an ipad too.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 2

sr2012

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
Weird thing is this optimization makes it more expensive than my android phone. There's nothing great about ios. Iphone doesn't need a good spec because ios is too simple with 900 x 640 resolution of course games and app would run smoother.

I can get an s3 way cheaper and better spec and bigger screen and resolution than iphone.
Some of Hardcore fanboys always try so hard to make iphone looks good and other looks bad.

I own 2 iphones. The 3gs and 4g. And an ipad too.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 2

Dude you quoted the wrong post I agree with you.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

Benson Chik

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
I have both Note2 and iphone5 went to my wife at the end. We both use each others phone and she prefers the i5.

For me the lack of jailbreak made me jump ship from apple!

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
So it isn't broken yet? I knew it was tough but figured it was done by now. Maybe they asked moto how to do it

robertkoa

Apr 19, 2012
Visit site
5.5" isn't that a little too big and 4" a little too small.I was also considering the Motorola photon Q

Good point-almost everyone-even current iphone users thought the iphone 5 should have been 4.3 " or 4.5".

Note 2 is great if you want a very large screen.

In the middle we have Galaxy S3 and a few others by HTC and LG.

As soon as you try a working version ,you'll know if you like the size.

anon(27512)

May 28, 2010
Visit site
Which phone would you get ?

iPhone 5 if you can only have one. I have the iPhone 5 now and love it but I am thinking about adding a line and getting the note two. I really want to try android on a phone again. Last experience was with the Samsung infuse and I returned it.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci