Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Like Tree50Likes

Default Re: What do you want in Key Lime Pie?

-Lockscreen
    The ability have widgets on my lock screen.
    I think we get this in 4.2

Sent from my SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums

They absolutely must merge ALL messaging apps into one. I'm sick of using SMS, Talk and Voice.
    There's also G+ messenger... Crazy

Integrate Google+ hangouts into the dialer/phone app (kinda like facetime). I know it's simple to just open an app like Google+/Skype/Tango, etc to video chat, but not everyone uses the same app and if they made it even more simple to use hangouts, then everyone would use it.
    Thanked by:
    Ry 
    cellomj likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by NoYankees44 View Post
    Multitasking multitasking multitasking. Whatever you have to do, do it and make it happen.

Some sort driver support so I can put a printer driver on, plug a usb into my phone, and print. Also support for drivers with controllers and other devices. The current apps for printing are horrible and there needs to be an easier way natively.

Google now to be faster.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW
    As Android uses Linux kernel it has all Kernel drivers at it's disposal, it's just matter of seting it up... except for printers, this is delt in userspace by cups for example

Quote Originally Posted by walcolm View Post
    Samsung GSIII already allows you to play a video and do other things. JB already allows quick response to messages right from the notification pane

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Android Central Forums
    Imo samsung solution on multitasking with video looks ugly

Quote Originally Posted by tr-1 View Post
    They absolutely must merge ALL messaging apps into one. I'm sick of using SMS, Talk and Voice.
    There's also G+ messenger... Crazy
    Google to merge Hangouts, Talk & Messenger — Tech News and Analysis

This is great. I hope it's released in 2013.
    Banned

Global Posts
    5,774 Global Posts
    ROM
    Something JB

I just want the damn thing to set the alarm off at the proper time, start my coffee and open my laptops web browser to fark. Com

Sent from my X-Band Modem... TY Genesis

ROM
    Viper

O new one...

Unified and simplified process when reopening apps and responding to notifications in terms of use of the back button. Some apps when reopened and you go back, they go back to the home screen instead of back through the app. Just unify this process.

Some settings unification would be nice as the well. The settings are kind of a hodge podge

Sent from my ADR6425LVW
    Galaxy S3(unlocked on whatever I feel like flashing) ---- Asus Tf300(unlocked on CROMI)
    Htc Rezound(s-off on ViperRez) -- Addicted to crack and retired

Global Posts
    61 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOKP

Quote Originally Posted by mikestorm View Post

Ability to send multimedia (video, sounds, pictures) to Gtalk users.
    More of an app update, but this seems pretty basic.
    https://plus.google.com/114338791042...ts/H9weqsuzuA2

Its not much but at least Mr Gundotra acknowledged it

Truly improved battery life.

I'd like to see a version of android with battery life that can get me through a whole day.

A lot of phones claim they can, but they can't.

I have yet to find a phone that lasts all day.

After about 5 hours of actual usage the battery is dead

sent from the best smart phone (not phablet) on the worst network- the Galaxy S3 unfortunately on T-Mobile
    ideedi likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by The Hustleman View Post
    Truly improved battery life.

I'd like to see a version of android with battery life that can get me through a whole day.

A lot of phones claim they can, but they can't.

I have yet to find a phone that lasts all day.

After about 5 hours of actual usage the battery is dead

sent from the best smart phone (not phablet) on the worst network- the Galaxy S3 unfortunately on T-Mobile
    I would not expect much wonders here, first of all by "improved battery life" you most likely mean improved power management and Android do a lot stuff already on this side.Tthing is most issues here sit in other areas outside of system, for example in most cases the main consumer is screen and that can't be fixed other way then you using it less, lower the brightness and reduce auto lock time, other problem is applications written in wrong way consuming power. Android already give you options to reduce power consumption, put them in motion if you want

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowriver View Post
    I would not expect much wonders here, first of all by "improved battery life" you most likely mean improved power management and Android do a lot stuff already on this side.Tthing is most issues here sit in other areas outside of system, for example in most cases the main consumer is screen and that can't be fixed other way then you using it less, lower the brightness and reduce auto lock time, other problem is applications written in wrong way consuming power. Android already give you options to reduce power consumption, put them in motion if you want
    I do use them but can't get through a day on a single charge.

The workaround I've found is buying a spare battery and charging the spare while using the other battery. With modern phones I only have to swap batteries once a day waking up around 7 or 8 and going to sleep around midnight-1am. I if I'm off I don't have to swap at all because I don't use the phone much on off days.

