Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast
Like Tree50Likes
    Ry

Global Posts
    8,783 Global Posts

Default Re: What do you want in Key Lime Pie?

Quote Originally Posted by siriusnoodles View Post
    We kinda already have that with Google+ and Google Talk. Sorry. Google should advertise those features more prominently though, they're awesome.
    We don't actually have that integrated as well as iOS does with FaceTime.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums
    Android Central Moderator

Motorola Moto X (212.55.26.ghost_verizon.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.4)
    Motorola Moto G (210.12.41.falcon_cdma.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.4)
    Google Nexus 7 2012 (LRX21P, Lollipop 5.0)
    What other devices have I had? Here's my phone timeline.
    Support your favorite Android app and game developers. Pay for apps! And don't block ads!

Community Rules & Guidelines - Mobile Nations Forums

I'd like to see a default pc streaming application like Splashtop but default and flawless.

Sent from my Galaxy s3 using Android Central Forums

Quote Originally Posted by siriusnoodles View Post
    We kinda already have that with Google+ and Google Talk. Sorry. Google should advertise those features more prominently though, they're awesome.
    The biggest issue I have with all these Google "communication" apps is that they are all separated. We have G Voice, G Talk, G+ Messenger, and your standard SMS Messenger. This is waaaay too many messengers for basically the same purpose.
    IMO, they can integrate most, if not all, into one and supposedly they are already working on it:

Google to merge Hangouts, Talk & Messenger — Tech News and Analysis
    SamOliver likes this.

Global Posts
    79 Global Posts

I would love to have my data backed up to the cloud. I believe iOS has this feature, and it seems like it would really useful for game data...Actually, for game progress is the main reason I would like this feature. I flash roms frequently, and never having to worry about a games progress would be great. It would even allow for one to delete a game, and comeback to if they desire at a later time.

Also, improved multitasking. At the very least, the browser and the YouTube app featuring improved multitasking would satisfy most peoples multitasking needs to compete with BlackBerry 10.

I got to admit, I like where BlackBerry 10 is going. With a little time to attract a few remaining applications, and some bug updates it seems like a winner. In spite of that, will see what the public thinks.

Global Posts
    477 Global Posts

Reliable backup of ALL app data, not just select apps..

Like Carbon:
    http://www.androidcentral.com/carbon...backup-android

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

Quote Originally Posted by tr-1 View Post
    The biggest issue I have with all these Google "communication" apps is that they are all separated. We have G Voice, G Talk, G+ Messenger, and your standard SMS Messenger. This is waaaay too many messengers for basically the same purpose.
    IMO, they can integrate most, if not all, into one and supposedly they are already working on it:

Google to merge Hangouts, Talk & Messenger Tech News and Analysis
    I'd like that too. All I'm saying is that we already have all the services at hand. All google needs to do is consolidate them into one, unified service.

ROM
    Viper

They need to do Full cloud backup *cough like apple cough*

Some actual multitasking would be nice but probable a pipe dream for this version sense all anyone complains about these days is battery life and pretty screen transitions. No core functionality will improve until this is solved or stopped being focused on because its all anyone seems to care about.

Modular manufacture software is also a pipe dream but I will list it anyway.

Consistency with the back and home buttons when switching from app to app is something that should have happened a long time ago but still not fixed completely.

Please for the love of the lord, if you are not going to do any real multitasking, make it possible to reply to text messages without leaving whatever app you are in. Just this fix would make me very happy.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T
    Moto X 2014(stock for the time being) ---- Asus Tf300(unlocked on CROMI)
    Galaxy S3(30ft fall...)
    Htc Rezound(s-off on ViperRez)

Quote Originally Posted by NoYankees44 View Post
    Please for the love of the lord, if you are not going to do any real multitasking, make it possible to reply to text messages without leaving whatever app you are in. Just this fix would make me very happy.

They gotta do something similar to what Samsung did on Note 2.... side-by-side apps. It's kinda sad when a 3rd party manufacturer does a better job using your OS capabilities than you.

There are a lot of 3rd party apps that can be resized and run side by side (browsers, calculators, etc). I don't really think it's something that needs to be built in to the OS and should be left to touchwiz, IMO.
    Ry

Global Posts
    8,783 Global Posts

They need to do Full cloud backup *cough like apple cough*
    I hate "this" as a reply but a millions times THIS.

Modular manufacture software is also a pipe dream but I will list it anyway.
    Technically, couldn't OEMs do this already?

Support your favorite Android app and game developers. Pay for apps! And don't block ads!

Darth Spock likes this.

ROM
    Viper

Quote Originally Posted by Ry View Post
    Technically, couldn't OEMs do this already?
    Yes and that is a large portion of why it is a pipe dream.

Google could however set the framework for it and make it very easy for them to do. That would at least take away the "its too much work" excuse and could potentially make only one set of drivers for 2 firmwares.

Still though if they manufacturers wanted to do this they could all ready, they just have no desire or incentives for the extra work.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW
    Galaxy S3(30ft fall...)
    Ry

Global Posts
    8,783 Global Posts

Yes and that is a large portion of why it is a pipe dream.

Google could however set the framework for it and make it very easy for them to do. That would at least take away the "its too much work" excuse and could potentially make only one set of drivers for 2 firmwares.

Still though if they manufacturers wanted to do this they could all ready, they just have no desire or incentives for the extra work.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW
    Or they have no desire to make it easy to remove their differentiation.

ROM
    Viper

Or they have no desire to make it easy to remove their differentiation.
    which is why they dont use stock android in the first place.

If google did this, it would more than likely not even be used by the manufactures. It could however possible make porting software much easier for devs and the ppl that would actually know it was there.

Once again it is a pipe dream. Its not going to happen...

Galaxy S3(30ft fall...)

Quote Originally Posted by jamontoast1291 View Post
    There are a lot of 3rd party apps that can be resized and run side by side (browsers, calculators, etc). I don't really think it's something that needs to be built in to the OS and should be left to touchwiz, IMO.
    I have Nexus 7 and none of the apps are resizable.
    If it's that easy (just adding a button to dock on right or left), then why don't you want to have it in a Nexus device?
    I don't want to buy a non Nexus device to enjoy this feature. I don't have a lot of apps and most of the apps I use are Google or most downloaded (usually means the best)... Non are resizable. IMO all Google APS should be for the next OS
    Ry

Global Posts
    8,783 Global Posts

If it's that easy (just adding a button to dock on right or left), then why don't you want to have it in a Nexus device?
    I don't want to buy a non Nexus device to enjoy this feature. I don't have a lot of apps and most of the apps I use are Google or most downloaded (usually means the best)... Non are resizable. IMO all Google APS should be for the next OS
    Multi-window mode is part of TouchWiz.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Android Central Forums

I don't think you understand what 3rd party means.
    Thanked by:
    Ry 
    Ry likes this.

Multi-window mode is part of TouchWiz.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Android Central Forums
    Yea? And your point? I understand that and I want this particular feature to be part of the Nexus experience. Why argue for the sake of arguing?

Quote Originally Posted by jamontoast1291 View Post
    I don't think you understand what 3rd party means.
    I just don't get it.... why are some people here just for the sake of arguing?

Obviously I understand what 3rd party is. That's why I said "most of the apps I use are Google or most downloaded (usually means the best)".
    Here's a perfect example:
    I day trade very frequently (at least 3 times per week) and if I don't trade, I just follow the market and a live chat room in the PalTalk app. As a result, I have to constantly switch back and forth between my Ameritrade app and the PalTalk app. I need to have them side by side. There are no other 3rd party apps for this situation. And even if there were, I'm tied to Ameritrade and PalTalk (where I collaborate with specific people).

If KLP encouraged the side-by-side feature, most of the top apps would eventually implement it just as they implemented the Halo GUI.

Not gonna respond anymore if you will just try to disprove what I said.

Global Posts
    831 Global Posts

I just don't get it.... why are some people here just for the sake of arguing?

Obviously I understand what 3rd party is. That's why I said "most of the apps I use are Google or most downloaded (usually means the best)".
    Here's a perfect example:
    I day trade very frequently (at least 3 times per week) and if I don't trade, I just follow the market and a live chat room in the PalTalk app. As a result, I have to constantly switch back and forth between my Ameritrade app and the PalTalk app. I need to have them side by side. There are no other 3rd party apps for this situation. And even if there were, I'm tied to Ameritrade and PalTalk (where I collaborate with specific people).

If KLP encouraged the side-by-side feature, most of the top apps would eventually implement it just as they implemented the Halo GUI.

Not gonna respond anymore if you will just try to disprove what I said.
    So you're saying app developers would make the api implementations necessary for multi-window operation. Kinda like how they should be moving app data to SD to reduce space used by apps on /data lmfao we see how many app Devs have implemented that :rolleyes:

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by nrm5110 View Post
    So you're saying app developers would make the api implementations necessary for multi-window operation. Kinda like how they should be moving app data to SD to reduce space used by apps on /data lmfao we see how many app Devs have implemented that :rolleyes:

You can LMFAO all you want. Looks like you fall into the same category of people who just argue for the sake of it.
    I personally don't know what the big deal is about moving apps to SD. I certainly never even checked what apps I can/can't move and I bet most don't care. Perhaps this is why it wasn't implemented as wide as you wanted.

Having side-by-side windows is a big deal. It essentially puts one OS on top of the other. One app on top of the other. So yeah, I'm sure the most popular apps would implement it if KLP "paves the way".

I just don't understand why you don't think this would be a good feature. You don't want to use it, don't

Global Posts
    831 Global Posts

I never said it wasn't a cool feature but you're far overplaying it with no evidence to back it up.

Thanked by:
    Ry 
    jamontoast1291 and Ry like this.

I didn't look at all 7 pages, but am I the only one that wants the most basic of all things: the ability to undo? Please, PLEASE add this.

And change the time selector so that changing minutes only changes the minutes and not the hour as well. What a stupid function.
    Ry

Global Posts
    8,783 Global Posts

Does Samsung have a patent on their multi-view feature?

Global Posts
    831 Global Posts

Does Samsung have a patent on their multi-view feature?
    If they don't I'd be amazed.

I'm sure we could develop an open source implementation of it but again it needs to be asked how important is that feature?

Ry

Global Posts
    8,783 Global Posts

I want Key Lime Pie to be an Android 4.3 release just because bloggers are assuming "5.0".

NoYankees44 likes this.
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast