Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast
Like Tree50Likes

Default Re: What do you want in Key Lime Pie?

Multi-screen, mobile data toggle, LED customization and control, more efficient power management, additional camera features for both stills and videos, wireless charging, more browser improvements.

Sent From My Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 Tablet

Global Posts
    334 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOKP PUB / Franco Kernel

there will not be a new nexus phone in may at i/o.

My guess is:
    Nexus Q 2.0
    Refresh of the nexus 7 at the same price points but better specs
    New Chromebooks
    Key Lime Pie : Features
    updated lockscreen widgets
    more gestures on home screen (i.e. two finger down swipe to quick settings)
    improved multiuser support on tablets
    kill all button in the multitask viewer (PLEASE GOD)
    update to the quick settings in the notification shade to toggle on and off instead of take you to the settings
    more features for the camera software
    dual pane viewing?
    control of notification light
    tighter google now integration. voice commands to set calender and text message
    improved android beam
    Something else extra awesome that we wont even see coming.

Google Music could use a refresh but this is independent of the OS and is a stand alone app
    Google Android Affectionado
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #128  

Global Posts
    1,579 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by bunique4life05 View Post
    Imo very unlikely Google will unveil all of that. Google just released a new tablet, a new phone and two new versions of the Nexus 7. I could see a $100 tablet and chromebook but not another phone. Then again Google pretty much does what they want and when they want.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Android Central Forums

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums
    Google is for the people and by the people. Android is for the people and by the tech people. Nexus is for the geeks and by the geeks.
    Solve
    [Nexus (A) + the latest and greatest tech] < [Nexus (B) + the best proven and optimize tech]
    Answer
    Nexus (A) is less than Nexus (B)
    Nexus (B) is greater than Nexus (A)
    ______

Quote Originally Posted by bunique4life05 View Post
    Google I/O doesn't guarantee a new nexus or a new OS.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Android Central Forums
    Maybe not Nexus device but OS update is what they usually announce on I/O, it's like Apple updating iPods always in September.... where they could do that if not in hall half filled with android developers (other half is web developers that don't care ) ?
    Last edited by Shadowriver; 12-21-2012 at 04:16 PM.

Was looking at bunch of stock apps today and one thing I want Google to do is make all stock apps consistent.
    Look at the latest Google Currents, YouTube and Google+ for example. The font size is different in the side menu. The way you add/remove subscriptions is completely different. I actually spent good 5 minutes trying to figure out some features on the latest Currents.

It really shouldn't be that difficult to clean up all stock apps. Actually no more than a day of work (I'm a Systems Engineer and one of my responsibilities is GUI design in C#). I think it is probably the way it is now is because they are handles by different departments but again, the GUI should be finalized/tweaked by ONE department.

I would like to be able to assign nicknames to contacts that would show in text or phone calls but still be able to have their real name in the contact. (Like I was able to in Palm Os) Also wireless charging would be awesome. (Like the touchstone on WebOs)
    Banned

Global Posts
    5,774 Global Posts
    ROM
    Something JB

I usually put the nickname as the first name so that it shows up, then use the middle and last names for the real name

Sent from my PMID1000B using Tapatalk HD

Some form of battery life optimization. I'd like to see android become even 15 percent more efficient. That coupled with these more battery efficient chips coming out would make for phones with some good battery life. I'd also like to see the little quirks with the system be fixed. You know, the little things that annoy you but aren't big enough to complain about.

And I'd really like to see a back button that isn't stupid. On some apps, it goes back to the previous screen, in other apps it goes back to a different screen (like gmail). It's all very confusing and annoying if you ask me. I just want to see them update the little problems in the interface now. They already have a very good looking system.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD
    Banned

Global Posts
    5,774 Global Posts
    ROM
    Something JB

I am with you on those things except the back button. I am pretty sure that is bad app coding.

Sent from the nexus of the Android world, the SGS3.

Default Odp: What do you want in Key Lime Pie?

Back button work seemless and if app uses android ui components developers dont even need to think about since activity system do that for them. But there also fragments a activity as ui component and if developer use them and switch them insted of calling new activity and not add it to history stack the app will go back to prevuies activity ignoring all fragment changes, you can see that on new Tapatalk HD where back goes back to forum selection menu, because on forum exloring they use switching fragment on main layout. So yea it ui design issues

Global Posts
    334 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOKP PUB / Franco Kernel

Default Re: Odp: What do you want in Key Lime Pie?

i also would like google to update the "email" app so it can work with corporate exchange email. Having to use touchdown is a drag.
    Google Android Affectionado

ROM
    Non-rooted

To time travel to sugar coated plum.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums

I'd love to see a new phone at I/O. My contract is up in April, and the Nexus 4 is nice but not THAT much nicer than my GNex...

As for KLP- battery life springs to mind. Asides from that, I'll have a think...

Customisable accent colours. The current blue is nice, but it would be good to have a choice, even if limited. This kind of theming is simple to understand for new users, as it doesn't allow the device to be customised beyond recognition, helping with customer support .

I'd like to see the ui to be even more polished (which is hard because stock jellybean is already amazing) but make it more like the manufacturer UI's. Also more different functionalities right out of the box.

From My Awesome Samsung Galaxy s2 (can't wait for jellybean) :-)

Android has really advanced with Duarte at the helm, I have faith that KLP will be another huge step. I just want it to launch on a Moto Nexus.

I would like to be able to do full backups with a non-rooted device. I would also like to see better implemented wireless printing, built in anti-theft software (to track phone if it is lost/stolen), and improvements to the stock keyboard.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums
    - Motorola Atrix 2 - Nexus 7 - Nexus 4

I'm not sure if this feature is in JB or not as I get conflicting statementsbfrom friends with JB-running phones, and I'm on a Note 1 still waiting on JB update, but basically I want the notification shade to be More dynamic, to carry functioning widgets for weather and calendars, news ticker etc, and for notifications to be more interactive. I gather that on iOS 6 one can reply to notifications directly without being taken to the corresponding app. Also you can tweet and update Facebook status directly from the notification shade. One thing I do miss from iPhone is the ability to have all previews of notifications appearing and scrollable on the lock screen so that they can be viewed without unlocking the phone. I'm not bothered about privacy personally as long as it remains an option rather than a default. Oh and although Samsung have always added most quick settings to the notification area, something I appreciated back on my first Android phone, the original Galaxy S, and this is now standard on JB 4.2 I gather

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Android Central Forums

Whoops posted accidently before I finished. Was just goingnto add that a brightness setting would be a good addition to the settings already in the notification shade. Aside from that Android is almost perfect already and most improvements I could think of are specific to my phone, some of which will be addressed by the 4.1 update I'm still waiting for!

Global Posts
    33 Global Posts
    ROM
    Jelly Bean

What I want most are mostly improvements in the notification bar.
    - Why can't we answer texts and mails by using 2 fingre swipe?
    - The quick settings, should be toggles and not just shortcuts into the settings. Pressing the wifi toggle should turn it on/of, and not directing you to settings. This is a feature in CyanogenMod 10.2, so Google can do it too.

ROM
    CM10.1 Fitsnugly AOKP

Quote Originally Posted by mathiasjk View Post
    What I want most are mostly improvements in the notification bar.
    - Why can't we answer texts and mails by using 2 fingre swipe?
    - The quick settings, should be toggles and not just shortcuts into the settings. Pressing the wifi toggle should turn it on/of, and not directing you to settings. This is a feature in CyanogenMod 10.2, so Google can do it too.
    The quick settings are already toggles as a part of android 4.2...unless I am missing something. The long press gets you into the settings. I don't think this is a CM10.1 feature as it has been there since day 1.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

ROM
    CM10.1 Fitsnugly AOKP

Quote Originally Posted by HimOffTheTelly View Post
    Whoops posted accidently before I finished. Was just goingnto add that a brightness setting would be a good addition to the settings already in the notification shade. Aside from that Android is almost perfect already and most improvements I could think of are specific to my phone, some of which will be addressed by the 4.1 update I'm still waiting for!

Brightness settings are already a part of 4.2 quick settings as well. I think one of the only toggles that were added to stock was the flashlight (torch light).
    I believe some of the CM10.1 settings we now use today will be built into KLP, which is good, but will make the update a little less impressive since we have already been using them for a while now.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
  23. Thread Author  Thread Author    #148  

Global Posts
    1,579 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

I said this before but I want Google to have their version Widgets and apps that come with Touchwiz and Sense. I also want to change the color scheme of the ui. I want the phone app more robust.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Android Central Forums
    Google is for the people and by the people. Android is for the people and by the tech people. Nexus is for the geeks and by the geeks.
    Solve
    [Nexus (A) + the latest and greatest tech] < [Nexus (B) + the best proven and optimize tech]
    Answer
    Nexus (A) is less than Nexus (B)
    Nexus (B) is greater than Nexus (A)
    ______

im probably in the minority but i want notifications to be expanded once they come. I dont want to have to swipe down for it. I'd also like for them to let me respond directly from there without having to go into an app.

Quote Originally Posted by SamOliver View Post
    I want video chat to be fully integrated into KLP like Facetime is with ios.
    We kinda already have that with Google+ and Google Talk. Sorry. Google should advertise those features more prominently though, they're awesome.
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast