Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Like Tree50Likes

Global Posts
    334 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOKP PUB / Franco Kernel

Default Re: What do you want in Key Lime Pie?

1) group MMS with iphones and blackberries

lets focus on this first as it is my single biggest grievance with android
    Google Android Affectionado

I know some of these can be accomplished by 3rd party, but it would be nice to have it built in.
    -delete/reply/Mark read emails from notifications
    -delete/reply/Mark read emails from gmail widget
    -more widgets
    -better battery life
    -combine messenger and gTalk
    -multitouch actions like switch running apps
    -toggles in notifications for wifi/data/volume/etc
    -group messaging
    -images in gTalk
    -better exchange mail support

Global Posts
    136 Global Posts
    ROM
    custom StreakDroid ROM

I'd like for Google Talk to get some love. As is, it is horrible, clunky, crappy notifications, just a bad service. Either improve it or remove it.

Also, less is more. I don't want to fall into the Windows trap of building everything into the OS and make a bloated, laggy experience. I think Android has the potential to remain streamlined and light, but the pitfalls are numerous and it could easilly overburden itself and make a mess of itself.
    mellojoe
    the one, the only

With Key lime Pie I'm only asking for three improvements That I need. I use an iphone and a Galaxy Nexus and these 3 things will make me leave my iphone forever!! lol.

1. Integrate Gtalk, google+ messanger and hangouts. Somehow just make it one app. Similar to what google just did to gmail.com. When you video chat hangout comes up now. Make gtalk/google+ messanger everything bbm was for rim but better!! (read receipts, send files ect)

2. PLEASE GIVE GMAIL PINCH TO ZOOM CAPABILITIES.

3. Let me backup my ENTIRE phone using google drive so if I decide to get a new google phone everything can be where i left it on my old phone. Like the iPhone.
    grn4frk likes this.

ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by bjones521 View Post
    I hear you man.

Author of NoobTech:
    http://wp.me/2uu9r

Global Posts
    334 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOKP PUB / Franco Kernel

i also realized I want a clear all button in the recently viewed apps much like on the pull down bar for notifications
    Google Android Affectionado
    cellomj likes this.

Global Posts
    1,002 Global Posts
    ROM
    Cyanogrnmod 10.2

Integrated location awareness functionality. When used right, this is so handy (I use Llama). We already have the building blocks ala different sound profiles and things like data/BT/wifi/gps/airplane mode toggles. Passive management of all those things seems like the next logical step. This seems like a pure OS function.

Integrated anti-theft functionality (remove locate, remote wipe, remote alarm etc.) Again, this seems like the natural progression of an OS task.

Better web browsing experience.
    Whether that's in the form of integrating Chrome or the current stock browser is up to Goog.

Ability to send multimedia (video, sounds, pictures) to Gtalk users.
    More of an app update, but this seems pretty basic.

Loyalty program support for Google Wallet. By this I mean ability to 'load' all those supermarket, CVS, PetSmart, Sears ShopYourWay Rewards tags into Google Wallet.
    Last edited by mikestorm; 08-31-2012 at 06:24 AM.

Well considering android has taken major steps forward, they have also taken some steps backwards on many phones (non removable battery, removal of sd card, removal of apps 2sd) so I'd like to see all of that returned across the board.

I'd also like to see the side by side apps running.

Better voice control

Better memory management

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

Global Posts
    807 Global Posts
    ROM
    Buglessbeast/Stock

- WebOS-esque gestures throughout the OS
    - Pinch and Zoom in Gmail
    - GTalk and G+ integration in Messaging
    - Better app/OS backup and restore feature between devices through Google Drive
    - Remote wipe and "find my phone"
    - More Google Now features, and make it more interactive and "aware"
    - Display Google Drive, Dropbox, and Facebook photos in the Gallery app

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus
    So many phones, so little time.

a way to view flash video....without clunky work arounds!

Set wifi data limit unlike currently it can only be set for mobile data.

like the issue discussion here http://forums.androidcentral.com/goo...nexus-7-a.html
    LCW

Global Posts
    1,183 Global Posts
    ROM
    JB 4.1.1 (JRO03C)

Quote Originally Posted by bjones521 View Post

Quote Originally Posted by kritin kapoor View Post
    I hear you man.
    +1

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums
    ***SOLD but not forgotten***
    Google Nexus One

Global Posts
    153 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM10+Trinity

Google now post to twitter Facebook and g+ s voice does twitter and I want it to lol

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

I would like to have widgets in the notification bar, kinda like iOS but customizable to where I can change which ones are there and which one are not. Also I would like to see Swift Key keyboard integrated into the OS, the default ICS one on my phone sucks and Swift Key is just amazing!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forums

1. Voice Dialling Name Recognition to be fixed. It barely gets American names correct, and forget Foreign names

2. Headphone Mic overhaul, Introduce 4 button standard (includes mute for those long conference calls), and works while phone is active and inactive, and the ability to activate voice actions through it. IOS is awesome in this area, would like to see it in Android. Why? Handsfree + bluetooth sucks for the receiver during a phone call when talking to a person on bluetooth compared to headphone/mic. I want to be able to have my phone in my case and be able to do basic stuff without removing it. The ability to program those buttons to specific actions the user wants.

3. Battery improvement. Battery improvement. Battery improvement! I want my phone to last all day, part of the issue is Android sucks a lot of battery juice from running apps, and hardware.

4. Ability to rearrange Notifications as they come in the drawer, I want certain things to come on top above other notifications.

5. Lockscreen notifications and the ability to swipe left and right to add more widgets on the lockscreen.

6. Google Music improvements: The ability to upload individual songs and albums, besides just left to the syncing feature. The ability to safe offline music to SD CARD because 16 GB is just not enough and I hate to burst everyone's cloud bubble/pedestal. A lot of us don't have signal everywhere, It would be nice to listen to music on the plane or in a spot with no reception / wifi. Helpful for military soldiers and people who travel a lot.

7. Multiple Profiles for Tablets

8. Multiple Apps next to each other for Tablets

9. Stop skimping on specs for flagship phones. Come out with at least three versions of flagship phone. Low end, middle end, and high end specs. Giving Nexus lovers more options. Why should someone buy a nexus to find out a month later, a galaxy s3 is twice as better in specs. At least make a high end nexus to compete with newer phones that will come out in the following year.

0 Google to stop letting carriers handle updates for flagship phones.

0 Google to kill fragmentation by forcing manufactures that come out with a new phone with certain min specs and carry the latest android os.
  16. Thread Author  Thread Author    #66  

Global Posts
    1,579 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Google Granted Multiple User Face-To-Unlock Patent – Coming Soon To Key Lime Pie
    I don't see the use of this feature in a smartphone but a chrome book or tablet I see the practical use for those devices. I can see this greatly as feature used in a Android OS for PC or crossing figures for a "GC".
    Google is for the people and by the people. Android is for the people and by the tech people. Nexus is for the geeks and by the geeks.
    Solve
    [Nexus (A) + the latest and greatest tech] < [Nexus (B) + the best proven and optimize tech]
    Answer
    Nexus (A) is less than Nexus (B)
    Nexus (B) is greater than Nexus (A)
    ______

No more auto-loading the most recent page in the native browser..

man, many features we ask in KLP is already on Android 4.2.

We need to create a new thread and start over again
  19. Thread Author  Thread Author    #69  

Global Posts
    1,579 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Lol my thoughts exactly. On the list of features that I wanted in Key Lime Pie one of was the lock screen widgets that is now on 4.2. However wanted to be able open apps from lock screen as well without unlocking the device.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums
    Google is for the people and by the people. Android is for the people and by the tech people. Nexus is for the geeks and by the geeks.
    Solve
    [Nexus (A) + the latest and greatest tech] < [Nexus (B) + the best proven and optimize tech]
    Answer
    Nexus (A) is less than Nexus (B)
    Nexus (B) is greater than Nexus (A)
    ______

I just want it available for all Android phones....not just the one nexus device

Quote Originally Posted by FishPharm View Post
    I just want it available for all Android phones....not just the one nexus device
    I agree with you man..
    Thanked by:

ROM
    Viper

Multitasking multitasking multitasking. Whatever you have to do, do it and make it happen.

Some sort driver support so I can put a printer driver on, plug a usb into my phone, and print. Also support for drivers with controllers and other devices. The current apps for printing are horrible and there needs to be an easier way natively.

Google now to be faster.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW
    Last edited by NoYankees44; 11-11-2012 at 12:16 PM.
    Galaxy S3(unlocked on whatever I feel like flashing) ---- Asus Tf300(unlocked on CROMI)
    Htc Rezound(s-off on ViperRez) -- Addicted to crack and retired

I believe Gmail zoom functionality has already been done in 4.2.
    Widgets in the notification bar are definitely part of 4.2.

Here's what I want and I think it's the most important features because others could be at least done via 3rd party apps:
    - Side-by-side multitasking (for all G apps for starters). This can be done... Samsung did it.
    - Integration of Talk, Chat (whatever else Google has), mobile Messenger. This is just crazy to have so many ways of communicating via separate apps.

Other than that I don't think it's fair to demand Google to have ALL possible features you may need in the OS. I mean, what are you going to leave for developers? Also, Google should focus on

Global Posts
    197 Global Posts

I would like a service similar to iMessage. I had the OG Droid on release day and have since had the Droid X, Bionic then the RAZR (not the MAXX). I couldnt stand the battery life and some of the issues I was having with it so I switched to an iPhone 5 on release day. I like the iPhone but I want to switch back to Android, I hate how boring and cartoonish the iPhone looks and operates. I know we have Talk but lets be honest, hardly anyone uses it. The advantage of iMessage is that you can see when people read your message (if they have it turned on) and, most importantly, youre able to send actual clear quality video messages, not the compressed blocky unreadable ones that are sent via text message.
    If Google could figure out a way to integrate Talk with a persons phone number (instead of having to ask the person their Gmail address thats linked to their phones [I swear nobody ever knows this] then having to wait for them to approve and use a totally separate app that cant even send a picture). It would be even more awesome if they could integrate it with iMessage so you can have cross capability between Android and iOS users (as in being able to send an iPhone user a video that is actually viewable). I would also like a stock battery percentage readout that you can have displayed on the iPhone in the status bar (I believe Samsung built this into their new touchwiz).
    Like many others, I would like to be able to reply back to a text message when it pops up, instead of having to leave my current program. Also, a program similar to iTunes (in theory), just to make it easier to import/export files to and from your phone would be great. I hate having to roam around different folders trying to find something. The Emoji icons are cool as well. I know it sounds like all I am asking for is iOS features but after using these services, I enjoy them.

A few other things I would like to see is better battery optimization on the software side, ability to store purchases from Google Music on your computer (not just the download everything to two devices), ability to burn just a cd from Music, not download all 1200 songs I currently have uploaded on there. Although Google Music is not directly related to Android KLP, the Google ecosystem is what needs to improve by the time I switch back.

1. Improved battery life. I'd like to see them do for battery life what Project Butter did for touch performance.

2. Expand Google Voice to improve its integration and natively enable VOIP (and add MMS and encrypted calling and enhance notifications)
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast