If you were picking up a new phone in the next 2 weeks...

anon(692098)

Feb 19, 2012
Visit site
What would it be?

I'm on AT&T and not switching carriers so please keep that in mind. I'm currently out of contract and have an iPhone 4 (not S) and have decided that I'm going to switch to Android. I can wait but I'd rather not unless something special is coming soon-ish. The rumors are that all the big makers will be announcing / releasing new hardware rsn. At the moment I've checked out the SGS3 and looked at the Note.

I'm asking mostly to make sure that I'm not pulling the trigger too soon, but I also don't care to wait for several more months either unless there is something special that I'd be a fool not to wait for. I was going to wait until 9/12 for the iP5 announcement but unless Apple has managed to pull the wool over the entire gadget ecosystem the iP5 and iOS6 aren't the revolution that I'm looking for anymore.

giper54

Feb 13, 2010
Visit site
There is a show in Germany around 8/29 called IFA that my give you a better idea what is coming out. The Note was announced there last year but wasn't released by AT&T until February. So it maybe a while before any of the phones seen there make their way to the States.

anon(692098)

Feb 19, 2012
Visit site
I thought that was next week but the 29th isn't forever away. Is there anything other than the new Note expected to be announced and if so are we talking months to release do you think?

giper54

Feb 13, 2010
Visit site
I have no clue if the Note II will be released any sooner. There is a nice Sony phone too (i am not sure if it is coming ro the us too) but other than that I am not sure

phonegeek

May 8, 2012
Visit site
Personally I like the HTC One X. I also have the original note but Samsung is very slow to provide updates and upgraded software so I won't go back to them again...

b0btech

Apr 26, 2012
Visit site
get galaxy SIII all the way, nothing coming out sooner anyway will match this phone in the least.believe me, you'll be happy with it for years :) only thing you can wait for is Note 2, but to me it's little too big imho.

from MY SIII in sunny FL.

codeda

Jan 28, 2012
Visit site
I would get the note 2. It just seems like such a fun phone!! I think it is as important as anything else to have a phone you won't be bored with and every time I play with that phone I discover something new.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums