09-07-2012 07:47 PM
- I'm thinking of getting my kids and I a tablet for Christmas this year. What are the hot new tablets rumored to be out for Christmas 2012? The Nexus 7 looks nice and sounds nice, but I'm concerned about the lack of SD card, and there's bound to be more new tablets out by then. What are the options looking like for this holiday season?08-11-2012 10:03 PM
- I love my tf300, but you might want a 7 inch for kids. I have not looked too much into the smaller tablets, but the nexus 7 looks awesome. I think amazon might come out with a new fire as well. If you want 10 inch and don't mind spending a little more than the Asus tf300 is your guy
Sent from my ADR6425LVW08-12-2012 11:41 AM
- jonathanm1978Super-elite full-time dadI personally wouldn't choose a higher priced tablet for my children. We gave my 11 year old daughter so kindle fire this past Christmas, and it lasted 3 months. She broke the charging port on the thing from the motherboard. I'm still not sure how she managed to break the charger port from the board inside the case. At any rate, filed with warranty and got replacement. At first, for a couple of weeks after Christmas, we tried my daughter with a new Acer laptop and that definitely wasn't going to work. So she got the kindle instead, but as I said, she broke it.
Look for something that isn't so costly to get fixed, or that can be easily replaced. Kids are tough on electronics. My two sons have their own PSP. One of them has already broke his and we used the gamestop warranty, the other broke his charger and now they have to use one charger for both PSP systems. Again kids are tough on electronics.
Swype'd with my Sammy Galaxy S308-20-2012 07:28 PM
- I am also looking for a 7 inch tablet. I do require an SD slot (or a full USB) because it will not have internet access for the majority of uses, like road trips, dead cell areas, or even massivly saturated areas (large conventions). That is actually the only thing holding me back from the Nexus 7. I was recently at a convention where at the hotel we couldn't even load a simple YouTube video without a long wait. Any suggestions? The Acrer A110 looks like a winner but I would like to know about more options.08-30-2012 12:19 PM
- I think it depends upon the age of the children and what they will be using it for. I bought two 7 in hers for my teens at the beginning of the summer. One is the Arnova 7 G3, one is the Cosby Kyros 7042. Both came with ICS pre loaded and cost just over $100. However, once my teens started using them, I realized that these products aren't powerful enough for teens. The screen on the Kyros is kinda grainy and the Arnova doesn't have physical volume buttons. I have since gotten them new 4.5 phones with ICS and 1.5 Ghz processors and they actully use the phones more than the tablets. I wouldn't recommend these lower end 7 inch tablets for any child past elementary school. For teens, check out the Nexus 7, Galaxy Tab 2, Lenovo's 7 in her, or Acer's 7 inch. They are slightly pricier, and it has its pros and cons, so it comes down to personal preference.09-07-2012 07:36 PM
- I'm thinking of getting my kids and I a tablet for Christmas this year. What are the hot new tablets rumored to be out for Christmas 2012? The Nexus 7 looks nice and sounds nice, but I'm concerned about the lack of SD card, and there's bound to be more new tablets out by then. What are the options looking like for this holiday season?
Tap'n from my White SGT2 7.0 SE09-07-2012 07:47 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD