Where do they come up with the names for Android devices?

jerryjerryjerry

Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
I picture a board room full of 12 year old boys full of caffeine.

SUPER CHROMEBOT!

No no no INCREDIBLE AMAZE 4G!!

No wait.... HTC AWESOME EXTREME

No I've got it! SAMSUNG SCINTILLATE SEXY TIME!

I wonder, what will they do when they've run out of over the top adjectives and nonsense and they have to actually give the phones names that sound like an adult came up with them and sell them on their merits alone instead of names that sound like a sex toy?

glassygurl

Jul 25, 2012
Visit site
LOL! I hate the stupid long names. I don't know why they add the LTE and 4G and all that bullcrap in their names! Those are specs! It's like naming your child Gary Male Blonde to the Extreme Smith or something.... arggg

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Samsung Galaxy S II Epic 4G Touch was the best.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Android Central Forums

UCLA 15

Apr 18, 2012
Visit site
Part of it is because, unfortunately, it must work on the general public.

HTC Sensation. Nothing wrong with that name. Oh, wait, it's actually the HTC Sensation 4G. Sounds absolutely stupid to people like us, but the public is stupid and loves to hear 4G for whatever reason.

DroidDavi

Jan 25, 2012
Visit site
It must be working since it isn't stopping. The 4g and lte branding was necessary before it become a standard. I feel we are going to move past it soon. If the new iPhone has 4g it won't matter if its in the name since its going to be on most all devices

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Madarox

Jul 31, 2012
Visit site
HTC already ran out of names since they called their new phone series the ''one'' series,then comes the ''two'' series then the ''three'' series haha.
With samsung,it's kinda different.Most samsung phones names contain Galaxy/Chat/Star etc
Motorola is either DROID or atrix.
LG is always optimus lol
Sony's series is Xperia series then they will probably come up with a new name next year.

I only love google's naming ''nexus'',it just feels nice to say lol.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wei34