This is why I hate to see OEMs making the battery non replaceable. That would mean I would have to be tethered to a charger to use my phone and that totally ruins the user experience.

Every phone I've had since the Samsung itstinks (instinct) has had a replaceable battery which is a very underrated feature.

I wouldn't miss it if I could have a phone that lasts for a whole day.

OEMs are making a big mistake removing that feature

Quote Originally Posted by walcolm View Post
    Because Google+ and Gmail are not the same yet although they should be

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Android Central Forums
    Yuck no. I find zero use for google+

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums

Quote Originally Posted by Shanicenicolle View Post
    Yuck no. I find zero use for google+

You obviously haven't given it enough of a chance then.

This is from me, on my EVO 3D.
  17. Thread Author  Thread Author    #92  

Global Posts
    1,579 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Lol I made thread but I will dying if the next up dated is kandy cane or something.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Android Central Forums
    Google is for the people and by the people. Android is for the people and by the tech people. Nexus is for the geeks and by the geeks.
    Solve
    [Nexus (A) + the latest and greatest tech] < [Nexus (B) + the best proven and optimize tech]
    Answer
    Nexus (A) is less than Nexus (B)
    Nexus (B) is greater than Nexus (A)
    ______

Quote Originally Posted by xlDeMoNiClx View Post
    You obviously haven't given it enough of a chance then.

This is from me, on my EVO 3D.
    I have. and don't like that anyone can add me, I don't like social networks outside of twitter in general so it serves no purpose there. Lol. Not everyone wants or needs it.

Global Posts
    1,049 Global Posts
    ROM
    ice cold sandwich aokp

Quote Originally Posted by The Hustleman View Post
    I do use them but can't get through a day on a single charge.

The workaround I've found is buying a spare battery and charging the spare while using the other battery. With modern phones I only have to swap batteries once a day waking up around 7 or 8 and going to sleep around midnight-1am. I if I'm off I don't have to swap at all because I don't use the phone much on off days.

This is why I hate to see OEMs making the battery non replaceable. That would mean I would have to be tethered to a charger to use my phone and that totally ruins the user experience.

Every phone I've had since the Samsung itstinks (instinct) has had a replaceable battery which is a very underrated feature.

I wouldn't miss it if I could have a phone that lasts for a whole day.

OEMs are making a big mistake removing that feature

Sadly this is where apple has that sweet spot. With its limited multi tasking. All applications when closed are dead. Meaning it can sue I've on less ram.meaning nothing is permited to run in the background which ensures longer battery life. Plus the semi smaller screen with a decent battery size. I hate apple but they''re the king of battery life by dictating funtionality. Are we willing to give this up to make the battery life better???
    And yes or.s are moving away from removable batteries. Why idk it is sad I got a phone with a non removable battery. To my joy it's a decent size and last a good while B-) even with gaming and music lte. This phone is amazing!!

Sent from my HTC One X+ using Android Central Forums
  20. Thread Author  Thread Author    #95  

Global Posts
    1,579 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by bunique4life05 View Post
    Lol I made thread but I will dying if the next up dated is kandy cane or something.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Android Central Forums
    What do you want in Kit Kak?(2013)-uploadfromtaptalk1354560995765.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums
    Google is for the people and by the people. Android is for the people and by the tech people. Nexus is for the geeks and by the geeks.
    Solve
    [Nexus (A) + the latest and greatest tech] < [Nexus (B) + the best proven and optimize tech]
    Answer
    Nexus (A) is less than Nexus (B)
    Nexus (B) is greater than Nexus (A)
    ______

Imo samsung solution on multitasking with video looks ugly
    Make GNote2 style pop up video/ browser native because the quad core makes the experience excelent. With all the power being tossed out the gs3 was soooooo close. But hey lets just take note. No pun intended

How about finally updating ACRCP. Currently Android is stuck on version 1.0, which is woefully out of date.

http://forums.androidcentral.com/and...ml#post2394106

Quote Originally Posted by Schleefen View Post
    Make GNote2 style pop up video/ browser native because the quad core makes the experience excelent. With all the power being tossed out the gs3 was soooooo close. But hey lets just take note. No pun intended
    It's not about power lol I like cascade multitasking in GNote, what im tlaking here is Galaxy S3 video thing... just look at it:

It looks like i would run mplayer from command line on frame-less x.org (you might not understand what i mean if you not Linux user ), it's very cheap implementation. They at least could and some frame to make it look pretty

What was the one before donut?

Edit: nvm cupcake lol
    Banned

Global Posts
    5,774 Global Posts
    ROM
    Something JB

Cupcake

Sent from my X-Band Modem... TY Genesis
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast