Should I get Galaxy S3 or Galaxy Note 2?

kippykip

Jun 12, 2012
Visit site
@dlee1001

As far as I know, there is no expiration date to your upgrade.

You would be silly to sign a new 2 year contract w/o upgrading. :) But I guess that's one way to give it up.

Even after your 2 yr contract, you are still eligible because you are in a month-month arrange then. And you are still eligible.

The subsidizing with a 2 year contract is so AT&T has a guarantee way to recoup money from you (that's why if you cancel, you have to pay early termination fee so they can recoup subsidizing + their profit).

dlee1001

Jan 17, 2012
Visit site
@dlee1001

As far as I know, there is no expiration date to your upgrade.

You would be silly to sign a new 2 year contract w/o upgrading. :) But I guess that's one way to give it up.

That would be a bone-headed thing to do, especially since the Infuse is currently not my phone of choice anymore.

But regarding the successor to the Infuse, is it really the Galaxy Note?

kippykip

Jun 12, 2012
Visit site
I do not know if the Note is the successor to the Infuse, as you can tell, my last phone is an iPhone. :)

Get the phone that you like and works for you. I wouldn't think about if the Note is the successor to the Infuse. It wouldn't have made a difference for me because it is the Note's features that I liked.

I got the S3 knowing that I probably will never get an update from Samsung since I heard how bad they are. And, I was ok with it. (I can root and install other roms other wise, done it with my Android tablets).

ScandaLeX

Mar 1, 2010
Visit site
Now I'm confused. I saw the wiki link that says the G'Note is the successor to the Infuse. How is that possible when the Note was a flagship?

Richard Devine

Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
If you're US based then if previous form is anything to go by then the Note 2 might be a bit away. However hopefully they're going to pull off what they did with the S3 :)

We'll be on the ground in Berlin in a few weeks so when we know anything, you'll know :)

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

Shadowtc

May 17, 2012
Visit site
I got the S3 its a good size screen but if you want bigger screen the note 2 i know im going to get it when it comes out :D

Sent from my Galaxy SIII on Rezurrection Rom and OC using Red Xparent Tapatalk 2

Grafixx01#AC

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
I am hoping that the Note 2 will be out on VZW, or the same phone branded as a different name so I can get it, but I doubt it will happen so I'll probably have to look at the S3. I'm wanting to get rid of my iPhone 4 but as I said, I'm waiting to the end of the year (that's when my upgrade is available) but not too sure because I am very doubtful that the Note2 (or some variant) will be out on VZW.

Shadowtc

May 17, 2012
Visit site
I heard it was going to be released on all 4 companies

Sent from my Galaxy SIII on Rezurrection Rom and OC using Red Xparent Tapatalk 2

Shadowtc

May 17, 2012
Visit site
What did you hear this? First I heard of the Note 2 coming to all carriers.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Mosr sites you look at for the release say it will be on the 4 and if it is successful then smaller carriers like the s3

Sent from my Galaxy SIII on Rezurrection Rom and OC/UV using Red Xparent Tapatalk 2

eRod v1.0

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
Mosr sites you look at for the release say it will be on the 4 and if it is successful then smaller carriers like the s3

Sent from my Galaxy SIII on Rezurrection Rom and OC/UV using Red Xparent Tapatalk 2

Awesome. Read some articles stating this. If vzw gets it I will for sure buy it.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

ScandaLeX

Mar 1, 2010
Visit site
I haven't come across anything that states emphatically that the Note
2 will be coming to the 4 major carriers. If anything it's been said in the form of a question just as it was for the Note 1.

Sent from my YP-G70 using Tapatalk 2

iN8ter

Banned
Jan 23, 2012
Visit site
The infuse wasnt considered a galaxy series phone. It was somewhat awkward because it definitely had the specs to be one but it just lacked support and advertising that samsung gives to galaxy phones. That being said it really did pave the way when it comes to the design on the s2. The infuse was considered massive when it came out at 4.5 inches and it was really just a pre realese s2 with less beafy specs. When it comes to the topic of your upgrade im guessing you are AT&T. Your upgrade is 12-31 which is a LONG way away from now. You have to think that many flagship devices will be unveiled during the winter season for holiday shopping. We will see another flagship HTC device and a (couple) nexus devices. Honestly i wouldnt get the s3 that late because by that time it will be old technology. The Note 2 will probably come out sometime around october or november. IF one of the new nexus devices comes to AT&T i would highly suggest you use your upgrade on it. I have a samsung skyrocket and now realize that i will ONLY buy nexus devices from here on out. They get incredible support when it comes to updates and something about stock android just makes me want the phone even more.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Android Central Forums

Wrong. Samsung had about 10 Infuse 4G commercials and AT&T was showing them all the time. They were EVERYWHERE. One of my favorite commercials:

The Samsung

It was certainly marketed, WAY more than a lot of other phones. Don't know if I even remember seeing an Inspire 4G commercial, but that spider commercial played for about 1-2 months 5-8 times a day; and that's just when I was home.

It was a bit of a transition device, though, I give you that.

I'd personally wait until the Note 2 was out and then choose from there. 6 months is a long time. I'm not sure I'd buy a GS3 6 months after release unless you can afford off-contract phones in case you wanted to upgrade again. Not even sure I'd consider it flagship at that age (considering it would be nearing a year old if you count the international launch that came before the US launch).

TTGSteve

May 17, 2012
Visit site
I can't wait to check out the Note 2. I'm due for an upgrade and it's time to make a move soon. I can see I'm going to have a tough decision coming up very soon.

eRod v1.0

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
I can't wait to check out the Note 2. I'm due for an upgrade and it's time to make a move soon. I can see I'm going to have a tough decision coming up very soon.

I hear ya. I have upgrade now and I really want to try the SIII, but I want to see if the note 2 comes to Verizon.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
armeniomanuel