Sprint global 4G phones
any word when Sprint might come up with a 4G LTE phone which is also global, a la Razr Maxx? I bought a Photon for its world capabilities, but it does not have SVDO, or LTE. I'm considering buying a SGS3 but I don't wanna shell that kind of money out yet.
- 07-19-2012, 10:24 PM #2
- 07-26-2012, 03:21 PM #3
Re: Sprint global 4G phones
Sprint Newsroom | First Sprint 4G LTE-Enabled Device with Full QWERTY and International Capabilities, Motorola PHOTON
· Sprint’s first 4G LTE device with International roaming GSM capabilities and QWERTY keyboard
· 1.5 GHz dual-core processor for quick downloads and app performance
· Five-row, slide-out QWERTY keyboard with large 4.3-inch ColorBoost™ display
· Built with Android 4.0.4, Ice Cream Sandwich
· Enterprise Security
· 3G/4G LTE Mobile Hotspot capability for up to eight Wi-Fi enabled devices (additional fee required; International Hotspot only supports one user)
· Corporate (MS Exchange ActiveSync) and personal (POP & IMAP) email access
· Messaging – personal and business email, Google TalkTM instant message and text messaging
· Sprint ID offering an innovative way to personalize an Android smartphone with apps, widgets, ringtones and more all in a single download
· GPS navigation enabled
· NFC support to share links, apps, YouTube clips and more with Android Beam
· UL Environment (ULE) Platinum Certified, the highest level of environmental performance recognized by sustainable requirements established by UL Environment and Sprint
- 07-27-2012, 12:53 AM #4
- 07-27-2012, 09:22 AM #5
I assume that's the same as the screen on the photon, which I'm happy with. But I wish it had jelly bean. Motorola is slow to update their sprint phones.
I'm also really curious if this will work with the photon peripherals. The car dock is VERY roomy, and could accommodate a thicker phone.
I wish the keyboard was portrait, like a blackberry (our my beloved pre) and I wish it had a beefier battery. But I may upgrade anyway.